John Lennon - Imagine Deluxe Edition

Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Mountain Mist

Re: John Lennon - Imagine Deluxe Edition

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Pacer wrote:Not"if" he did hit women, he admitted it in an interview.
And he was cruel to people sometimes just for fun.
Yeah, that Lennon, someone to look up to.
Because he did wear those intellectual glasses.

Nasty.

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:42 pm

The Beatles were not perfect either, but have the sixties culture media behind them. John Lennon is treated as a hero simply because he was murdered by a crazed fan, Beatles fans are mostly ill informed on Elvis and actually believe Elvis went to Nixon to have Lennon deported in December, 1970.

As for me, I do not have a problem with John Lennon's music. I do not think Lennon went around believing that he was flawless. The Beatles were simply a rock band that were hyped up to be more important than they actually were. I mean, The Beatles are still great, but they were not the only artists that helped change music culture. It's blown up to try and sell it to new generations. Elvis gets put down because some Beatles fans view him as a threat to their liberal ideals. Elvis was never political, yet some want to imagine that he was.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Pacer wrote:I used to like the Beatles, without besides one CD,ever buying their records.
But since someone on the other forum (also the nowadays press in general) shoved them, and especially Lennon,down my throat as musically and as a person superior to anyone including Elvis...i get a bad feeling in my stomach every time the Beatles or Lennon get raved about (and every time they get mentioned they rave about them, although they cut Crap too)
Since these days everything he or them sang is praised as a godgiven present.
Pfffff....

And yes,lennon singing "imagine no possession, I wonder if you can..."from his Dakota home where he owned/bought 5 apartments .....what a hypocrite.

Someone buying a 5 apartment home in the Dakota and writing a song with the lyric "imagine no possessions" is not what you call a "hypocrite" - that's silly to say that.

John was writing a song about world peace and Imagining everyone living together in harmony and no wars etc. The sentiment is a nice thought, but the reality is it would never be. It was just his attempt to express what he thinks/thought of the world.

Besides, everyone needs a place to live in, don't they.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
Pacer wrote:Elvis is getting smashed for his pills and labeled as a "drug adicct" mostly and overlooking his artistic contribution and Lennon and the Beatles get a free pass for LSD (yeah, cool and groovy in the 60s) and John Lennon being on heroin in the 70s until the end of his life...but no one in the press mentioning that.
Give me a break.

And "mean Mr. Mustard" is "funny"and when Elvis sings "ito eats" he gets a put down.
Some double standard going on there.

Fuck those fake elicist opinions which are based on beein ' hypocrite.

:D ;) *-)

LOL

Plus Lennon hit women (if true). Love to be made to think :D Thank you.

I must have picked up on the condescending vibes, when the Beatles were interviewed, of which I watched in the last ten years, I was disgusted with the attitude towards Elvis, along with the "hidden" jibes.

LOL

Thinking of the baby's first word in that movie. ;) LOL

What condescending vibes did you pick up regarding their attitude towards Elvis?

Not once have i heard either of the four Beatles say a bad word about Elvis, they may have given their opinion about his music in the 60s and 70s, but they have never really slagged him off as such. In fact, musically (50s)they were great admires of him.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Pacer wrote:Elvis is getting smashed for his pills and labeled as a "drug adicct" mostly and overlooking his artistic contribution and Lennon and the Beatles get a free pass for LSD (yeah, cool and groovy in the 60s) and John Lennon being on heroin in the 70s until the end of his life...but no one in the press mentioning that.
Give me a break.

And "mean Mr. Mustard" is "funny"and when Elvis sings "ito eats" he gets a put down.

LOL

I must have picked up on the condescending vibes, when the Beatles were interviewed, of which I watched in the last ten years, I was disgusted with the attitude towards Elvis, along with the "hidden" jibes.

LOL

What condescending vibes did you pick up regarding their attitude towards Elvis?

Not once have i heard either of the four Beatles say a bad word about Elvis, they may have given their opinion about his music in the 60s and 70s, but they have never really slagged him off as such. In fact, musically (50s)they were great admires of him.

Both John Lennon and George Harrison are on record criticizing Elvis in terms of doing less rock, or music that they would have preferred to hear him do. However, in the case of Harrison not liking Elvis at Madison Square Garden, Elvis had done all the rock n roll stuff on previous live albums. By 1972, Elvis was doing more ballads in his Las Vegas act. The songs being recorded were supposed to be songs not yet put on record. The Beatles could change, but Elvis had to stay the same?

Anyway, Elvis could have criticized Lennon's nude album cover, Yoko Ono's cat screaming voice or George Harrison's Indian music.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Talking of Yoko.

A warning, do not listen if you need a nice sleep or a good day, lol

This was on the news, lol lol

Ohhh and get your finger ready to turn it off quickly, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xZnzxovFqw

You can also BUY IT! LOL lol

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:03 pm

Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Give me a break.

LOL

LOL

Both John Lennon and George Harrison are on record criticizing Elvis in terms of doing less rock, or music that they would have preferred to hear him do. However, in the case of Harrison not liking Elvis at Madison Square Garden, Elvis had done all the rock n roll stuff on previous live albums. By 1972, Elvis was doing more ballads in his Las Vegas act. The songs being recorded were supposed to be songs not yet put on record. The Beatles could change, but Elvis had to stay the same?

Anyway, Elvis could have criticized Lennon's nude album cover, Yoko Ono's cat screaming voice or George Harrison's Indian music.

That's just their opinion about Elvis' music and I'm sure that's other musicians opinion too. Very few musicians were impressed with what Elvis was doing in the 60s and 70s, but then neither were some of the fans, me included. Elvis recorded a lot of shit during those decades, more so than the other Beatles - whether as a group or solo artist.

But slagging the two off is a pointless exercise, especially when someone is trying to score points from one to the other. And then bringing Yoko Ono's singing into the conversation (terrible I know) but it's a silly comparison and bares nothing to what Elvis was doing.

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Give me a break.

LOL

LOL

That's just their opinion about Elvis' music and I'm sure that's other musicians opinion too. Very few musicians were impressed with what Elvis was doing in the 60s and 70s, but then neither were some of the fans, me included. Elvis recorded a lot of shit during those decades, more so than the other Beatles - whether as a group or solo artist.

But slagging the two off is a pointless exercise, especially when someone is trying to score points from one to the other. And then bringing Yoko Ono's singing into the conversation (terrible I know) but it's a silly comparison and bares nothing to what Elvis was doing.

I wonder what kind of criticism Elvis would of had if he let his untalented wife sing or play on all his albums?

Both Yoko Ono and Linda McCartney had no business appearing on their husband's solo albums, but they were there anyway. It is a fair judgement. It needs a balance since many Beatles fans believe that their band buried Elvis after 1963. This garbage gets repeated over and over through out the decades, many actually believe it.

I think it's a relevant rebuttal to all the nonsense the sixties media culture has thrown out there on Elvis through the years.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Give me a break.

LOL

LOL

Everyone goes off topic, it is a conversation, and if you are going to correct people, choose other people, too, instead of me, continuously, subtley, following me around.

Go pick on someone who enjoys it, I do not, I am asking you again, to please leave me alone. I do not care if it is a public forum, I do not want to interact with you any further. Thank you.

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:50 pm

It's so easy to show negativity towards Yoko.

I have always thought it was a brave move from John to marry a woman who was seven years his senior and did not exactly fit Western culture standards.

He could have married any 20 year old blondie, like any average rock star, and he would probably have been blessed by everybody.

Oh well.

John Yoko.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:41 pm

To add to the above, Mister Moon, perhaps John and Yoko found it, for them, sexy, to be well matched.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:52 pm

Mister Moon wrote:It's so easy to show negativity towards Yoko.

I have always thought it was a brave move from John to marry a woman who was seven years his senior and did not exactly fit Western culture standards.

He could have married any 20 year old blondie, like any average rock star, and he would probably have been blessed by everybody.

Oh well.

He said at the time that she was like another version of himself, but with boobs...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Bob TCB
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Bob TCB » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:26 am

Oh well.

John Yoko.jpg

Lennon was married to a young blonde, who he cheated on with home wrecking Yoko Ono. Lennon then abandoned his fist son, Julian, but had no problem being a house husband to his son with Yoko, Sean. John Lennon was a selfish rock star that beat women, did heavy illegal drugs and was certainly not a peace loving man. It was all an act. He seemed to be blinded by Yoko's power over him. I think they were both cowardly, not brave. She used her influence over him well. Lennon was obviously attracted to the older woman mommy figure and needed Yoko to wear the pants in the relationship because he had a mental problem about his own mother abandoning him in his youth. Many believe Yoko broke up The Beatles. She was with Lennon 24/7 until 1980 when he was gunned down in front of his apartment building in New York City. The only time they were ever separated, Yoko allowed Lennon to cheat on her with a younger Japanese woman in 1974, but Lennon went back with Yoko afterwards. Those two were strange and did things differently than most couples of that era. I think Paul McCartney saw Linda Eastman as his own Yoko.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Bob TCB wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
Give me a break.

LOL

LOL

Everyone goes off topic, it is a conversation, and if you are going to correct people, choose other people, too, instead of me, continuously, subtley, following me around.

Go pick on someone who enjoys it, I do not, I am asking you again, to please leave me alone. I do not care if it is a public forum, I do not want to interact with you any further. Thank you.

I'am not following you around or even picking on you. You state your comments/opinions on a public message board and you have to expect other members to interact, or if they don't it'll be a waste of time, wouldn't it? That's what makes conversations interesting. If you don't like other people's opinion(s) that don't agree with yours then you are wasting your time being here.

I shall not ignore anyone on this board. If I see a comment that I feel I want to respond to, i will do so regardless. In this case, I feel you are wrong about the subject.
Last edited by Mojo Filter on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:07 am

Oh well.

John Yoko.jpg

Indeed. Relationships is not all about having a gorgeous looking blonde Hollywood kind of girl. There is more to a relationship than looks. John and Yoko were together a long time and that says a lot that the two were well suited together or they must've seen something in each other.
Last edited by Mojo Filter on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic”