New member from Texas

Introduce Yourself

elvislady

Re: New member from Texas

Postby elvislady » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 am

Welcome to the forum cherio......nice to see you joining in.. :D
Is this name your real name or stage name?
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Cheiro wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Cheiro wrote:I have read a few books on the "Elvis religion" as well. I find those entertaining, and some of them are pretty crazy. I'm interested in learning about all aspects of Elvis's impact on our culture. Mainstream, fringe, I don't care--I read it all, LOL.

"Dead Elvis" by Greil Marcus is one I would like to read, dealing with Elvis's impact on our culture. Have you read it ?

Yes, it is one of my favorites. I will probably read it again.

Marcus's writings are always a challenging read, and almost always include intriguing views, and connections that you had never made. Sometimes he may become too cryptic and academical, though. You know, I'm such an illiterate kind of guy.

Ha, yes, he can be a little obscure but I love that sort of thing. I really enjoyed the section on punk rock and Vicious Burger. He really came up with a lot of interesting things I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:05 pm

elvislady wrote:Welcome to the forum cherio......nice to see you joining in.. :D

Thanks. It's just my stage name. I am known by other names as well. ;-)
“Everybody comes from the same source. If you hate another human being, you’re hating part of yourself.” --Elvis Presley

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
Cheiro wrote:Hello, I'm a fan of Elvis and I'm from Texas. I just joined this forum today and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the other Elvis fans here.

I took my name from Cheiro's Book of Numbers, one of Elvis's favorite numerology books.

My main interests are Elvis's occult and metaphysical studies, his practice of spiritual healing, and Elvis culture in general.

As far as the music goes, I love it all, but my favorite period is probably the 1970's.

Hi Cheiro - welcome :D :D :D

Have you personally delved into Numerology?

I hope to delve into numerology very soon. I am superficially acquainted with it, although I have made an academic study of other esoteric subjects such as alchemy, astrology, Tarot and Qabalah in varying degrees.

Part of Qabalah is the study of Gematria, which is the study of Jewish number symbolism in the Bible. The Hebrew alphabet and number system are not distinct, so words also have a numerical value. Different words with the same number value are said to share a symbolic connection. I know enough to write in Hebrew and have kept a Gematria dictionary before. Gematria comes from the word "geometry." Geometry is the study of harmony and proportions in nature, and was considered sacred by the Greeks, so the connection makes sense, since Gematria is about the conceptual and numerical harmony between words. Greek geometry was actually a prophecy of the Christ, according to Simone Weil (she is a French philosopher whose writings have influenced me quite a bit). There is also Gematria in Greek and Latin. It was used to encode secret messages in scripture.

I hope to be able to decipher what Elvis was thinking when he scribbled these notes:

http://www.elvispresleypedia.com/epedia/numerology/numerology-elvis.htm

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:26 pm

Cheiro wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Cheiro wrote:Hello, I'm a fan of Elvis and I'm from Texas. I just joined this forum today and I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the other Elvis fans here.

I took my name from Cheiro's Book of Numbers, one of Elvis's favorite numerology books.

My main interests are Elvis's occult and metaphysical studies, his practice of spiritual healing, and Elvis culture in general.

As far as the music goes, I love it all, but my favorite period is probably the 1970's.

Hi Cheiro - welcome :D :D :D

Have you personally delved into Numerology?

I hope to delve into numerology very soon. I am superficially acquainted with it, although I have made an academic study of other esoteric subjects such as alchemy, astrology, Tarot and Qabalah in varying degrees.

Part of Qabalah is the study of Gematria, which is the study of Jewish number symbolism in the Bible. The Hebrew alphabet and number system are not distinct, so words also have a numerical value. Different words with the same number value are said to share a symbolic connection. I know enough to write in Hebrew and have kept a Gematria dictionary before. Gematria comes from the word "geometry." Geometry is the study of harmony and proportions in nature, and was considered sacred by the Greeks, so the connection makes sense, since Gematria is about the conceptual and numerical harmony between words. Greek geometry was actually a prophecy of the Christ, according to Simone Weil (she is a French philosopher whose writings have influenced me quite a bit). There is also Gematria in Greek and Latin. It was used to encode secret messages in scripture.

I hope to be able to decipher what Elvis was thinking when he scribbled these notes:

http://www.elvispresleypedia.com/epedia/numerology/numerology-elvis.htm

Very interesting, thanks for the reply - you might be able to share more :D

With regard to Numerology, I only know what my Life Path number is, lol, what is auspicious for my house number (so I chose it, lol) and I like the coincidences of numbers and/or the repeats - could be significant, it is interesting, anyway.

When something major has occurred in my life, the dates have repeated, which I find interesting.

Do you know your Life Path number yet?

Different words with the same number value are said to share a symbolic connection.

So, if people's names are similar, except for one alphabetic letter - that would have to be quite significant, wouldn't it?

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:28 pm

Will this interest in numerology last long ?

Let's just say its days are numbered...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 pm

Colin B wrote:Will this interest in numerology last long ?

LOL - that was slack, lol LOL LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Colin B wrote:Will this interest in numerology last long ?

"All things must pass." --George Harrison

...and that joke went right over my head. Just got it.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:

With regard to Numerology, I only know what my Life Path number is, lol, what is auspicious for my house number (so I chose it, lol) and I like the coincidences of numbers and/or the repeats - could be significant, it is interesting, anyway.

When something major has occurred in my life, the dates have repeated, which I find interesting.

Different words with the same number value are said to share a symbolic connection.

So, if people's names are similar, except for one alphabetic letter - that would have to be quite significant, wouldn't it?

I don't know my life path number yet. You are definitely inspiring me to read Cheiro's Book of Numbers. I think I will start it after I finish When Elvis Died by Neal and Janice Gregory.

I'm not sure how that works in numerology. I think Gematria and numerology probably only share some superficial commonalities. I would think that if the names are similar except for one letter, they would have to share some similarities, but that's a total guess.

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:46 pm

"Why are our days numbered and not, say, lettered?" --Woody Allen

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:49 pm

Cheiro wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:

I don't know my life path number yet. You are definitely inspiring me to read Cheiro's Book of Numbers. I think I will start it after I finish When Elvis Died by Neal and Janice Gregory.

I'm not sure how that works in numerology. I think Gematria and numerology probably only share some superficial commonalities. I would think that if the names are similar except for one letter, they would have to share some similarities, but that's a total guess.

Thanks, Cheiro for the reply.

How to work out your Life Path Number:

1.Begin with your full birth date. Example: DECEMBER 19, 2007.
2.Reduce the month, day and year down to a single digit by adding them. MONTH: December is the 12th month. Add 1 + 2 = 3. ...
3.Now add the resulting single digits together to get the Life Path Number. Month=3 + Day=1 + Year=2. 3 + 1 + 2 = 6. The Life Path number is 6.

It will be interesting to see what Cheiro's Book of Numbers reveals.

Here is a link with regard to house numbers:

http://feliciabender.com/numerology/are ... your-home/

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Reducing numbers to a single digit is something that I learned about in Tarot, so I guess I am familiar with some of the components of numerology already.

If you reduce the digits of my month, day and year, add them together, and reduce the sum you get a 6.

But wouldn't 12/19/2007 be a 4? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

My apartment is a 2, and that seems right.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Cheiro wrote:Reducing numbers to a single digit is something that I learned about in Tarot, so I guess I am familiar with some of the components of numerology already.

If you reduce the digits of my month, day and year, add them together, and reduce the sum you get a 6.

But wouldn't 12/19/2007 be a 4? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

My apartment is a 2, and that seems right.

Yep, the place I copied and pasted it from - whomever used the above as an example made a mistake :D

Elvis wasn't interested in Tarot though was he?

John

Postby John » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Cheiro wrote:
elvislady wrote:Welcome to the forum cherio......nice to see you joining in.. :D

Thanks. It's just my stage name. I am known by other names as well. ;-)

Are you on the run?

Topic author
Cheiro

Postby Cheiro » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:33 pm

As far as I know, he was not interested in Tarot. He did read The Holy Kabbalah by A. E. Waite. This is the same Waite who commissioned the Rider-Waite Tarot.

Return to “Who Am I”