The Life and Death of Elvis Presley

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
colinc1968

The Life and Death of Elvis Presley

Postby colinc1968 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 am

Can anyone tell me if this book is worth a read ..The Life and Death of Elvis Presley -Harbinson

colonel snow

Re: The Life and Death of Elvis Presley

Postby colonel snow » Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am

colinc1968 wrote:Can anyone tell me if this book is worth a read ..The Life and Death of Elvis Presley -Harbinson

It depends what you want to read: true story - fairytales.

colonel snow

John

Postby John » Mon May 25, 2020 12:25 pm

colinc1968 wrote:Can anyone tell me if this book is worth a read ..The Life and Death of Elvis Presley -Harbinson

I read it a long time ago and eventually gave it away. Any book you read about his whole life is depressing. To me, it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. I'd sooner read just about the music, not about a man with many flaws.

Hard Rocker

Postby Hard Rocker » Mon May 25, 2020 7:04 pm

John wrote:

I read it a long time ago and eventually gave it away. Any book you read about his whole life is depressing. To me, it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. I'd sooner read just about the music, not about a man with many flaws.

True John. It's hard to take any positivity from how things panned out. Lately I've come to the conclusion that "Elvis, What Happened?" was a great title for that book.

Hard to say if he was the captain of his own destiny or a victim of circumstance. A bit of both maybe. Having said that, I still feel that a guy who gave so much entertainment to so many deserved a better ending. And despite all, I do feel that at heart he was a good guy.

Return to “Everything Elvis”