live a little love a little

Continuity gaffes and other mistakes [mostly] in Elvis movies

Topic author
spinout3

live a little love a little

Postby spinout3 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:10 pm

ive been a fan since i was a young boy and loved the movie live a little love a little.
in the party scene where he sings "a little less conversation" he uses the "nothing box" to woo celeste yarnall.
i always wondered what happened to this box 50 years ago after the movie was finished but couldnt find one piece of information about it.
so last year i decided to make my own identical "nothing box"
it took 10 months and £2500 to produce it with original beeping sound and flashing lights.
this is available to see on youtube.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Colin B

Re: live a little love a little

Postby Colin B » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:47 pm

spinout3 wrote:ive been a fan since i was a young boy and loved the movie live a little love a little.
in the party scene where he sings "a little less conversation" he uses the "nothing box" to woo celeste yarnall.
i always wondered what happened to this box 50 years ago after the movie was finished but couldnt find one piece of information about it.
it took 10 months and £2500 to produce it with original beeping sound and flashing lights.

What fun, spinout, thank you for sharing your Nothing Box details with us.

May I please ask, if you do not mind, what was involved in producing your Nothing Box?

Topic author
spinout3

Postby spinout3 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
spinout3 wrote:ive been a fan since i was a young boy and loved the movie live a little love a little.

May I please ask, if you do not mind, what was involved in producing your Nothing Box?

hi, i couldnt make the actual box myself so i sent a clip from the movie to many workshops and factories around the world asking if they could produce an identical "nothing box".
nearly all of them turned me down. then i got lucky with a company in the south of england.
the secretary of the company who received my email was by chance an elvis fan and persuaded her boss to look into it for me.
he called me and said it was the craziest thing he had ever been asked to produce but he agreed to take on the challenge.
it took many months to track down the right lights and connections for the box but finally after 10 months it was finished.
it felt great to see this box that i had only seen in this movie finally come to life.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 pm

spinout3 wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:

hi, i couldnt make the actual box myself so i sent a clip from the movie to many workshops and factories around the world asking if they could produce an identical "nothing box".
nearly all of them turned me down. then i got lucky with a company in the south of england.
the secretary of the company who received my email was by chance an elvis fan and persuaded her boss to look into it for me.
he called me and said it was the craziest thing he had ever been asked to produce but he agreed to take on the challenge.
it took many months to track down the right lights and connections for the box but finally after 10 months it was finished.
it felt great to see this box that i had only seen in this movie finally come to life.

That's great!

:D

Return to “Blooper Reel”