Clambake

Continuity gaffes and other mistakes [mostly] in Elvis movies

Topic author
Colin B

Re: Clambake

Postby Colin B » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Matt Helm wrote:I'm asking very very quietley...any new informations?!, thx Matt

Sorry - can't hear you...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Any new infos or detective work?....by the way the movie CLAMBAKE has also an anniversary in 2017, don't you know?!Scott,..errr, Matt

Yay, let's have a party, err, a clambake.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:05 pm

HEY Pallies...don't make a laugh on me, it's serious. The great movie CLAMBAKE (and the scene, i think you KNOW what i'm writing about) is 50 years old (5 years younger that i am - the movie, not the scene)...Not any clue? Not one Movie DNA? Not one Bill Bixby speech about the scene?...Hey guys you are the cream de la cream on knowledge on this wonderful forum. What's up folks?!, Matt

John

Postby John » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:48 pm

Matt Helm wrote:HEY Pallies...don't make a laugh on me, it's serious. The great movie CLAMBAKE (and the scene, i think you KNOW what i'm writing about) is 50 years old (5 years younger that i am - the movie, not the scene)...Not any clue? Not one Movie DNA? Not one Bill Bixby speech about the scene?...Hey guys you are the cream de la cream on knowledge on this wonderful forum. What's up folks?!, Matt

Hey Matt, no one's making a laugh on you. You're doing great stuff here.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Thank you John. This post from you is more than respectfully pal. But i'm looking and searching for so long...no one ever cares about this little b/w movie-clip, it's not necessary i know, but nobody knows the answer/clues/tipp in the whole wide ELVIS World, can't believe it...but John, someday i don't know where or when someone will give us the one and only answer....only kidding, you know what a i mean pal. Thank you for your nice posts. Matt

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 am

Clambake - Confidence scene.jpg

This photo clearly shows that the 'Confidence' scene was shot on a studio set.

Think of the time, trouble & effort they went to in order to procure, transport & erect all that kid's equipment !

Wouldn't it have been easier [& cheaper] to shoot at a real location ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:48 am

Colin B wrote:
Confidence scene.jpg

This photo clearly shows that the 'Confidence' scene was shot on a studio set.

Think of the time, trouble & effort they went to in order to procure, transport & erect all that kid's equipment !

Wouldn't it have been easier [& cheaper] to shoot at a real location ?

Are you saying they did not film this movie on location in Florida? What a big letdown! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:52 am

Private Presley wrote:Are you saying they did not film this movie on location in Florida?
What a big letdown! :lol:

I didn't say that.

Wherever it was filmed [& they did use a lot of Florida locations, as well as LA] there must have been a suitable kids' playground somewhere around !
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:17 am

Colin B wrote:
Private Presley wrote:Are you saying they did not film this movie on location in Florida?
What a big letdown! :lol:

I didn't say that.

Wherever it was filmed [& they did use a lot of Florida locations, as well as LA] there must have been a suitable kids' playground somewhere around !

Or maybe not. They needed it set out in a particular order, they needed particular play equipment, they needed to set up movie equipment, they needed the movie crew around the set, they needed to control the lighting, they needed to work without interruption. I can see why they would not have used an outside location.

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 am

John wrote:...They needed it set out in a particular order, they needed particular play equipment, they needed to set up movie equipment, they needed the movie crew around the set, they needed to control the lighting, they needed to work without interruption.
I can see why they would not have used an outside location.

But those sort of restrictions would mean shooting in 'real' locations would be a non-starter for all film makers !

And we know that 'modern' film makers routinely use real locations for filming.

They manage this by shooting early in the morning, when few people are about to 'interrupt' things...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:55 am

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:...They needed it set out in a particular order, they needed particular play equipment, they needed to set up movie equipment, they needed the movie crew around the set, they needed to control the lighting, they needed to work without interruption.

But those sort of restrictions would mean shooting in 'real' locations would be a non-starter for all film makers !

They manage this by shooting early in the morning, when few people are about to 'interrupt' things...

Some scenes lend themselves to shooting in real locations and some don't. I don't think this would have. There would have been too many stops and starts and even if they had started early in the morning, it would have taken hours. Look at the scene and the different bits of play equipment specifically needed for the shots, look at the number of different cuts needed, and you can bet they had to have multiple takes, those kids wouldn't have got it right first time.

That scene would have taken several hours to film and an outside location would not have given them consistent lighting throughout either. They would have to have set up lighting, and microphones, and camera angles, so why not do it in the studio? Easier and more controllable.

John

Postby John » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:15 am

Colin B wrote:

Count up the specific bits of play equipment and I bet you wouldn't find all of these in a normal playground.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE9Mc9cnBkg

and then here are some bloopers.

01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm

The script could have been 'adapted' to accommodate what was there in a real playground.

It still seems a lot of work & expense building the set for such a run-of-the-mill little film...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Colin B...i can only say "WOWWW"!!! The "Confidence Scene STUDIO Pic" ... "it's a gas" (60's speech i know...and i love it). THANKS A LOT Colin B and John for all your research and quotes, i'm very thankful pals, YES. THIS IS "ELVIS PHOENIX"! Matt....btw any clue for the b/w scene....sorry, yes i will go to my room, sorry, yes...lol

John

Postby John » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:40 pm

Matt Helm wrote:btw any clue for the b/w scene....sorry, yes i will go to my room, sorry, yes...lol

I thought that got answered way back.

Return to “Blooper Reel”