Re: The "talk about whatever you want" thread

Postby John » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:59 am

mike edwards wrote:
John wrote:
mike edwards wrote:
John wrote:
mike edwards wrote:
John wrote:
mike edwards wrote:He's about as funny as a fart in a spacesuit.

Depends on who’s in the spacesuit I guess.

Do you know, it would have been more difficult to fake the moon landing than to go to the moon.

I never knew that. How do you know it?

Coz I am clever. The technology needed was not in place, computer graphics were in their infancy. The only source of light was the sun, casting parallel shadows with no diffusion, to recreate this on earth would take millions of super bright lights. But the biggest hurdle would be Russia, bang at the peak of the Space Race, Russia would have known, and would have taken great joy in exposing any fakery.

So all these people who say it was done in a studio, and that the shadows go in different directions, and all that other crap, why can't they get their heads around this?

Conspiracy theories make idiots feel intelligent.

In general, lack of intelligence makes people feel intelligent. My ex son in law is so stupid, he doesn't know he's stupid.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:32 pm

What's up with cyclists these days? You see so many riding along main roads with their front wheel up in the air. Even more stupid, like the one I've just seen, he was riding along the main road in the dark, had no lights, had bloody great headphones on and was staring at his phone. He was a split second away from death.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 pm

We have big problems here, too. As I own a horse float, I drive a four wheel drive to tow the float, I feel like running the bike riders over who do this type of thing, honestly.

This happened last week to someone at the Gold Coast (the police are looking for the idiot):

She was riding out in a hinterland area, which normally has little traffic, the bike riders were not expected. What made it worse, is that the bike rider who went along the inside, scraped along the woman's leg and the horse as well, which made the horse react moreso (of course).

https://www.facebook.com/jennimortimer/videos/10160461100750635/

The horse also reared.

We have a man who drives a Mercedes who speeds along our dead end street, I have ended up on steep embankments with the horse jumping in the air, freaking out.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:44 am

Mountain Mist wrote:We have big problems here, too. As I own a horse float, I drive a four wheel drive to tow the float, I feel like running the bike riders over who do this type of thing, honestly.

This happened last week to someone at the Gold Coast (the police are looking for the idiot):

She was riding out in a hinterland area, which normally has little traffic, the bike riders were not expected. What made it worse, is that the bike rider who went along the inside, scraped along the woman's leg and the horse as well, which made the horse react moreso (of course).

The horse also reared.

Some people are idiots. That's all you can say about them.

Norman
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Norman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Fellow on a cycle this evening, too lazy to slow down and lift his wheels when encountering the cul-de-sac pavement. What does he do instead? Speeds along on extremely narrow pavement that I’m on, and then slams on his breaks, only avoiding me because my reflexes are good. If it was someone without the same reflexes, or simply someone more frail, I dread to think what could have happened.

They are as frustrating as people who gaze at their phones, oblivious to their meandering walk as people try to pass them. Or those people who throw litter from car windows, or onto train floors (even though the bin on the train is just yards away). Taking the rubbish away with them just doesn’t seem logical to them.

I really think our society has accelerated down the narcissism path.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Norman wrote:Fellow on a cycle this evening, too lazy to slow down and lift his wheels when encountering the cul-de-sac pavement. What does he do instead? Speeds along on extremely narrow pavement that I’m on, and then slams on his breaks, only avoiding me because my reflexes are good. If it was someone without the same reflexes, or simply someone more frail, I dread to think what could have happened.

They are as frustrating as people who gaze at their phones, oblivious to their meandering walk as people try to pass them. Or those people who throw litter from car windows, or onto train floors (even though the bin on the train is just yards away). Taking the rubbish away with them just doesn’t seem logical to them.

You're so right. It's getting worse.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Off Topic

I agree with you Norman, It's not just the younger generation.
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:59 pm

The neighbours have got the patio doors open and are screaming at the top of their voices at the football. 5 of them in there, even the smallest kid who doesn't have a clue about anything, screams with them. I don't understand why they have to scream as if they're being murdered.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:45 pm

John wrote:The neighbours have got the patio doors open and are screaming at the top of their voices at the football. 5 of them in there, even the smallest kid who doesn't have a clue about anything, screams with them. I don't understand why they have to scream as if they're being murdered.

Are you a football fan john? I do get very excited and shout when my team score...not to to excess of screaming.. :D
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:49 pm

If you live near the seaside you will know what its like having seagulls noise all the time, just lately its been earlier hours of morning constant...I feel like choking the bleeding things.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 pm

elvislady wrote:
John wrote:The neighbours have got the patio doors open and are screaming at the top of their voices at the football. 5 of them in there, even the smallest kid who doesn't have a clue about anything, screams with them. I don't understand why they have to scream as if they're being murdered.

Are you a football fan john?

No. I don't think it'll ever take off. Are you saying it's a popular game then?

I prefer one to one sports, such as tennis and snooker. You do it on your own merit.

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 pm

the World Cup is a religion to some folks i guess. So no team sport at all :?:

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 pm

John wrote:
elvislady wrote:

I prefer one to one sports, such as tennis and snooker. You do it on your own merit.

Your funny! :lol:

I do happen to like snooker, And tennis also.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
John

Postby John » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:23 pm

elvislady wrote:
John wrote:
elvislady wrote:

My funny what?

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 am

John wrote:
elvislady wrote:
John wrote:
elvislady wrote:

My funny what?

You saying, I assume, You don't think football will take off.?
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Return to “Off Topic”