From Elvis at Christmas (Stereo Memphis Recording Service)

All the Elvis you can take

Mister Moon

Re: From Elvis at Christmas (Stereo Memphis Recording Service)

Postby Mister Moon » Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:42 pm

40 Euros for ONE LP ?

That must be a joke. You can get original 50s releases in nice condition for that price. Just a few weeks ago, I got a VG+ one-sided promo London 45 rpm of Larry Williams' "Slow Down" for 25 Euros.

And you gotta smile at the blurb. Who writes that, man ?

For the first time ever, Elvis’ Christmas Album is remastered and mixed into true living stereo. With this release, a new standard is set, to probably the best ever sound separation achievement in history, that has ever been done, delivering fascinating results.

Colin.Bee

Re: From Elvis at Christmas (Stereo Memphis Recording Service)

Postby Colin.Bee » Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:29 am

Mister Moon wrote:40 Euros for ONE LP ?

That must be a joke. You can get original 50s releases in nice condition for that price. Just a few weeks ago, I got a VG+ one-sided promo London 45 rpm of Larry Williams' "Slow Down" for 25 Euros.

And you gotta smile at the blurb. Who writes that, man ?

For the first time ever, Elvis’ Christmas Album is remastered and mixed into true living stereo. With this release, a new standard is set, to probably the best ever sound separation achievement in history, that has ever been done, delivering fascinating results.

It’s utter madness,£45 in the UK! The trouble is there are fans who will pay that money for it, so as long as they do companies will carry on charging these prices and probably keep on raising them to see how far fans will go.

I remember being shocked when Elvis In Concert was originally released. Double albums were normally a bit more than a single album, maybe one and a half times. When RCA released EIC it was double the price of a single album. Why? Because they knew we would buy it.

Return to “Everything Elvis”