NEW NETFLIX CARTOON SERIES....AGENT KING

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Re: NEW NETFLIX CARTOON SERIES....AGENT KING

Postby Hard Rocker » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:13 am

On a slightly more personal note, with PP my thinking is that you gotta take the rough with the smooth. She certainly oversaw a positive reversal in the estate's fortunes, even if it meant oftentimes selling Presley in a way that many fans are unhappy with.

Priscilla has had a quite successful life doing things her way. She also had no problem walking out on the biggest superstar of the Rock era so she's not lacking in character. I suspect at 74/75 years of age she's not going to be changing anytime soon for anybody. She's always known a good thing when she sees it.

Ultimately, for better or worse, she's a formidable woman although I wouldn't mind a fresh approach to the way Elvis is marketed. However I wish her nothing but good health and long years.

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:23 am

It could be a fun idea...happy to give it a go

or619

Postby or619 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:43 am

Both my sons watch Archer, they'll watch this. Archer is a very popular series amongst age groups that normally wouldn't be exposed to Elvis and his music. So I think this is a great idea and will reach a new group of potential fans.

Nigel77

Postby Nigel77 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:32 am

Elvis as private detective has been a popular staple in EP book fiction for many years. Elvis as undercover agent has the potential to attract a new audience.

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:14 pm

It took them almost three years to release another picture for this upcoming series. I'm curious although not overly exited about it. Just hope they'll use a lot of original music - you know, some cool stuff like "Power Of My Love" and "If You Talk In Your Sleep" 8-)

(Source: https://movieweb.com/netflix-reveals-fi ... elvis-spy/)
Agent King_2022-06-16.jpg

Btw: I have to say, that's pretty much my everyday face expression on my way to work :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:04 am

While we still have to wait, it appears that press representatives at this Annecy International Animation Film Festival got a first look at an exclusive trailer ("sizzle reel") of the upcoming series. Slashfilm.com posted a very interesting article on this:

https://www.slashfilm.com/896452/agent- ... ix-annecy/

Agent King Footage Reaction: Elvis Becomes A Secret Agent And Fights Charles Manson In Stylish Animated Show For Netflix [Annecy]

The King of Rock and Roll is having one hell of a great year, even 45 years after his supposed death. While Baz Luhrmann's "Elvis" is a maximalist musical extravaganza, the new adult animated show from Sony Pictures Animation and Netflix wants to show a very different side of the king with "Agent King" — one with lots of guns, bloody action, face-kicking Charles Manson, and a machine-gun-wielding chimp that loves snorting coke.

That's right. Elvis is doing what the Jonas Brothers could not, and getting a show about balancing the musician life with the work of a secret agent (yes, there was almost a show with the same concept starring the Jonas Brothers). During a studio focus panel for Sony Pictures Animation during the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, /Film got to see some concept art and a sizzle reel with the first footage of "Agent King," and Elvis has never looked better.

It's good to be the king

Co-executive producer Fletcher Moules introduced the show, and how it all stems from the famous photo of Elvis and Nixon where the king got a badge that officially made him a federal narcotics agent. The show imagines, what if he actually was a secret agent, and he went on missions when not doing concerts? Not just any missions, mind you, but very real ones that involve real people, with a sort of "Forrest Gump" vibe. To accomplish this, the team set out to tie real-world events and Elvis events together, meaning a lot of research went into big historical events from the late '60s and all throughout the '70s, and the events, concerts, and scandals involving Elvis at the same time. The result was a series of concept art images showing Elvis kicking Charles Manson in the face and probably stopping the Manson murders, but also him punching Fidel Castro in the face, and possibly catching the Zodiac killer too.

Of course, Elvis was a very famous and well-connected guy, so there are plenty of famous names that we can expect to make appearances on "Agent King." Though Moules and character designer Robert Valley played coy on whether the designs were just tests or if they'll actually appear in the series, concept art for everyone from The Beatles (animated Paul McCartney looks incredible in this style), Dean Martin, and Clark Gable, to Marilyn Monroe, Kurt Russell (who did meet Elvis and then went on to play him in John Carpenter's "Elvis") and one George Walton Lucas Jr. This is shaping up to be an R-rated, animated version of "Legends of Tomorrow" and that's a huge compliment.

A bloody good time

Visually, the show looks striking. Valley showed a lot of his work on the design of Elvis himself, with stylized line work capturing what he calls an "adorable and dangerous" look for the king, who Valley describes as the coolest and most handsome man to ever live, and the animated Elvis certainly fits the part. This is not young Elvis, or fat Elvis, but Elvis in 1970 right at his peak. To make the show look and feel like the '70s, the animators looked at modern movies set in the '70s to see how they replicated that style, and used desaturated colors, film grain, and graphic shapes straight out of '70s-style Art Deco to accomplish a vintage yet modern look for the animated show.

As for the footage itself, "Agent King" has a lot in common with "Archer" and even Lurhmann's "Elvis" movie, which also reimagines the singer as a superhero. In the short sizzle reel screened at Annecy, we saw Elvis rocking it out at The International Hotel in Vegas, with the animation doing a great job capturing the king's hypnotizing hip movements and facial expressions, shooting his way out of a fight, ruthlessly killing some bad guys in quite a gory fashion. There's even a shot of a flashback to his time in the army and what appeared to be a green super serum being injected into young Elvis' body. If there was any doubt this was an adult show, Elvis' chimp friend blows a guy's brains off then immediately snorts a line of coke on a table.

The first season of "Agent King" will feature 10 episodes. Since the show is already quite fictional, Moules hinted at the show being able to continue way past the '70s, because if the show is imagining a world where the fringe theories about Elvis being a spy are true, why not go all the way and imagine him not dying in 1977? So the first season will plant seeds for future plot threads that can go towards the late '70s and into the '80s. In any case, this show looks spectacular, and I can't wait to see more.

Well that sounds like a lot of fun! Just having Scatter as one of the main characters is awesome! :mrgreen:

or619

Postby or619 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:07 pm

It's made by the people who made Archer which is very popular, so another whole new audience for an Elvis related project must be a good thing?

HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:54 pm

Finally.... a teaser for AGENT KING ELVIS:

(Source: https://elv75.blogspot.com/2023/02/febr ... elvis.html - Elvis Day by Day)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McHgb1_6UNw

Description on YouTube:
Academy Award-winner Matthew McConaughey is Agent Elvis. Only on Netflix, March 2023.

Elvis Presley trades in his jumpsuit for a jetpack to battle the dark forces that threaten the country - all while holding down his day job as the King of Rock and Roll.

MORE INFO ON AGENT ELVIS
This ten episode, Netflix adult animation series from Sony Pictures Animation is an irreverent action comedy starring Matthew McConaughey as Elvis Presley and follows Elvis as he lives a double-life as a secret agent. The show was created by Priscilla Presley and John Eddie, and was developed by Co-Showrunners Mike Arnold and John Eddie, who also serve as Executive Producers along with Executive Producers Kevin Noel, Matthew McConaughey, Priscilla Presley, with Fletcher Moules serving as Co-Executive Producer and Seranie Manoogian as Producer. Jamie Salter, Corey Salter, and Marc Rosen with Authentic Brands Group also served as Executive Producers. Vancouver-based Titmouse served as the animation studio with Chris Prynoski, Shannon Prynoski, Antonio Canobbio, and Ben Kalina serving as Executive Producers and Gary Ye as Supervising Director, Chris Thompson as Art Director, and Josue Sanchez as Editor. Robert Valley created original character designs, and Agent Elvis’ wardrobe was designed by John Varvatos. Music and original score was composed by Tyler Bates and Timothy Williams.

Full cast not yet announced.

PS: GODDAMNIT, SCATTER!

Now add some Elvis songs and I'm seriously considering getting a Netflix subscription for the first time... :mrgreen:

Some screenshots:

Agent Elvis 1.jpg

Agent Elvis 2.jpg

Agent Elvis 3.jpg

Agent Elvis 4.jpg

Agent Elvis 5.jpg

Agent Elvis 6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John

Postby John » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:06 pm

HillbillyCat wrote:Finally.... a teaser for AGENT KING ELVIS:

It looks like fun.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:19 am

And people say Colonel Parker exploited him... he trained Priscilla well..
"Man, I just work here..."

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:39 am

I'm looking forward to giving this a go

John

Postby John » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:58 am

Rickeap wrote:I'm looking forward to giving this a go

Me too.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:11 pm

Y'all must be kidding, folks.

John

Postby John » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:31 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Y'all must be kidding, folks.

He became the hero in the comic books, and in a TV cartoon.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:30 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Y'all must be kidding, folks.

He became the hero in the comic books, and in a TV cartoon.

Without a song, the day will never end...

Return to “Everything Elvis”