Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:49 pm

elvislady wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:
elvislady wrote:Lol, it's his new year's resolution.
I have just logged into Monkey to have a nosey, i see Luuk is posting over there pretty much on his own. :)

What ever happened to that Ger Rijff fella?

Andrew, Jove, Mike Edwards & I also post there occasionally.

Ger kept asking for other posts to be deleted in his threads & when this wasn't actioned, he went off in a bit of a hissy-fit !

It was a pity because he had some interesting stuff to post!

yes, i agree to colin, he did have some interesting stuff, it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.

I have never met "that Ger Rijff fella", and I have not contacted him in a long time.

I do respect him very much, and I think every Elvis fan should. Just think of the amazing amount of extraordinary stuff he's contributed to over the years. It would be hard to find another person in the "Elvis World" that has done so much in the research area.

Let's face it. Just take a look at the Elvis websites and forums. What do people have to offer ? Most of the times, it's laughable stuff. Or recycled, uncredited, information.

So, I say, respect to Ger, and take a look at the mirror guys and gals before throwing dirt on him.

Indeed, nobody's perfect.

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

By the way, a few members here who are always requesting respect from others should be the first ones to be respectful.

Both "ladies" and "men" (or is it "gentlemen" ?).

Spot on, Mister Moon.
It is uncalled for to tell Mister Moon to get off the soap box. Everyone has the right to express his opinion.

I appreciate Ger's contributions but not his temperament. As long as I do not interact with him, that is fine with me.

As I said, I am not getting into details why I said what I said, I have no issues with what he posted he was a very good source of information when it came to elvis, I have the right to express my opinion if you don't like it don't comment.
End of.

We all have our rights. So we will keep on commenting whatever we want, regardless of what you wish.

Colin B

Re: Kid Galahad

Postby Colin B » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Derailed Train [texted this thread].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Colin B wrote:
elvislady wrote:...it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.
ColinB wrote:I've found people from his country are often that way inclined.

I'm allowed to say that because one of my sisters married one !
Mountain Mist wrote:A derriere?

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A 'derriere' is the fleshy part of the backside; in this context, I reckon 'arse' is simply an abbreviation for 'arsehole'...

10 points for observation colin, I did write 'arseole' but choose not to use the full word, maybe i should have done. :D
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:
I have just logged into Monkey to have a nosey, i see Luuk is posting over there pretty much on his own. :)

Ger kept asking for other posts to be deleted in his threads & when this wasn't actioned, he went off in a bit of a hissy-fit !

yes, i agree to colin, he did have some interesting stuff, it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.

I have never met "that Ger Rijff fella", and I have not contacted him in a long time.

I do respect him very much, and I think every Elvis fan should. Just think of the amazing amount of extraordinary stuff he's contributed to over the years. It would be hard to find another person in the "Elvis World" that has done so much in the research area.

Let's face it. Just take a look at the Elvis websites and forums. What do people have to offer ? Most of the times, it's laughable stuff. Or recycled, uncredited, information.

So, I say, respect to Ger, and take a look at the mirror guys and gals before throwing dirt on him.

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

By the way, a few members here who are always requesting respect from others should be the first ones to be respectful.

Spot on, Mister Moon.
It is uncalled for to tell Mister Moon to get off the soap box. Everyone has the right to express his opinion.

I appreciate Ger's contributions but not his temperament. As long as I do not interact with him, that is fine with me.

As I said, I am not getting into details why I said what I said, I have no issues with what he posted he was a very good source of information when it came to elvis, I have the right to express my opinion if you don't like it don't comment.
End of.

We all have our rights. So we will keep on commenting whatever we want, regardless of what you wish.

As you wish, be my guest.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:15 pm

elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

Spot on, Mister Moon.

End of.

Leave us alone Mister Moon, no rolling eyes, no sarcasm, just pretend that females don't exist,

Thank you.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:47 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

Spot on, Mister Moon.

End of.

Leave us alone Mister Moon, no rolling eyes, no sarcasm, just pretend that females don't exist,

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Audrey Women.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

Spot on, Mister Moon.

End of.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Audrey Women.jpg

Ha! I just listened to a bit of the song above - that is funny - true, too, lol.

No, more like this, lol

I'll go back to peeling peas now, lol.

:D

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:07 pm

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:10 pm

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Colin, your train got ignored.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:14 pm

John wrote:Colin, your train got ignored.

Hi John, lol

:D :D :D :D

LOL

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:21 pm

John wrote:Colin, your train got ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Yl4ehzX-o

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:19 pm

...whats the topic btw?! Oh yeah...."Funny how topics slips away" only kiddin', Matt

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

OK - Not a 'blooper' exactly, but as I just posted this elsewhere [don't ask] I thought it might be of interest here as well.

Apologies if I've posted it before:

Kid Galahad

I've always wondered if there was a part of the storyline that didn't make it to the final cut.

When the young couple are making their wedding arrangements, Father Higgins [Liam Redmond] asks Walter Gulick [Elvis]
where he was baptised & he replies 'right here in Cream Valley'.

Father Higgins is taken aback by this as he had understood that Walter was from 'some little town in Kentucky'.

Walter explains that Kentucky was where he was brought up, but he was born in Cream Valley.

Father Higgins studies Walter's baptismal certificate, & doesn't hand it back, saying that he'll 'have to check this with the records'.

I think this was leading up to a plot development where some snag was discovered, like Walter & Rose were related or some such.

But no mention of any problem, or who his parents might have been, is ever referred to again in the film.

Some of the older characters would have remembered his parents, wouldn't they ?

It seems that a whole chunk of the story is missing somehow !

What do others think ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Colin B wrote:OK - Not a 'blooper' exactly, but as I just posted this elsewhere [don't ask] I thought it might be of interest here as well.

Apologies if I've posted it before:

Kid Galahad

I've always wondered if there was a part of the storyline that didn't make it to the final cut.

When the young couple are making their wedding arrangements, Father Higgins [Liam Redmond] asks Walter Gulick [Elvis]
where he was baptised & he replies 'right here in Cream Valley'.

Father Higgins is taken aback by this as he had understood that Walter was from 'some little town in Kentucky'.

Walter explains that Kentucky was where he was brought up, but he was born in Cream Valley.

Father Higgins studies Walter's baptismal certificate, & doesn't hand it back, saying that he'll 'have to check this with the records'.

I think this was leading up to a plot development where some snag was discovered, like Walter & Rose were related or some such.

But no mention of any problem, or who his parents might have been, is ever referred to again in the film.

Some of the older characters would have remembered his parents, wouldn't they ?

It seems that a whole chunk of the story is missing somehow !

What do others think ?

I'd have to watch it all again, but that isn't going to happen for now.

Return to “Blooper Reel”