The Pied Piper Enigma TM& HM

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Simon1

The Pied Piper Enigma TM& HM

Postby Simon1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 pm

I must say Trevor did an excellent job on this topic. Separating fact from fiction, covering it from all sides. It's unbelievable this footage remains unseen/unearthed. I mean it was a professional job, stuff like that doesn't just disappear? I still hope it will pop up one day before we'll all be pushing up daisies.

STEVE MORSE

Re: The Pied Piper Enigma TM& HM

Postby STEVE MORSE » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Agreed. The article has clarified a lot of aspects about PP.

The "Uncle Pen(n)", single is another mystery. I remember ordering the record from a local shop after the announcement in NME(?), some time in the late 1960s (?). I seem to recall, however, that someone has written about it in relatively recent times, but I can't recall where or when.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:15 pm

STEVE MORSE wrote:Agreed. The article has clarified a lot of aspects about PP.

The "Uncle Pen(n)", single is another mystery. I remember ordering the record from a local shop after the announcement in NME(?), some time in the late 1960s (?). I seem to recall, however, that someone has written about it in relatively recent times, but I can't recall where or when.

Did you receive it ? ;)

STEVE MORSE

Postby STEVE MORSE » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
STEVE MORSE wrote:Agreed. The article has clarified a lot of aspects about PP.

Did you receive it ? ;)

I think they were keeping it under the counter for me. Unfortunately the shop closed about 30 years ago.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 pm

STEVE MORSE wrote:...The "Uncle Pen(n)", single is another mystery. I remember ordering the record from a local shop after the announcement in NME(?), some time in the late 1960s (?). I seem to recall, however, that someone has written about it in relatively recent times, but I can't recall where or when.
Mister Moon wrote:Did you receive it ? ;)
STEVE MORSE wrote:I think they were keeping it under the counter for me. Unfortunately the shop closed about 30 years ago.

I sent mine back.

There was nothing on the 'B' side !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Colin B wrote:
STEVE MORSE wrote:...The "Uncle Pen(n)", single is another mystery. I remember ordering the record from a local shop after the announcement in NME(?), some time in the late 1960s (?). I seem to recall, however, that someone has written about it in relatively recent times, but I can't recall where or when.
Mister Moon wrote:Did you receive it ? ;)
STEVE MORSE wrote:I think they were keeping it under the counter for me. Unfortunately the shop closed about 30 years ago.

I sent mine back.

There was nothing on the 'B' side !

Ha, ha, ha !

Are you sure ?

Didn't it contain "Tiger Man" ?

PetriTCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby PetriTCB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Sorry my English, but this line: "... the famous movie short which was filmed on October 20th, 1955 and that is still unreleased: "The Pied Piper of Cleveland - A Day in the Life of a Famous Disc Jockey". Does this means that it was "unreleased" before DVD's release or it is finally(!) available on this DVD? American Music Preservation.com
As Elvis said: "Take Care of Business".

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:20 pm

PetriTCB wrote:Sorry my English, but this line: "... the famous movie short which was filmed on October 20th, 1955 and that is still unreleased: "The Pied Piper of Cleveland - A Day in the Life of a Famous Disc Jockey". Does this means that it was "unreleased" before DVD's release or it is finally(!) available on this DVD? American Music Preservation.com

Well it says on there: For reasons best understood by legal minds, the movie was not released at the time and has never been released since, though some sources state that it was shown once in Cleveland. I guess if it was available on that disc, which came out in 2005, we'd have heard by now.

PetriTCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby PetriTCB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:38 pm

John wrote:
PetriTCB wrote:Sorry my English, but this line: "... the famous movie short which was filmed on October 20th, 1955 and that is still unreleased: "The Pied Piper of Cleveland - A Day in the Life of a Famous Disc Jockey". Does this means that it was "unreleased" before DVD's release or it is finally(!) available on this DVD? American Music Preservation.com

Well it says on there: For reasons best understood by legal minds, the movie was not released at the time and has never been released since, though some sources state that it was shown once in Cleveland. I guess if it was available on that disc, which came out in 2005, we'd have heard by now.

It came out in 2016. Actually that "computer disc" is a CD-ROM and it is only available from the Center for American Music Preservation.

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:40 pm

PetriTCB wrote:
John wrote:

It came out in 2016. Actually that "computer disc" is a CD-ROM and it is only available from the Center for American Music Preservation.

Oh I see. Well I think if it had been on there. we'd have heard about it.

PetriTCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby PetriTCB » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:53 pm

John wrote:
PetriTCB wrote:
John wrote:

That title of track 6: The Pied Piper of Cleveland (1955 movie short). I believe that it is somekind "Making of...", "Bill Randle Remembers…" or something like that, although it claims to be a "movie short from 1955 of "The Pied Paper...".

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:57 pm

PetriTCB wrote:
John wrote:
PetriTCB wrote:
John wrote:

That title of track 6: The Pied Piper of Cleveland (1955 movie short). I believe that it is somekind "Making of...", "Bill Randle Remembers…" or something like that, although it claims to be a "movie short from 1955 of "The Pied Paper...".

Yes I saw that. It's intriguing, but as you say, it's probably just talking about it.

Return to “Everything Elvis”