Lisa Marie Spotted in New York

All the Elvis you can take

TonyS

Re: Lisa Marie Spotted in New York

Postby TonyS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:09 pm

Hard Rocker wrote:In fairness, she's a better singer than Gladys! :)

Well, one poorly recorded home recording is hardly a fair representation.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Maybe not, but it was enough for me! :lol:

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:34 pm

You guys have no idea what roots music is. That Gladys recording is a gem. :)

Pacer

Postby Pacer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Elvis is roots music, I thought.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Pacer wrote:Elvis is roots music, I thought.

Sure, but Gladys was even more rootsy. She was his mother !

Wait until those fellas at the R&RHOF discover that recording. They may even induct her.

Pacer

Postby Pacer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Only if John Lennon did sing it too and therefore it would be meaningful.
If elvis is meaningless almost for rolling stone magazine and therefore for music in itself, what they would consider his mother....

Juan Luis

Postby Juan Luis » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:07 pm

TonyS wrote:Personally I think Lisa inherited some of her genes from Gladys, via Elvis of course.
It's sad that she can't seem to settle some of her demons.

I have empathy for her. No one wants to be born to become an addict of anything. She was spoiled by Elvis, first. And her lifelong bad moves or decisions (IMO), are mostly products of the addiction, disease, that does not care about celebrity, rich, poor, or everyone else in between. And money doesn't automatically fix it. if it did, many would still be with us today.
She did try the almost impossibility of making it on her own talent. And in my opinion, wrote and sang some decent songs, and had success with the more important music sophomore effort album release. It's something...no matter how small. But I think (hope I am wrong), she will struggle for a long time. And sadly, because of her (automatic by birth celebrity) relation to Elvis, will make it all the harder. I wish her well.

TonyS

Postby TonyS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:26 pm

Juan Luis wrote:
TonyS wrote:Personally I think Lisa inherited some of her genes from Gladys, via Elvis of course.

I have empathy for her. No one wants to be born to become an addict of anything. She was spoiled by Elvis, first. And her lifelong bad moves or decisions (IMO), are mostly products of the addiction, disease, that does not care about celebrity, rich, poor, or everyone else in between. And money doesn't automatically fix it. if it did, many would still be with us today.
She did try the almost impossibility of making it on her own talent. And in my opinion, wrote and sang some decent songs, and had success with the more important music sophomore effort album release. It's something...no matter how small. But I think (hope I am wrong), she will struggle for a long time. And sadly, because of her (automatic by birth celebrity) relation to Elvis, will make it all the harder. I wish her well.

I have to agree. That's a good post right there.
I bought her albums purely because she's Elvis' daughter, and yes, I was surprised just how good they were/are.
That's a big shadow she's trying to step outside of though, and unfortunately times have changed in the music business, everything these days is so instant and disposable.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

Topic author
Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Mister Moon wrote:You guys have no idea what roots music is. That Gladys recording is a gem. :)

I'm waiting for the box set with all the out-takes. :D

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 pm

Juan Luis wrote:

Thanks Juan, true and sad,

I think that there is a lot more to it, which makes Lisa's situation heartbreaking.

Yes, she was spoilt by her daddy, on the other hand, her other parent was not around, she had a career that she prioritised. I read Lisa saying that the long term housekeepers were leaving, whom she was very close to, whom she interacted with, and she did not have anyone to be with anymore. Her mother, as we know, joined Lisa and whomever else up to Scientology. Scientology has their members treat children, no matter the age, babies, too (unbelievably) as adults. They are not children, adults. That means that their lives are separate, according to the actress Leah Remini, who left the cult and exposed the cult.

Lisa, being raised in that cult, realised what it is. She left the cult. It is the cult's policy that anyone who leaves the cult is a "suppressive" and must not be interacted with, ever, Lisa does not have, whomever was in her family, who was in that cult. Her step-brother, swears and carries on about her, publicly. Lisa would have signed her life away to not discuss the cult before being allowed to leave, and the detectives in the cult are known to follow and tape those who leave, to intimidate them. The cult stole a lot of Lisa's money (according to Leah Remini and other reporters who report how much it costs to climb the ladder within the cult - a celebrity is expected to give millions, a normal person, around $200,000.00, it does not matter if they cannot afford it, they have to give that money, no matter what, to take out a loan, anything, and live a miser's life, as they are "improving the world", that is what they are told).

So, now, Lisa does not have a mother/family, she has her children, though.

Lisa's step brother
Navarone.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mountain Mist on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pacer

Postby Pacer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:50 pm

Juan Luis wrote:

Well,i have sympathy for her too and what the press is making with her is cruel.
From the beginning to now....
But I don't think all her actions or wrong moves were motivated by illness......
Some things were just moves by poor judgement, like every Person can do.
Unless you trying to say that she had an illness and addiction even almost 20 years ago.
And if you think that I would like to know what makes you think that.
Cause I don't think she had addiction or illness 15 years ago necessarily.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 pm

Hard Rocker wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:You guys have no idea what roots music is. That Gladys recording is a gem. :)

I'm waiting for the box set with all the out-takes. :D

I hope there is more in the vaults.

Much better than Julio Iglesias, no kidding.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 pm

Pacer wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:

Well,i have sympathy for her too and what the press is making with her is cruel.
But I don't think all her actions or wrong moves were motivated by illness......
Unless you trying to say that she had an illness and addiction even almost 20 years ago.

In a recent interview, she said she became severely addicted at the age of 45.
On the other hand, in other previous interviews, she also confessed being already hooked on drugs - the first time - at the age of 14.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:10 pm

Suspicious Minds wrote:
Pacer wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:

On the other hand, in other previous interviews, she also confessed being already hooked on drugs - the first time - at the age of 14.

This is around the time her mother was with the actor and model, Mike Edwards, who happily said in his book how he felt about Lisa.

Terrible atmosphere to raise a child, with false people around, as it is known to be.

So, Lisa went from a spoilt and happy life, not knowing anything else, to this new life around Hollywood people.

John

Postby John » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Suspicious Minds wrote:
Pacer wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:

She's certainly not had it easy with her relationships, what with Nick Cage, Michael Jackson and the latest whoever he is. Then also having to hear about the father she probably worshipped, and to live in his shadow, and Scientology, and losing millions. I feel very sorry for her.

Return to “Everything Elvis”