Elvis Week question

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Cheiro

Elvis Week question

Postby Cheiro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:53 am

Going to my first Elvis week and I purchased tickets to a few events. They all say "will call."

My question is do you just go to the will call where you would normally get Graceland tour tickets and they give you all your tickets at once? Or is there a will call for each event?
“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Colin B

Re: Elvis Week question

Postby Colin B » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am

Cheiro wrote:Going to my first Elvis week and I purchased tickets to a few events. They all say "will call."

My question is do you just go to the will call where you would normally get Graceland tour tickets and they give you all your tickets at once? Or is there a will call for each event?

Don't they mean they 'will call' back with details ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Anyone? I can find out when I get there, but I heard it takes an hour and a half standing in line to get to the ticket window.
“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 am

I know the answer to my question now. If anyone else wants to know, you get a packet at Soundstage A that contains all your tickets for the week.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 am

Cheiro wrote:I know the answer to my question now. If anyone else wants to know, you get a packet at Soundstage A that contains all your tickets for the week.

Have fun, Cheiro and family!

:D

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:59 am

There are two will call windows and the lines are substantially shorter than the general line. Amazingly, there are four general ticket lines but while I was waiting today one of them was closed for at least half an hour. By the time I finally got a ticket I decided not to go to the mansion and just do the new exhibits instead. The line ups for the shuttle buses were very long, probably a 1.5 hour wait

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
Cheiro wrote:I know the answer to my question now. If anyone else wants to know, you get a packet at Soundstage A that contains all your tickets for the week.

Have fun, Cheiro and family!

:D

Thanks, we enjoyed the gospel show last night. About to see the scholarly discussion, Elvis 101.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:32 pm

Rickeap wrote:There are two will call windows and the lines are substantially shorter than the general line. Amazingly, there are four general ticket lines but while I was waiting today one of them was closed for at least half an hour. By the time I finally got a ticket I decided not to go to the mansion and just do the new exhibits instead. The line ups for the shuttle buses were very long, probably a 1.5 hour wait

1.5, wow. We have tickets for the mansion tour, I guess we'll see what it's like today.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Cheiro wrote:“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Sorry about going off-topic, but do we know the source for the above quote ?

Thanks in advance.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Cheiro wrote:“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley
Mister Moon wrote:Sorry about going off-topic, but do we know the source for the above quote ?

Thanks in advance.

I think the source was supposed to be Elvis himself...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Colin B wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Sorry about going off-topic, but do we know the source for the above quote ?

Thanks in advance.

I think the source was supposed to be Elvis himself...

Yes, I know, his name is written at the end of the quote, but when did he say that ?

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:48 pm

I don't remember what book I found it in. It's all over various quote websites. There is also a variation of it here:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/book_world.html

If I find the source I got it from, I'll let you know.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:01 pm

I got the 40th anniversary Aloha DVD, a photographic history of the candlelight vigil, and both volumes of the FTD sacred songs books.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Cheiro wrote:I don't remember what book I found it in. It's all over various quote websites. There is also a variation of it here:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/book_world.html

If I find the source I got it from, I'll let you know.

Yes, I have seen that, but I have found none where the origin of the quote is given.

I'm afraid most of those "Elvis quotes" are not authentic. They are simply copied and pasted from one site to another, and they are useless, unless a source is given.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Well, good luck starting an argument with me about it, if that's what you're after. I've had enough of that crap on FECC, which is why I left. Like I said, if I come across the source I'll let you know.

Return to “Everything Elvis”