Kissin' Cousins

Continuity gaffes and other mistakes [mostly] in Elvis movies

Topic author
John

Kissin' Cousins

Postby John » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:40 pm

Here comes the smokey mountain boy drivin' that jeep.

Jeep 01.jpg

Then here comes the General in the same jeep.

Jeep 02.jpg

Then when the bullets start flying, you can see where the explosive is packed

Jeep 03.jpg

and bang

Jeep 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve Grayson '67
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Kissin' Cousins

Postby Steve Grayson '67 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:32 pm

Lol here John _ yep this was a great blooper from movie _ ha ha ha ha

luckyjaxon
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby luckyjaxon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:21 am

Has anyone ever noticed when watching this movie that when pappy gets caught in the tree, some camera shots seem to show him wayyyy out of reach and hanging well out into the canyon, and other shots show him with branches around him and well within reach? That's always been a blooper to me.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:05 am

luckyjaxon wrote:Has anyone ever noticed when watching this movie that when pappy gets caught in the tree, some camera shots seem to show him wayyyy out of reach and hanging well out into the canyon, and other shots show him with branches around him and well within reach? That's always been a blooper to me.

We need screen grabs...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Colin B wrote:
luckyjaxon wrote:Has anyone ever noticed when watching this movie that when pappy gets caught in the tree, some camera shots seem to show him wayyyy out of reach and hanging well out into the canyon, and other shots show him with branches around him and well within reach? That's always been a blooper to me.

We need screen grabs...

I think luckyjaxon is spot on.
01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG
04.JPG
05.JPG
06.JPG
07.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stevenson

Postby Stevenson » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:58 pm

Been editing some movie clips recently and I've noticed some kind of injury caught on screen: a dancing pair hit the ground during Once Is Enough sequence, at the end of instrumental solo and just right before "Never wait until tomorrow..." line.
Note other dancer scratching his head in concern / disbelief

OnceIsEnough.jpg

Topic author
John

Postby John » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:23 pm

Stevenson wrote:Been editing some movie clips recently and I've noticed some kind of injury caught on screen: a dancing pair hit the ground during Once Is Enough sequence, at the end of instrumental solo and just right before "Never wait until tomorrow..." line.

OnceIsEnough.jpg

Nice spot. I'll have to look.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:23 pm

Stevenson wrote:Been editing some movie clips recently and I've noticed some kind of injury caught on screen: a dancing pair hit the ground during Once Is Enough sequence, at the end of instrumental solo and just right before "Never wait until tomorrow..." line.

OnceIsEnough.jpg

Quickie Katzman didn't want to spend money on a re-take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMBd62hRZ5s

Stevenson

Postby Stevenson » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:34 am

John wrote:

OnceIsEnough.jpg

Well, it is a possibility that they wanted completely different shot of this moment (for example close ups of dancers), but instead of having to re-shoot the take, they decided to use another clip from more distance perspective. Would be interesting to see this part of script with more details. Anyone?

Yin Yang

Postby Yin Yang » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:09 am

Remember that movies originally were shot to be shown in movie theaters.
When videotape became commercially available, we could tape or buy the movies and watch at home whenever we liked.
I doubt anybody saw these errors when seeing the movie in the theatre.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:16 am

Yin Yang wrote:Remember that movies originally were shot to be shown in movie theaters.
When videotape became commercially available, we could tape or buy the movies and watch at home whenever we liked.
I doubt anybody saw these errors when seeing the movie in the theatre.

I didn't even see it on DVD until Stevenson pointed it out this week. This is one movie I found quite a few bloopers in which I posted 7 years ago.

Ed A

Postby Ed A » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:12 pm

Stevenson wrote:
John wrote:

OnceIsEnough.jpg

Well, it is a possibility that they wanted completely different shot of this moment (for example close ups of dancers), but instead of having to re-shoot the take, they decided to use another clip from more distance perspective. Would be interesting to see this part of script with more details. Anyone?

Here is the scene in the script but it tells you very little other than saying the song is a "jump ballad". Of course, this was before a song was selected for the scene. Choreography is not usually part of a movie script.

Stevenson

Postby Stevenson » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:21 pm

WOW! Thanks a million, Ed A!
Indeed, it says nothing of importance. I was thinking some songs needed more torough guide how to shoot them. The "Ooh-Aah" sequence from What'd I Say or the Spring Fever duet (boys - girls) springs to mind. I was hoping for something similiar to be included in script.

I'm sucker for this movie. I know it's silly comedy, based on poor script and wasn't done with much care. But having seen this movie with two Elvises, and with one in blonde hair (i didn't know he wasn't brunette at birth) was a DOUBLE dream come true for a young fan. I still have soft spot for the music and soundtrack as well.

Return to “Blooper Reel”