20 Questions - Thread No. 3 - Solved

Pit your wits against the quiz master

Colin B

Re: 20 Questions - Thread No. 3

Postby Colin B » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:11 am

John wrote:...As for Colin guessing toilet, I’m not sure how that meets the criteria.

I was thinking about the running joke about an outdoor toilet featuring in only one Elvis film [Follow That Dream].

People fitted inside it & it had some mechanical/electrical elements, without really being a 'room or building'.

Well done, goldbelt !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:51 am

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:...As for Colin guessing toilet, I’m not sure how that meets the criteria.

I was thinking about the running joke about an outdoor toilet featuring in only one Elvis film [Follow That Dream].

People fitted inside it & it had some mechanical/electrical elements, without really being a 'room or building'.

Good thinking there Colin. If you'd won, you'd have been flushed with success.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:15 pm

goldbelt wrote:So the motorcycle wall of death was the answer. Thanks John.

Good one to choose, certainly only in one of his films. Not sure the answer to the mechanical question was especially accurate. Ahem.

Anyway, since I already had a go starting a '20 questions' topic, and since SM also provided a very useful question in this topic regarding size of the item, would you like to do the next one SM, or not?

Congratz Goltbelt!
That’s very kind! Yes, I’m thinking of a - err - poll.
It’s really nice of you to let me have a go, I appreciate that very much, but it’s a well deserved win, Goltbelt. And you’re doing a great quiz job. So, please proceed.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

goldbelt

Postby goldbelt » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:57 pm

Suspicious Minds wrote:

Good one to choose, certainly only in one of his films. Not sure the answer to the mechanical question was especially accurate. Ahem.

Anyway, since I already had a go starting a '20 questions' topic, and since SM also provided a very useful question in this topic regarding size of the item, would you like to do the next one SM, or not?

Congratz Goltbelt!
It’s really nice of you to let me have a go, I appreciate that very much, but it’s a well deserved win, Goltbelt. And you’re doing a great quiz job. So, please proceed.

OK SM, of course if you prefer to concentrate on setting your polls that's no problem.

I shall add another 20 questions quiz then - will do so a little later.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:20 pm

goldbelt wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:

Congratz Goltbelt!

OK SM, of course if you prefer to concentrate on setting your polls that's no problem.

I shall add another 20 questions quiz then - will do so a little later.

Please do!

Oh, it’s not only the polls. My knowledge of Elvis is also far too eclectic to do a quiz like this. We would end up with you guys asking questions and me not knowing the answers (or googling for answers) :-D

But I do like to participate, it’s fun, and I might get lucky and guess right (probably by accident). In that case, I’ll give it a go.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Return to “The Trivia Quiz”