Essential elvis magazine

All the Elvis you can take
User avatar

John
Posts: 20669
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 4149 times
Been thanked: 5463 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby John » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:20 pm

eaptcb wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
TonyS wrote:
colinc1968 wrote:U have the same trouble too?

Saying things had been sent when they hadn't, yes.
Also a friend of mine the same.
Ignoring emails too.

And advertising stock that he doesn't have. Which is why a lot of emails he receives go unanswered. I happen to know this for a fact. He advertises stuff he doesn't have and then chases for the product when the orders come in. And, the cheeky bastard, takes your money before you even get the product.

He's also a very egotistical person. Even printing photos of himself in his magazines. One issue had his picture in it 4 times, so I'm told.

The magazine is not for me. EMM is all i need.


very unethical fellow like the time he tried to sell some 8mm film on ebay from the collection of Rex Martin not long after he died, behind Rex's sisters back. but he was caught, and that he just dumped a large quantity of Rex;s stuff in a skip, or as he would say he is still cataloguing it, lol.

How did he get Rex's stuff? I know a lot of it went missing.

User avatar

eaptcb
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby eaptcb » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm

Long story but he was contacted and asked if he could help in moving his stuff and looking after it. So it wasn't skipped (ironic really as that's what he did to a lot of it.
But Rex's sister thought obviously that Mr hearn could be trusted lol oh how wrong she was. But in saying that another collector put most of the money up for taking Rex' stuff.
And of course Essential Elvis took all credit for securing Rex's collection and how they were going to catalogue everything. But that was never going to happen. As like I said they only took what they could carry and skipped the rest...
Real gentlemen don't you think...
There is only one Elvis accept no imitations, and just enjoy the music.

User avatar

John
Posts: 20669
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 4149 times
Been thanked: 5463 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby John » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:47 pm

eaptcb wrote:Long story but he was contacted and asked if he could help in moving his stuff and looking after it. So it wasn't skipped (ironic really as that's what he did to a lot of it.
But Rex's sister thought obviously that Mr hearn could be trusted lol oh how wrong she was. But in saying that another collector put most of the money up for taking Rex' stuff.
And of course Essential Elvis took all credit for securing Rex's collection and how they were going to catalogue everything. But that was never going to happen. As like I said they only took what they could carry and skipped the rest...
Real gentlemen don't you think...

Amazing!

User avatar

martin018
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 am
Location: Suffolk, England
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby martin018 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 am

E-mailed the magazine yesterday as the latest issue I've got is still Summer 2019.
Actually got a reply from someone called Jade asking if there was a tick in the box to say my subscription had expired.
I replied that there wasn't.
I thought this was a bit rich as in 2018 we only got 3 issues and last year 2 issues and it is supposed to be quarterly.

User avatar

John
Posts: 20669
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 4149 times
Been thanked: 5463 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby John » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:59 am

martin018 wrote:E-mailed the magazine yesterday as the latest issue I've got is still Summer 2019.
Actually got a reply from someone called Jade asking if there was a tick in the box to say my subscription had expired.
I replied that there wasn't.
I thought this was a bit rich as in 2018 we only got 3 issues and last year 2 issues and it is supposed to be quarterly.

Do you pay per issue or do you pay for 4 in advance and only get 2 or 3?


Jim Dandy
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:39 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Essential elvis magazine

Postby Jim Dandy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:11 pm

skabillyrebels wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:Andrew Hearn i personally don't trust the guy. I sent him a tape back in the 90s and it got bootlegged and sold very well at the time


Which CD?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It was Auld Lang Syne 76 CDs
I still have the original mint first pressing vinyl that i used to transfer it onto to tape.
This was all done in a recording studio. plus I have the original tape i only gave him a tape copy.
He made a good bit of money on that one. of course if he is asked he will deny it thats the type of guy he is.

Interesting. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar

martin018
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 am
Location: Suffolk, England
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby martin018 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:15 pm

Do you pay per issue or do you pay for 4 in advance and only get 2 or 3?


I subscribe but am pretty sure it is not due for renewal.
Don't think i'll renew after all this which is a shame as apart from his self promotion some of the articles are quite good.
Perhaps i'll subscribe to something else instead.

User avatar

John
Posts: 20669
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 4149 times
Been thanked: 5463 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby John » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:50 pm

martin018 wrote:Do you pay per issue or do you pay for 4 in advance and only get 2 or 3?


I subscribe but am pretty sure it is not due for renewal.
Don't think i'll renew after all this which is a shame as apart from his self promotion some of the articles are quite good.
Perhaps i'll subscribe to something else instead.

I no longer subscribe to anything, haven't done for a long time. I might have missed some mildly interesting articles, but really, I don't feel any the worse for it, I don't think I've missed out on any information. Anything important appears on the internet in no time. The fantastic thing is that I'm not hooked on having to buy the magazines and I feel so much the better for it.

User avatar

eaptcb
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:02 pm
Location: Scotland
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby eaptcb » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:44 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:Andrew Hearn i personally don't trust the guy. I sent him a tape back in the 90s and it got bootlegged and sold very well at the time


Which CD?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It was Auld Lang Syne 76 CDs
I still have the original mint first pressing vinyl that i used to transfer it onto to tape.
This was all done in a recording studio. plus I have the original tape i only gave him a tape copy.
He made a good bit of money on that one. of course if he is asked he will deny it thats the type of guy he is.

Interesting. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sounds about right.... he would sell his granny if he thought he could make a dollar.. lol..
then deny he was related
I know of many things like this, like being given a personal gift, 5 minutes later selling it for anything he could get, he has also been caught out so many times too..
his last Sonny West event in Worthing din't go down to well, he tried to porn him off to someone else just so he didn't have to look after him for the last few days, that was after trying to get out of paying him his fee, it was embarrassing to see...
another time saying he was going to the airport to pick up a guest from the USA for an event, but because it was early in the morning he sent a friend (who is no longer lol) to pick him up, to which the guest was not happy, and to make it worse on going home to the USA booked him a taxi and said good night the night before the flying home, but the guest (Sam Thompson) stood his ground and made Andrew drag his ass out his bed and get in the taxi too to see him off lol...
so professional... a sad effort but just the way it is with AH
There is only one Elvis accept no imitations, and just enjoy the music.

User avatar

martin018
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 am
Location: Suffolk, England
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby martin018 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Just to let you know, i've had no response from Essential Elvis since replying to their e-mail last night, stating my subscription was not due. No surprise there!!


TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 4115 times
Been thanked: 3936 times

Re: Essential elvis maga

Postby TonyS » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:41 pm

eaptcb wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:
skabillyrebels wrote:Andrew Hearn i personally don't trust the guy. I sent him a tape back in the 90s and it got bootlegged and sold very well at the time


Which CD?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It was Auld Lang Syne 76 CDs
I still have the original mint first pressing vinyl that i used to transfer it onto to tape.
This was all done in a recording studio. plus I have the original tape i only gave him a tape copy.
He made a good bit of money on that one. of course if he is asked he will deny it thats the type of guy he is.

Interesting. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sounds about right.... he would sell his granny if he thought he could make a dollar.. lol..
then deny he was related
I know of many things like this, like being given a personal gift, 5 minutes later selling it for anything he could get, he has also been caught out so many times too..
his last Sonny West event in Worthing din't go down to well, he tried to porn him off to someone else just so he didn't have to look after him for the last few days, that was after trying to get out of paying him his fee, it was embarrassing to see...
another time saying he was going to the airport to pick up a guest from the USA for an event, but because it was early in the morning he sent a friend (who is no longer lol) to pick him up, to which the guest was not happy, and to make it worse on going home to the USA booked him a taxi and said good night the night before the flying home, but the guest (Sam Thompson) stood his ground and made Andrew drag his ass out his bed and get in the taxi too to see him off lol...
so professional... a sad effort but just the way it is with AH

He's burnt way too many bridges in the past, and now that past seems to be catching up with him.

User avatar

Topic author
colinc1968
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 12:20 am
Location: Southampton
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby colinc1968 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:12 pm

I emailed yesterday and still waiting a reply... But I have emailed regularly and they've only replied once or twice so I'm not going hold my breath this time


Lou A.
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:48 pm
Location: New Jersey
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby Lou A. » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:02 am

SO! Will Essential Elvis ever resume publishing ?


SteveJ
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:57 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby SteveJ » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:12 pm

Issue #105 of the Essential Elvis Mag arrived this morning!

User avatar

martin018
Posts: 44
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 am
Location: Suffolk, England
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Essential elvis magazine

Postby martin018 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Mine arrived as well. No apology in the editorial for the long delay, normally he has some excuse. It's a shame about him because some of the articles are quite good. It's no way to run a business.


Return to “Everything Elvis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 7 guests