New Book from FTD 50th Anniversary of the documentary Elvis That’s The Way It Is

All the Elvis you can take

galaxie

Re: New Book from FTD 50th Anniversary of the documentary Elvis That’s The Way It Is

Postby galaxie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Flyer from team Lorentzen.

cadillac-elvis

Re: New Book from FTD 50th Anniversary of the documentary Elvis That’s The Way It Is

Postby cadillac-elvis » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm

TonyS wrote:
Dcs fan wrote:seems that they copy each other, they could have collaborated together

You can blame the person who had the negatives and sold the images twice, once to each of the two producers. Very naughty.
Each producer paid good money, and you can't blame either for wanting a return on their investment.
Fact.

But it seems that every month there is these huge, heavy books coming out.....

couldn't these photo's be released on digital books on CD-ROM?

John

Postby John » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:37 pm

galaxie wrote:Flyer from team Lorentzen.

I really don't see how there are 1100 unseen colour and black and white photos, not on top of the 2000 photos from the first 3 books.

Have they just copied frames from the movie?

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I'm not spending my money on it.

Topic author
Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:47 pm

This new 2 book set from Erik Lorentzen I´m 100% sure I´ll not buy, neither bought the other 3 book set from last year 8-).

Stopped buying books from him long time ago and sold the mayority I had, kept only the "Elvis-The Movies" because the author was Alan Hanson & The "King Of The Jungle"!. The new FTD 8 cd/2 book set will wait until the trackinglist is revealed.... ;).
Last edited by Tulsa Mclean on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
TonyS wrote:
Dcs fan wrote:seems that they copy each other, they could have collaborated together

You can blame the person who had the negatives and sold the images twice, once to each of the two producers. Very naughty.
Each producer paid good money, and you can't blame either for wanting a return on their investment.
Fact.

It matters not to me, I don't buy these expensive books anymore and have no desire for the images on CD-ROM.
My personal thought is that books is where the money is at, and that's why the producers are putting so much effort into the product and promotion of them.
Books can be printed on mass relatively cheap in certain countries around the world, China and India for example.... that's the way it is.

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 pm

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

HD_RES

Postby HD_RES » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:
TonyS wrote:

Fact.

That will never happen,same with FTD cds as digital audio files IMO
Piracy is a big problem and releasing FTD books/cds as data files makes the problem a lot bigger.

Topic author
Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:37 pm

Price has just been announced for this set on Facebook: 2400 Norwegian kroners (225 euros) plus shipping :shock:.
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Tulsa Mclean wrote:Price has just been announced for this set on Facebook: 2400 Norwegian kroners (225 euros) plus shipping :shock:.

image.jpeg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

skabillyrebels

Postby skabillyrebels » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:59 pm

OMG. :shock:
They better not be you know what audio files. :lol:
"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

John

Postby John » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:02 am

I've never been one to buy CDs and keep them on the shelf unsealed. I've never been one to think about the future value of these things, it's never been of any interest to me .The joy is in receiving the disc, opening it and playing it.

I've said I'm not going to buy this. I really don't care for the books, haven't bought one for years apart from The Making of VLV, and I've got all the bootleg releases, which I haven't played in years anyway. There's going to be very little on this set that hasn't already been out.

For the first time though, I'm beginning to think that I should buy a copy or 2 or 3 as an investment because it will increase in value in time. Am I right? Do they increase much in value?

The Baystar dude

Postby The Baystar dude » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:11 am

Since the start of FTD I always buy two copies. One sealed on the shelf and the other to listen to.

The Baystar dude

Richard

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:16 am

The Baystar dude wrote:Since the start of FTD I always buy two copies. One sealed on the shelf and the other to listen to.

The Baystar dude

Why?

The Baystar dude

Postby The Baystar dude » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:42 am

Richard wrote:
The Baystar dude wrote:Since the start of FTD I always buy two copies. One sealed on the shelf and the other to listen to.

The Baystar dude

Why?

It’s a collectors thing. Did the same thing with U.S. vinyl releases. For me it has nothing to do with value.

The Baystar dude

John

Postby John » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:53 am

The Baystar dude wrote:
Richard wrote:

The Baystar dude

Why?

It’s a collectors thing. Did the same thing with U.S. vinyl releases. For me it has nothing to do with value.

The Baystar dude

Do you eventually sell the spare copy off?

Return to “Everything Elvis”