Kid Galahad

Continuity gaffes and other mistakes [mostly] in Elvis movies

Colin B

Re: Kid Galahad

Postby Colin B » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:44 am

Colin B wrote:Ger kept asking for other posts to be deleted in his threads & when this wasn't actioned,
he went off in a bit of a hissy-fit !
It was a pity because he had some interesting stuff to post!

elvislady wrote:yes, i agree to colin, he did have some interesting stuff, it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.

I've found people from his country are often that way inclined.

I'm allowed to say that because one of my sisters married one !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 am

elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:
elvislady wrote:Lol, it's his new year's resolution.
I have just logged into Monkey to have a nosey, i see Luuk is posting over there pretty much on his own. :)

What ever happened to that Ger Rijff fella?

Andrew, Jove, Mike Edwards & I also post there occasionally.

Ger kept asking for other posts to be deleted in his threads & when this wasn't actioned, he went off in a bit of a hissy-fit !

yes, i agree to colin, he did have some interesting stuff, it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.

I have never met "that Ger Rijff fella", and I have not contacted him in a long time.

I do respect him very much, and I think every Elvis fan should. Just think of the amazing amount of extraordinary stuff he's contributed to over the years. It would be hard to find another person in the "Elvis World" that has done so much in the research area.

Let's face it. Just take a look at the Elvis websites and forums. What do people have to offer ? Most of the times, it's laughable stuff. Or recycled, uncredited, information.

So, I say, respect to Ger, and take a look at the mirror guys and gals before throwing dirt on him.

Indeed, nobody's perfect.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:15 am

Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:
I have just logged into Monkey to have a nosey, i see Luuk is posting over there pretty much on his own. :)

Ger kept asking for other posts to be deleted in his threads & when this wasn't actioned, he went off in a bit of a hissy-fit !

yes, i agree to colin, he did have some interesting stuff, it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.

I have never met "that Ger Rijff fella", and I have not contacted him in a long time.

I do respect him very much, and I think every Elvis fan should. Just think of the amazing amount of extraordinary stuff he's contributed to over the years. It would be hard to find another person in the "Elvis World" that has done so much in the research area.

Let's face it. Just take a look at the Elvis websites and forums. What do people have to offer ? Most of the times, it's laughable stuff. Or recycled, uncredited, information.

So, I say, respect to Ger, and take a look at the mirror guys and gals before throwing dirt on him.

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:21 am

Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:Ger kept asking for other posts to be deleted in his threads & when this wasn't actioned,
he went off in a bit of a hissy-fit !

elvislady wrote:yes, i agree to colin, he did have some interesting stuff, it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.

I've found people from his country are often that way inclined.

A derriere?

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:48 am

Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

Completely correct. He brought a lot to TMMB but he was also very hard work telling me what to do, who should or could be a member, telling me who to kick off the board, criticising a lot of other people and trying to control more than he should have. I've got dozens of emails from him where he goes off the deep end and that was difficult dealing with on a regular basis. It was a shame, but it couldn't continue. I'd have him back like a shot if that side of his personality didn't surface because I think he was/is great.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:51 am

Wasn't he another woman hater, John?

I haven't interacted with him or ever been on a site with him; however, I've heard about him from other ladies.

There seems to be a few of those types around who pick on women instead of liking us, lol :D :D :D

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:52 am

Mountain Mist wrote:Wasn't he another woman hater, John?

Not that I know of.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:59 am

I agree he was a great poster, he could be very hurtful at times, he was a arse in that way.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 am

elvislady wrote:I agree he was a great poster, he could be very hurtful at times, he was a arse in that way.

Probably due to his passion and impatience. On the whole I was glad to have interacted with him, but it was trying at times.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:06 am

John wrote:
elvislady wrote:I agree he was a great poster, he could be very hurtful at times, he was a arse in that way.

Probably due to his passion and impatience. On the whole I was glad to have interacted with him, but it was trying at times.

I understand that john, if he took time out to educate more people like me about the more hardcore elvis discussions he would have got on fine. I like to learn more indepth stuff that he posted over at monkey, he did get tetchy at times. Water under the bridge now... ;)
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:32 pm

elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

By the way, a few members here who are always requesting respect from others should be the first ones to be respectful.

Both "ladies" and "men" (or is it "gentlemen" ?).

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

By the way, a few members here who are always requesting respect from others should be the first ones to be respectful.

In your opinion its the truth, I am not about to get into a slanging match about it, I have my reasons for thinking this, I am not disrespectful to anyone here, I have respect for my elders. lol
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

Spot on, Mister Moon.
It is uncalled for to tell Mister Moon to get off the soap box. Everyone has the right to express his opinion.

I appreciate Ger's contributions but not his temperament. As long as I do not interact with him, that is fine with me.
ImageImage

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Private Presley wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Colin B wrote:

GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX.

It's the truth, Ruth.

Spot on, Mister Moon.
It is uncalled for to tell Mister Moon to get off the soap box. Everyone has the right to express his opinion.

I appreciate Ger's contributions but not his temperament. As long as I do not interact with him, that is fine with me.

As I said, I am not getting into details why I said what I said, I have no issues with what he posted he was a very good source of information when it came to elvis, I have the right to express my opinion if you don't like it don't comment.
End of.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:42 pm

elvislady wrote:...it's a shame he was a bit of an arse.
ColinB wrote:I've found people from his country are often that way inclined.

Mountain Mist wrote:A derriere?

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A 'derriere' is the fleshy part of the backside; in this context, I reckon 'arse' is simply an abbreviation for 'arsehole'...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Blooper Reel”