The Wonder of You - Split Screen - That's The Way It Is and The Lost Performances

Movies, TV and You Tube

Topic author
Leon410

The Wonder of You - Split Screen - That's The Way It Is and The Lost Performances

Postby Leon410 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:08 pm

It was in 1992 when MGM released the Lost Performances on home video that we got to see a small selection of the unused footage from the filming of Elvis’ two concert documentaries, That’s The Way It Is and On Tour.
Among the footage from That’s The Way It Is were four songs performed by Elvis during his 13 August 1970 dinner show, wearing his red ladder suit. None of the footage from this show had been included in the original 1970 movie. Of those four songs, only two were retained for inclusion in the 2001 re-edited version of That's The Way It Is.
Befitting the mantra behind the release of the new movie, "The Wonder of You" was included with almost all new camera angles than was seen in The Lost Performances. In addition, whilst The Lost Performances had been released in standard 4:3 format, the new version of That’s The Way It Is would be released in 16:9 widescreen format.
This video shows the two releases of the song side by side in split screen in order to show the differences and has also been re-edited with RCA’s multi-track audio to give the best possible listening experience.

https://youtu.be/G24-x6O5wk4

elvislady

Re: The Wonder of You - Split Screen - That's The Way It Is and The Lost Performances

Postby elvislady » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:13 am

Thanks for posting Leon. It’s beautiful...
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Return to “The King On Screen”