Quote of the Day

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

John

Re: Quote of the Day

Postby John » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:38 am

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:It was great with the first Mrs John. Not so with the second one, I didn't want to be there. :mrgreen:
Colin B wrote:Shotgun ?
John wrote:No. I just didn't want to marry her. She kept on and on and on about getting married, so in the end I gave in. Big mistake. Day before yesterday our daughter, who is now having all sorts of problems with her mother, told me that she was told that it was me that wanted to get married. 14 years after our divorce she is still lying about not only me, but also other people.

You're lucky that your daughter realises with which parent the fault lies...

It took a long time. When she became an adult, she began to see the truth. She is going to ask her mother to see a counsellor because her behaviour is causing our daughter massive problems. We've discussed it many times. I divorced her and could walk away. Our daughter can't. She wants a normal mother/daughter relationship.

We were talking about this on Thursday evening and our daughter said "I don't know how you two ever got married" which is when I told her what happened, and which is when she told me her mother said it was me that wanted to marry her.

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:57 am

Colin B wrote:You're lucky that your daughter realises with which parent the fault lies...
John wrote:It took a long time. When she became an adult, she began to see the truth. She is going to ask her mother to see a counsellor because her behaviour is causing our daughter massive problems. We've discussed it many times. I divorced her and could walk away. Our daughter can't. She wants a normal mother/daughter relationship.

We were talking about this on Thursday evening and our daughter said "I don't know how you two ever got married" which is when I told her what happened, and which is when she told me her mother said it was me that wanted to marry her.

Sociopath.JPG

Remind you of anyone ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:25 am

Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:You're lucky that your daughter realises with which parent the fault lies...
John wrote:It took a long time. When she became an adult, she began to see the truth. She is going to ask her mother to see a counsellor because her behaviour is causing our daughter massive problems. We've discussed it many times. I divorced her and could walk away. Our daughter can't. She wants a normal mother/daughter relationship.

Sociopath.JPG

Remind you of anyone ?

Yes, she ticks all of the boxes. At the time of our marriage I didn't even know there was such a profile and I was always puzzled by her behaviour. It's only in the last couple of years that I've been able to finally identify her as a narcissist. It's answered every question.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:31 am

Unbelievable how some people can be so heartless. I have meet people like this. I stay well away from them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:32 am

"You cannot tailor-make the situations in life but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.

Zig Ziglar
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

John

Postby John » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:21 pm

elvislady wrote:Unbelievable how some people can be so heartless. I have meet people like this. I stay well away from them.

You often don't know they're like it until it's too late.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:32 pm

Experience is the comb that nature gives us when we are bald.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:56 pm

John wrote:
elvislady wrote:Unbelievable how some people can be so heartless. I have meet people like this. I stay well away from them.

You often don't know they're like it until it's too late.

I understand john. Also people are very cunning and reel you In. Before you know your hooked line and sinker!
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:43 pm

Quote of the Day - 1st September:

Quote of the Day - 1st September.JPG

Elvis must have gotten fed up with some of his early hits by the end.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:16 am

Gloria Estefan, "US singer" ?

Yeah, right.

Her father was one of the bodyguards who worked for Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista, who was dethroned by Fidel Castro's revolution.

Yet, she's made a living in the USA talking trash about Fidel, in the name of freedom.

Come on.

John

Postby John » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:53 am

Mister Moon wrote:Gloria Estefan, "US singer" ?

Yeah, right.

Her father was one of the bodyguards who worked for Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista, who was dethroned by Fidel Castro's revolution.

Yet, she's made a living in the USA talking trash about Fidel, in the name of freedom.

Come on.

I guess she has a different viewpoint from her father.

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:36 am

Yeah, right.
Come on.
John wrote:I guess she has a different viewpoint from her father.

Officially she's listed as 'Cuban/US'.

If her father worked for 'dethroned' Batista [& assuming he supported him & his regime] then 'talking trash' about Castro would mean that she shared her papa's political outlook, wouldn't it ?

BTW - My using someone's quote on this thread doesn't necessarily mean I condone or support their political leanings...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Colin B wrote:
Yeah, right.
Come on.
John wrote:I guess she has a different viewpoint from her father.

Officially she's listed as 'Cuban/US'.

If her father worked for 'dethroned' Batista [& assuming he supported him & his regime] then 'talking trash' about Castro would mean that she shared her papa's political outlook, wouldn't it ?

In other words, let's say that those Miami jet-set refugees, including GS, who once supported and lived the good life with dictator Batista have no moral authority to teach what's freedom and what's not freedom.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:04 pm

I played glorias music back In early 90s a lot. I still like it and her. I was not aware of her family background.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:09 am

Quote of the Day - 2nd September:

Quote of the Day - 2nd September.JPG

None.

Those 'earning' those sort of sums simply struck it lucky or are overpaid for what they do.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Off Topic”