Chu Bops

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Lonely Summer

Chu Bops

Postby Lonely Summer » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:42 pm

Anyone here remember Chu-Bops? They were miniature album cover replicas, with gum inside, shaped to look like a little LP. I bought a few. I planned to keep them unopened, but a friend of mine got angry about that, ripped them open and ate all the gum.
I saw a few at Golden Oldies recently, they wanted $8 for them - individually!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
Lonely Summer

Re: Chu Bops

Postby Lonely Summer » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:44 pm

There were Beatles Chu-Bops, too. I never got the complete set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jak

Postby Jak » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:40 am

I remember them very well.I was fairly young when they were released. I bought a ton of them. I’m sure I’ve got a sealed box somewhere plus a couple of open box displays. I thought they were pretty cool.

Topic author
Lonely Summer

Postby Lonely Summer » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:31 am

Jak wrote:I remember them very well.I was fairly young when they were released. I bought a ton of them. I’m sure I’ve got a sealed box somewhere plus a couple of open box displays. I thought they were pretty cool.

If you ever come across them, I'd like to see them.

epa747

Postby epa747 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:56 pm

Yes, had them all including the counter display, and promo poster. Sold them years back as I did most of the post 1977 items. I didnt get much for all of that stuff. I dont miss them.

jokerlola

Postby jokerlola » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:29 pm

When did these come out? Was this in the US? Did the bubble gum look like little pink records?

When I was a kid in the 60’s and 70’s, besides sport cards with bubble gum, there were Odd Rods which were stickers with crazy animated hot rods driven by sort of monsters. Also in the late 70’s there was Garbage Pale kids which were gross animated parodies of products. There were a set of Elvis bubble gum cards in the late 70’s (after he died) as well.

Topic author
Lonely Summer

Postby Lonely Summer » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:30 am

jokerlola wrote:When did these come out? Was this in the US? Did the bubble gum look like little pink records?

When I was a kid in the 60’s and 70’s, besides sport cards with bubble gum, there were Odd Rods which were stickers with crazy animated hot rods driven by sort of monsters. Also in the late 70’s there was Garbage Pale kids which were gross animated parodies of products. There were a set of Elvis bubble gum cards in the late 70’s (after he died) as well.

Chu Bops were 1980. I wrote a detailed response and it disappeared.

jokerlola

Postby jokerlola » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:14 am

Lonely Summer wrote:
jokerlola wrote:When did these come out? Was this in the US? Did the bubble gum look like little pink records?

Chu Bops were 1980. I wrote a detailed response and it disappeared.

I do remember them slightly but I guess I was a little too old to get into them. I didn’t know they had Elvis’ records. I do remember the pink, record shaped gum.

Jak

Postby Jak » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:33 am

It’s funny how some things get stuck in you’re head. I was just a kid when they came out. Long before I could drive. I would walk a fairly long way to a drugstore called “Buschbaum’s Pharmacy” to get them. The lady behind the counter let me take the display box home when I bought all the packs.

Topic author
Lonely Summer

Postby Lonely Summer » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:11 am

Jak wrote:It’s funny how some things get stuck in you’re head. I was just a kid when they came out. Long before I could drive. I would walk a fairly long way to a drugstore called “Buschbaum’s Pharmacy” to get them. The lady behind the counter let me take the display box home when I bought all the packs.

I had no intention of opening them to get the gum; which is odd, since I always ate the gum that came with Topps baseball cards. It tasted like cardboard. And then there were these.

Jak

Postby Jak » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:56 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:
Jak wrote:It’s funny how some things get stuck in you’re head. I was just a kid when they came out. Long before I could drive. I would walk a fairly long way to a drugstore called “Buschbaum’s Pharmacy” to get them. The lady behind the counter let me take the display box home when I bought all the packs.

I had no intention of opening them to get the gum; which is odd, since I always ate the gum that came with Topps baseball cards. It tasted like cardboard. And then there were these.

I made the long walk to the same store to buy those also. I bought a ton of them. I think we all did.

Return to “Everything Elvis”