NEW NETFLIX CARTOON SERIES....AGENT KING

All the Elvis you can take

John

Re: NEW NETFLIX CARTOON SERIES....AGENT KING

Postby John » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:57 am

Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:Was Priscilla involved in this project ?

Just wondered, looking at track 21...
Nigel77 wrote:Priscilla co-created the series and is an Executive Producer as well as voicing her own character.

So why is she 'worried' about the content ?

You put the link up, did you read it?

Speaking at Elvis Week 2021, the 77-year-old confessed: “I read the scripts. I worry about the scripts because it’s an adult animation. So you’re leaving it to Sony and Netflix because that’s who has it. Sometimes the script comes in and I go, ‘God, Elvis never would say that!’” She then gave an example where Elvis is meeting with a Commander of a spy agency during the Sixties, wanting to be made an agent.

Priscilla said: “[The Commander’s] assistant is really tough and she’s saying things to Elvis like, ‘Get it yourself!’ Oh my god, he would never have any woman or anyone just say, ‘Get it yourself’.” So Elvis’ ex-wife went to the Agent Elvis creators and asked them to cut the lines out.

She added: “I said, ‘You can’t put that in there!’ So it’s me trying to change everything that Elvis would not do. But they said, ‘Come on, give us some slack.’ And I go, ‘I’ll give up on this but you’ve got to take this out.’ They had this part where she says, ‘Yeah, you and that black hair on your head’ or something like that. I go, ‘Don’t make fun of his hair! His hair is really cool! This is so not okay with me!’” Some time has passed since she said all this so maybe her changes were implemented; something fans can find out from tomorrow.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:20 am

Nigel77 wrote:Priscilla co-created the series and is an Executive Producer as well as voicing her own character.
Colin B wrote:So why is she 'worried' about the content ?
John wrote:You put the link up, did you read it?...

Of course !

I was simply pointing out how incongruous it was for her to 'worry' about something she was instrumental [& heavily involved] in making...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

She is so disingenuous!!!
ImageImage

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:44 am

Private Presley wrote:She is so disingenuous!!!

I reckon she's hedging her bets !

If it causes controversy, she can claim "Yes, I had my doubts all along !"

If it's a wild success, she can claim "Yes, I was the driving force behind it !"
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:17 pm

Colin B wrote:

If it's a wild success, she can claim "Yes, I was the driving force behind it !"

You can pop along to the Palladium and ask her about it on April 3rd.

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/priscilla-presley

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:53 pm

John wrote:
Colin B wrote:

You can pop along to the Palladium and ask her about it on April 3rd.

https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/priscilla-presley

Her daughter passed away two months ago, but Beaulieu's insatiable search of the spotlight is still active. What a mundane individual.

Of course, all brainless scientolofreaks will keep on licking her feet. Vomitive.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:37 am

Priscilla is just a other talentless leech who can only be a somebody on the back of Elvis. Anything with her name associated or EPE puts me off. No one has exploited Elvis or harmed him more than she had
"Man, I just work here..."

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:30 am

AndresVanKujik wrote:Priscilla is just a other talentless leech who can only be a somebody on the back of Elvis. Anything with her name associated or EPE puts me off. No one has exploited Elvis or harmed him more than she had

I don't agree with that. Without her Graceland would not have become the business it did.

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:54 pm

John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:Priscilla is just a other talentless leech who can only be a somebody on the back of Elvis. Anything with her name associated or EPE puts me off. No one has exploited Elvis or harmed him more than she had

I don't agree with that. Without her Graceland would not have become the business it did.

It depends if you think that's a good thing. The Elvis image has been damaged by EPE particularly the 70s when he did some of his best work.
"Man, I just work here..."

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:45 pm

AndresVanKujik wrote:
John wrote:

It depends if you think that's a good thing. The Elvis image has been damaged by EPE particularly the 70s when he did some of his best work.

I do think it's a good thing. There are of course unfortunate spin-offs, but I do think she did a lot to keep his name alive. As for the 70s being when he did some of his best work...well, he did some of his best work in the 60s and the 50s too.

More damage has been done to Elvis' image by the impersonators than anything else.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:08 pm

John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
John wrote:

I do think it's a good thing. There are of course unfortunate spin-offs, but I do think she did a lot to keep his name alive. As for the 70s being when he did some of his best work...well, he did some of his best work in the 60s and the 50s too.

More damage has been done to Elvis' image by the impersonators than anything else.

He did undoubtedly some brilliant work in the 70s, and for a few short years he was an amazing onstage performer, but his groundbreaking years as an artist were far behind him. He had nothing new to offer, unlike during the 50s. He himself had set the bar too high, really.

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:22 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
John wrote:

He did undoubtedly some brilliant work in the 70s, and for a few short years he was an amazing onstage performer, but his groundbreaking years as an artist were far behind him. He had nothing new to offer, unlike during the 50s. He himself had set the bar too high, really.

Other things conspired against him in the 70s, divorce and drugs apart. The lack of great songs due to Parker's idiotic policy, for one. Imagine if he'd had his choice of songs by Neil Diamond, Paul Simon, McCartney....the list is endless. No world tour. The pressure of Vegas, constant touring, the jumpsuits image, the lack of respect for his own hits, the pressure from fans with rose coloured specs, the pressure of being Elvis. He could have been even greater in the 70s, easily.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:31 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
John wrote:

Other things conspired against him in the 70s, divorce and drugs apart. The lack of great songs due to Parker's idiotic policy, for one. Imagine if he'd had his choice of songs by Neil Diamond, Paul Simon, McCartney....the list is endless. No world tour. The pressure of Vegas, constant touring, the jumpsuits image, the lack of respect for his own hits, the pressure from fans with rose coloured specs, the pressure of being Elvis. He could have been even greater in the 70s, easily.

I agree that he could have been greater, but he would never have reached his previous status.

No artist - musicians, film makers, writers, you name it - is able to maintain the same level of excellence all through his career. Things change, that's inevitable.

Regarding groundbreaking artists, as is the case with Elvis, there's always a brief moment of glory that lasts a few years only, and then the rest is never up to that level. There's many examples, in all fields of art.

That's one of the interesting things about The Beatles. They were at the top for a little over half a decade (1962-1969), and that's it. Every time I see The Rolling Stones on TV announcing a new world tour or a new album... well, what can I say. Terrible stuff. I would rather not imagine Elvis at 80 years of age still doing that "I Got A Woman" / "Amen" routine in Vegas. The lyrics to "Baby Let's Play House" come to mind, sorry.

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:35 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
John wrote:
AndresVanKujik wrote:
John wrote:

I agree that he could have been greater, but he would never have reached his previous status.

No artist - musicians, film makers, writers, you name it - is able to maintain the same level of excellence all through his career. Things change, that's inevitable.

Regarding groundbreaking artists, as is the case with Elvis, there's always a brief moment of glory that lasts a few years only, and then the rest is never up to that level. There's many examples, in all fields of art.

That's one of the interesting things about The Beatles. They were at the top for a little over half a decade (1962-1969), and that's it. Every time I see The Rolling Stones on TV announcing a new world tour or a new album... well, what can I say. Terrible stuff. I would rather not imagine Elvis at 80 years of age still doing that "I Got A Woman" / "Amen" routine in Vegas. The lyrics to "Baby Let's Play House" come to mind, sorry.

I doubt he'd have been performing at 80, but ego is an evil thing. However, Tom Jones is still rocking it.

I'm not sure The Beatles is a good example. They were at the top for most of their career as a band. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened had they continued for a few more years. The Stones became crap to me, when they started writing their own material. They were a great covers blues band before that.

Elvis was obviously a very different artist in the 70s and with the right conditions, I think he could have become even larger. Instead he got lazy, fat, and lost in his own legend.

elvis-fan

Postby elvis-fan » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:08 am

Mister Moon wrote:He had nothing new to offer, unlike during the 50s. He himself had set the bar too high, really.

But that was his own doing... he did have more to offer (in the 70's) he just chose to put his career on cruise control...

Return to “Everything Elvis”