Blu Ray collectors what to avoid.

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
cadillac-elvis

Blu Ray collectors what to avoid.

Postby cadillac-elvis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:25 pm

I thought I would start a thread for Blu Ray collectors to help others save some money on Blu ray's that don't live up their hype.

I have been replacing all of my favorite movies on blu ray over the last year and for the most part it has been rewarding,
as the new blu ray's have blown the dvd's out of the water. I have been very please except for the following. .........

The Matrix....Can't watch it...they put the movie thru a green filter and ruined the whole thing.
so, I am keeping my DVD and selling the blu ray.

Entrapment-----I bought this rather quickly without realizing it's a barebones edition with no deleted scenes which were on the DVD release.

so, that was disappointing , though the movie looks great on blu ray.

The Parent trap-----( Hayley mills original) the dvd has 2 discs and loads of extra's while the blu ray has nothing but the movie.

I found out about this before I actually bought the movie.

Employee of the month----this is a weird one. The movie looks great on blu ray but not all the blu rays are the same.
All the boxes list a bunch of extra's with deleted scenes but not all the blu ray's have those deleted scenes.
I had to buy and return 3 of them before I was lucky enough to get one with the extra's on it.

*******************************************************************************************

If anyone else can add to this list of movie on blu ray's with "issues" that would be cool.

Matt Helm

Re: Blu Ray collectors what to avoid.

Postby Matt Helm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:02 pm

"RIO BRAVO"...i think the BRay version sucks, i prefer the old dvd. And very bad is "THE CANNONBALL RUN" Vol 1 and 2...but this two are better than the dvd versions, but a mess in quality anyway, Matt

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:I thought I would start a thread for Blu Ray collectors to help others save some money on Blu ray's that don't live up their hype.

I have been replacing all of my favorite movies on blu ray over the last year and for the most part it has been rewarding,
as the new blu ray's have blown the dvd's out of the water. I have been very please except for the following. .........

The Matrix....Can't watch it...they put the movie thru a green filter and ruined the whole thing.
so, I am keeping my DVD and selling the blu ray...
Matt Helm wrote:"RIO BRAVO"...i think the BRay version sucks, i prefer the old dvd. And very bad is "THE CANNONBALL RUN" Vol 1 and 2...but this two are better than the dvd versions, but a mess in quality anyway, Matt

This worrying !

I can understand the absence of 'extras' on the BluRays but as far as quality goes, surely they ought to be an improvement on the DVD versions ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Colin B wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:I thought I would start a thread for Blu Ray collectors to help others save some money on Blu ray's that don't live up their hype.

so, I am keeping my DVD and selling the blu ray...
Matt Helm wrote:"RIO BRAVO"...i think the BRay version sucks, i prefer the old dvd. And very bad is "THE CANNONBALL RUN" Vol 1 and 2...but this two are better than the dvd versions, but a mess in quality anyway, Matt

This worrying !

I can understand the absence of 'extras' on the BluRays but as far as quality goes, surely they ought to be an improvement on the DVD versions ?

Have you watched the 68 Comeback Blu Ray?

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 pm

John wrote:...Have you watched the 68 Comeback Blu Ray?

It hasn't arrived yet.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Colin B wrote:

It hasn't arrived yet.

It isn't worth it.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:19 am

Colin B wrote:It hasn't arrived yet.
John wrote:It isn't worth it.

That statement might be true, but it's come too late...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Off Topic”