Steve Grayson '67
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

This Time _I Can't Stop Loving You

Postby Steve Grayson '67 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:22 pm

One of my favorite songs from Stella sessions in '69
Enjoy

https://youtu.be/dyaMLluX-1c

Last edited by Steve Grayson '67 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RCA VICTOR

Re: This Time _I Can't Stop Loving You

Postby RCA VICTOR » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:52 pm

Steve Grayson '67 wrote:One of my favorite songs from stella sessions in '69
Enjoy

Yep its great,only downside is the piano playing that isnt very good.
Reminds me of the piano playing on Pledging My Love outtakes on MB album.
I call it "hammering"........ :lol:

Topic author
Steve Grayson '67
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Steve Grayson '67 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:55 pm

RCA VICTOR wrote:
Enjoy

yep RCA VICTOR now you know when Elvis was 'hammered '' -Lol - ha ha ha ha ha
............................................................. :D

Topic author
Steve Grayson '67
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Steve Grayson '67 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Steve Grayson '67 wrote:
RCA VICTOR wrote:
Enjoy

yep RCA VICTOR now you know when Elvis was 'hammered '' -wellit weren't the first time was it _to say the least
Lol -

............................................................. :D

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks steve....you are a great asset our forum...keep up the great work..i enjoying seeing your threads and posts!! :D
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

OnStage55

Postby OnStage55 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Elvis voice in 69 was Phenomenal during those Studio Sessions, i Dig every song. 8-)

Topic author
Steve Grayson '67
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Steve Grayson '67 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:10 am

elvislady wrote:Thanks steve....you are a great asset our forum...keep up the great work..i enjoying seeing your threads and posts!! :D

Ty elvis lady for your kind words _I will do my utmost best here to keep yoou and all members happy and well informed of the knowledge i do have about The King _ Enjoy your weekend _ Im happy to be here and be part of this group of fans here on this great Elvis site

@On Stage55 _[b]After a 14-year absence from Memphis, Elvis Presley returned to cut what was certainly his greatest album (or, at least, a tie effort with his RCA debut LP from early 1956).
The fact that From Elvis in Memphis came out as well as it did is something of a surprise, in retrospect --
Presley had a backlog of songs he genuinely liked that he wanted to record and had heard some newer soul material that also attracted him, and none of it resembled the material that he'd been cutting since his last non-soundtrack album, six years earlier.

And he'd just come off of the NBC television special which, although a lot of work, had led him to the realization that he could be as exciting and vital a performer in 1969 as he'd been a dozen years before. And for what was practically the last time, the singer cut his manager, Tom Parker, out of the equation, turning himself over to producer Chips Moman.

The result was one of the greatest white soul albums (and one of the greatest soul albums) ever cut, with brief but considerable forays into country, pop, and blues as well. Presley sounds rejuvenated artistically throughout the dozen cuts off the original album, and he's supported by the best playing and backup singing of his entire recording history.

....................................................................................................................................................

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Steve Grayson '67 wrote:
elvislady wrote:Thanks steve....you are a great asset our forum...keep up the great work..i enjoying seeing your threads and posts!! :D

Ty elvis lady for your kind words _I will do my utmost best here to keep yoou and all members happy and well informed of the knowledge i do have about The King _ Enjoy your weekend _ Im happy to be here and be part of this group of fans here on this great Elvis site

@On Stage55 _[b]After a 14-year absence from Memphis, Elvis Presley returned to cut what was certainly his greatest album (or, at least, a tie effort with his RCA debut LP from early 1956).
The fact that From Elvis in Memphis came out as well as it did is something of a surprise, in retrospect --
Presley had a backlog of songs he genuinely liked that he wanted to record and had heard some newer soul material that also attracted him, and none of it resembled the material that he'd been cutting since his last non-soundtrack album, six years earlier.

And he'd just come off of the NBC television special which, although a lot of work, had led him to the realization that he could be as exciting and vital a performer in 1969 as he'd been a dozen years before. And for what was practically the last time, the singer cut his manager, Tom Parker, out of the equation, turning himself over to producer Chips Moman.

The result was one of the greatest white soul albums (and one of the greatest soul albums) ever cut, with brief but considerable forays into country, pop, and blues as well. Presley sounds rejuvenated artistically throughout the dozen cuts off the original album, and he's supported by the best playing and backup singing of his entire recording history.

....................................................................................................................................................

Your very welcome steve....thank you for sharing your knowledge..i am still learning new information about Elvis and the life he lived...it just has to stay in the memory bank!! Lol :D
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
Steve Grayson '67
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Steve Grayson '67 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:26 pm

elvislady wrote:
Steve Grayson '67 wrote:

Your very welcome steve....thank you for sharing your knowledge..i am still learning new information about Elvis and the life he lived...it just has to stay in the memory bank!! Lol :D

Ha ha ha ha elvis lady _You are right you know Lol - :D
.......................Enjoy .......................................

Return to “The King On Screen”