Trivia Quiz - No.441 - Solved

Pit your wits against the quiz master
User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 12297
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1819 times
Been thanked: 2444 times

Trivia Quiz - No.441 - Solved

Postby Colin B » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:55 am

Trivia Quiz - No.441

A break from the picture quizzes !

Elvis & Priscilla attend a party.

There is live music.

Elvis dances several times with Priscilla, including once to a song he has requested.

For full marks the following must be provided:

The date & location of the party.

Name of the caterer.

Names of the providers of the live music.

Name of the song that he requested be played.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B


Rickeap
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:57 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 251 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby Rickeap » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

1969 Bahamas
Band: The Witnesses
that's all i know

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 12297
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1819 times
Been thanked: 2444 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby Colin B » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Rickeap wrote:1969 Bahamas
Band: The Witnesses
that's all i know


No, it was earlier than that.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Steve
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:22 pm
Location: England
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby Steve » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:34 pm

I think it was a New Years Eve party about 1962, but I can't remember the exact details.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 12297
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1819 times
Been thanked: 2444 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby Colin B » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Steve wrote:I think it was a New Years Eve party about 1962, but I can't remember the exact details.


It was a New Year's Eve party, yes, but you're way out with the date !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 2996
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 1078 times
Been thanked: 1370 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby TonyS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Colin B wrote:Trivia Quiz - No.441

A break from the picture quizzes !

Elvis & Priscilla attend a party.

There is live music.

Elvis dances several times with Priscilla, including once to a song he has requested.

For full marks the following must be provided:

The date & location of the party.

Name of the caterer.

Names of the providers of the live music.

Name of the song that he requested be played.

1967 Thunderbird Lounge in Memphis,
The song was 'Summertime'
As for who provided the catering and music, I don't know from memory and would have to look it up.
Maybe someone else can and we can split the win? ;)
Nah...
Catering by Monte's with music by Flash and The Board Of Directors.
That'll be full marks then ?
:lol:
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 12297
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1819 times
Been thanked: 2444 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby Colin B » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:30 pm

TonyS wrote:1967 Thunderbird Lounge in Memphis,
The song was 'Summertime'
As for who provided the catering and music, I don't know from memory and would have to look it up.
Maybe someone else can and we can split the win? ;)
Nah...
Catering by Monte's with music by Flash and The Board Of Directors.
That'll be full marks then ?
:lol:


Yes !

It's all here in Ernst's entry for December, 1967:

31st December 1967 - Party - 001.jpg


Well done, TonyS !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 2996
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 1078 times
Been thanked: 1370 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby TonyS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Colin B wrote:
TonyS wrote:1967 Thunderbird Lounge in Memphis,
The song was 'Summertime'
As for who provided the catering and music, I don't know from memory and would have to look it up.
Maybe someone else can and we can split the win? ;)
Nah...
Catering by Monte's with music by Flash and The Board Of Directors.
That'll be full marks then ?
:lol:


Yes !

It's all here in Ernst's entry for December, 1967:

31st December 1967 - Party - 001.jpg

Well done, TonyS !

That's it !
I'm deducting points... I didn't get ALL the musicians!
Then again I didn't look it up.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.

User avatar

Topic author
Colin B
Posts: 12297
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 1819 times
Been thanked: 2444 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby Colin B » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Colin B wrote:Well done, TonyS !
TonyS wrote:That's it !
I'm deducting points... I didn't get ALL the musicians!
Then again I didn't look it up.


Oh, you earned full marks for naming his requested song as 'Summertime' !

Maybe he was familiar with the Gene Vincent version...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

TonyS
Posts: 2996
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 1078 times
Been thanked: 1370 times

Re: Trivia Quiz - No.441

Postby TonyS » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Colin B wrote:
Colin B wrote:Well done, TonyS !
TonyS wrote:That's it !
I'm deducting points... I didn't get ALL the musicians!
Then again I didn't look it up.


Oh, you earned full marks for naming his requested song as 'Summertime' !

Maybe he was familiar with the Gene Vincent version...

Or the original or even the Ricky Nelson version?
interestingly, to me at least, is the intro to the Ricky Nelson version that was plageised by Deep Purple for their tune Black Knight.
Another useless fact from my brain.
www.memphismansion.com
What a great place to visit, it really is.


Return to “The Trivia Quiz”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests