Postby Keeper » Tue May 07, 2024 4:56 pm

Do you think it will happen? I hope so
Pam G

cadillac-elvis

Re: Upcoming new Elvis footage?

Postby cadillac-elvis » Tue May 07, 2024 4:58 pm

Yin Yang wrote:This is what Bazz Lurrmann said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-eipxCpg8

This all sounds great, but if he screws around with it like he did with his Elvis movie, or
the way the other guy put together "The Searcher", we are all in for a big dissapointment.

I just hope they treat this right and not try to get fancy with it, with modern editing techniques.

And I assume we are talking "Thats the way it is" and not "Elvis on tour". Or do I have that in reverse?

John

Postby John » Tue May 07, 2024 5:47 pm

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Wed May 08, 2024 5:34 am

I hope it does happen before we all fall off the perch

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 am

Notice those articles claim he found all this UNseen Elvis footage.

We all know that most of us have already seen via the bootleg market, and both On tour
and That's the way it is, were heavily bootlegged. Most of the footage has been out, but albeit sub par quality.
It would be nice to have deluxe comprehensive box sets of each in bluray or 4K formats.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 08, 2024 9:32 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:Notice those articles claim he found all this UNseen Elvis footage.

We all know that most of us have already seen via the bootleg market, and both On tour
and That's the way it is, were heavily bootlegged. Most of the footage has been out, but albeit sub par quality.
It would be nice to have deluxe comprehensive box sets of each in bluray or 4K formats.

There is some great stuff on 'unofficial' releases, but as you say, the quality is pretty poor !

The snag is getting Warner [or whoever] to give permission to Baz to use the pristine footage !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

TheKingForever

Postby TheKingForever » Wed May 08, 2024 4:07 pm

I dont care that much for the 1972 footage but hoping for some TTWII releated release of some kind.
Some fan over at FECC shared in 2022 a really nice TTWII special edition with a mix of SE footage and from
the theatrical version.Edited very well with all the fan crap edited out as well as including stereo sound on the mono source video.
I`m picky when it comes to video and sound quality but this one was good…and most of it in HD with
some SD source being upscaled nicely.
Burned the whole thing to a bluray disc :)
Dont get me wrong OT stuff would be cool to have just not as much as TTWII footage….to me that is.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed May 08, 2024 4:41 pm

TheKingForever wrote:...Dont get me wrong OT stuff would be cool to have just not as much as TTWII footage….to me that is.

The TTWII footage would be better visual quality due to the way it was filmed, but there are some interesting bits from the On Tour stuff, albeit in a lesser quality.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

gd123lbp

Postby gd123lbp » Thu May 23, 2024 10:35 am

Colin B wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:Notice those articles claim he found all this UNseen Elvis footage.

There is some great stuff on 'unofficial' releases, but as you say, the quality is pretty poor !

The snag is getting Warner [or whoever] to give permission to Baz to use the pristine footage !

it is definitely the HD stuff because you can see in the clip baz shared that he is digitising the off master reels and the footage is HD.

Return to “Everything Elvis”