Share your non-Elvis stuff here

Topic author
ElvisMickeyMouse
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Flying Yorkie! (Watch Video)

Postby ElvisMickeyMouse » Thu May 10, 2018 4:59 am

Hey Elvis Friends,

Here is the real Star of our family, "Laci Lu!" She is 13 weeks old and weighs in at three pounds!

Watch her fly...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aI2kuZ9jIEA

:ugeek:
Best,
EMM
Last edited by ElvisMickeyMouse on Fri May 11, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elvislady

Re: Flying Yorkie! (Watch Video)

Postby elvislady » Thu May 10, 2018 7:04 pm

so cute, I had a staffy who could do that, She passed away last summer and I have not got another dog probably never will, They are a great company I miss her loads. Where did you get her name from?
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Topic author
ElvisMickeyMouse
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby ElvisMickeyMouse » Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 am

Hello Elvis Lady, nice to meet you! Why don't more women comment on this site?

My dad wanted my niece to be named Laci simply because he though she looked like a laci (His words). When that didn't happen, 24 years later he and my mom thought now would be a good time to name a female "Laci". (I think that's the story :) As far as the "Lu" I don't know...I guess I'm afraid to ask! :)

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 am

ElvisMickeyMouse wrote:...Why don't more women comment on this site?...

Truth is, we don't have that many lady members !

The handful we have do their best to present things from the female perspective...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 am

ElvisMickeyMouse wrote:Hello Elvis Lady, nice to meet you! Why don't more women comment on this site?

My dad wanted my niece to be named Laci simply because he though she looked like a laci (His words). When that didn't happen, 24 years later he and my mom thought now would be a good time to name a female "Laci". (I think that's the story :) As far as the "Lu" I don't know...I guess I'm afraid to ask! :)

I am not sure, EMM, their is only myself, Mountain Mist, and Pink&Black who have the staying power here. :D

Be my guest to invite more.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mountain Mist

IT WOULD BE NICE IF PEOPLE WHO HAVE LEFT RETURN ....

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:23 am

elvislady wrote:
ElvisMickeyMouse wrote:Hello Elvis Lady, nice to meet you! Why don't more women comment on this site?

I am not sure, EMM, their is only myself, Mountain Mist, and Pink&Black who have the staying power here. :D

I just read this, good point!

We should have a roll call for everyone who has left, men and women :)

Well, women do join, then leave, although they are asked to return (and I wish the men and women who have left would return).

What happens, is that it takes an existing member to disagree with a new member's opinion, or sense of humour, the new member then leaves as they have come from the combatitive FECC or the silly Facebook sites; sadly, perhaps, they think we may be worse (which we are not, we are the opposite in my view).

We all originate from different countries and cultures, and perhaps some of us, may not necessarily realise that the new member is expressing his or her opinion, sense of humour, or the like, and they bite at them, simply for having an opinion (which of course is wrong).

Some people hold grudges and will take the opportunity to have a go at someone when they try to return to Phoenix (which happened recently and I was disgusted) and other times, people join in to attack like wolves (which happened again recently); however, people should ride the storm, along with being resilient, as it stops.

Most of us, especially women, have been given a hard time to some degree at some stage - we are sensitive - it comes with the territory.

Thank you, John, by the way, I think we all realise that you try to be as diplomatic as possible, thank you for the site. :D

So, as the site is mixed with men and women, perhaps there should be some TLC as we hold our tongues with new members ;)

However, it is always fun to stir Colin up with regard to religion, as he bites ;) :D :D :D

LOL

Colin B

Re: IT WOULD BE NICE IF PEOPLE WHO HAVE LEFT RETURN ....

Postby Colin B » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:...However, it is always fun to stir Colin up with regard to religion, as he bites ;) :D :D :D

LOL

Of course I bite !

We've had that religious guff thrown at us in church, at school & in the media for so many years, by people who told us it was true & there was no alternative; it's just so pleasurable to have the opportunity to fight back with the truth these days !

The internet & knowledge generally, have freed us from the prejudice, myths, bias, ignorance & superstition that were inherent in religion & the gullibility that was needed to swallow it lock-stock-and-barrel & acquire 'faith'.
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:05 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:

Well, women do join, then leave, although they are asked to return (and I wish the men and women who have left would return).

What happens, is that it takes an existing member to disagree with a new member's opinion, or sense of humour, the new member then leaves as they have come from the combatitive FECC or the silly Facebook sites; sadly, perhaps, they think we may be worse (which we are not, we are the opposite in my view).

We all originate from different countries and cultures, and perhaps some of us, may not necessarily realise that the new member is expressing his or her opinion, sense of humour, or the like, and they bite at them, simply for having an opinion (which of course is wrong).

Some people hold grudges and will take the opportunity to have a go at someone when they try to return to Phoenix (which happened recently and I was disgusted) and other times, people join in to attack like wolves (which happened again recently); however, people should ride the storm, along with being resilient, as it stops.

Most of us, especially women, have been given a hard time to some degree at some stage - we are sensitive - it comes with the territory.

Thank you, John, by the way, I think we all realise that you try to be as diplomatic as possible, thank you for the site. :D

So, as the site is mixed with men and women, perhaps there should be some TLC as we hold our tongues with new members ;)

However, it is always fun to stir Colin up with regard to religion, as he bites ;) :D :D :D

LOL

My opinion on this is, You have the opportunity to join the forum, You can see before you join what the forum is like, to be fair most people here are very diplomatic...I can take criticism, Yes the forum is mostly men I was a member of Monkey forum for a few years which I enjoyed, I feel we all know how one another works and what to expect from the members here I have been a part of the forum since day one...I personally don't hold any grudges, I think we just have a good old debate and get on the next topic. Since being on this forum I have become less sensitive which has helped me a lot.

Yes, We are from different cultures and countries but we are all human, Some better at expressing their personality more than others...The main thing about it is, I am learning something new about Elvis. I am a member on FECC I don't get involved in anything that does not involve me over there.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:08 pm

elvislady wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:

LOL

My opinion on this is, You have the opportunity to join the forum, You can see before you join what the forum is like, to be fair most people here are very diplomatic...I can take criticism, Yes the forum is mostly men I was a member of Monkey forum for a few years which I enjoyed, I feel we all know how one another works and what to expect from the members here I have been a part of the forum since day one...I personally don't hold any grudges, I think we just have a good old debate and get on the next topic. Since being on this forum I have become less sensitive which has helped me a lot.

Yes, We are from different cultures and countries but we are all human, Some better at expressing their personality more than others...The main thing about it is, I am learning something new about Elvis. I am a member on FECC I don't get involved in anything that does not involve me over there.

There was a time when you could not take criticism, lol ;) Remember the emails to me?

I like the video below, a lot:

https://www.facebook.com/watchchadprather/videos/1914521845249396/

I think we should always care for others, strangers or loved ones, does not matter.

I agree, holding grudges is not necessary.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Colin B wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:...However, it is always fun to stir Colin up with regard to religion, as he bites ;) :D :D :D

LOL

Of course I bite !

We've had that religious guff thrown at us in church, at school & in the media for so many years, by people who told us it was true & there was no alternative; it's just so pleasurable to have the opportunity to fight back with the truth these days !

The internet & knowledge generally, have freed us from the prejudice, myths, bias, ignorance & superstition that were inherent in religion & the gullibility that was needed to swallow it lock-stock-and-barrel & acquire 'faith'.

You still bite ;) lol

LOL LOL LOL

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple".

Oscar Wilde.

;)

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:You still bite ;) lol

LOL LOL LOL

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple".

Oscar Wilde.

;)

I guess that's true, & it's not to be found in any religious beliefs...
Colin B

"Why ?" - Colin B

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:

I don't know where your going with these posts, I never emailed you, I PM you just like you have PM me many times about your problems you have had here on the forum, Not that it as anything to do with other members here, Why you have shared that info God Knows...I already stated in my post a while back which involved other members here that I have PM you. I have learnt my lesson on that one, I have nothing to hide.

LOL

There was a time when you could not take criticism, lol ;) Remember the emails to me?

I like the video below, a lot:

https://www.facebook.com/watchchadprather/videos/1914521845249396/

I think we should always care for others, strangers or loved ones, does not matter.

I agree, holding grudges is not necessary.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:08 pm

I don't know where your going with these posts, I never emailed you, I PM you just like you have PM me many times about your problems you have had here on the forum, Not that it has anything to do with other members here, Why you have shared that info God Knows...I already stated in my post a while back which involved other members here that I have PM you. I have learnt my lesson on that one, I have nothing to hide.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 pm

elvislady wrote:I don't know where your going with these posts, I never emailed you, I PM you just like you have PM me many times about your problems you have had here on the forum, Not that it has anything to do with other members here, Why you have shared that info God Knows...I already stated in my post a while back which involved other members here that I have PM you. I have learnt my lesson on that one, I have nothing to hide.

I beg your pardon, the PM's come through email, the description is neither here nor there, and you know that, yes, you PM'd me, and did not email me and you are deflecting and protesting too much, which I have let go before.

We do not need to raise old subjects, I agree, and I could not care less.

My point is, only referring to your post above and nothing else, is that you were upset with other people here, you PM'd me many times, and Facebooked me, as well as TCB-FAN, I do not delete any PM's.

I am talking about compassion and assistance for new people, answering the above original post, not referring to anything about you.
Nothing more.

elvislady

Postby elvislady » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
elvislady wrote:I don't know where your going with these posts, I never emailed you, I PM you just like you have PM me many times about your problems you have had here on the forum, Not that it has anything to do with other members here, Why you have shared that info God Knows...I already stated in my post a while back which involved other members here that I have PM you. I have learnt my lesson on that one, I have nothing to hide.

I beg your pardon, the PM's come through email, the description is neither here nor there, and you know that, yes, you PM'd me, and did not email me and you are deflecting and protesting too much, which I have let go before.

We do not need to raise old subjects, I agree, and I could not care less.

My point is, only referring to your post above and nothing else, is that you were upset with other people here, you PM'd me many times, and Facebooked me, as well as TCB-FAN, I do not delete any PM's.

I am talking about compassion and assistance for new people, answering the above original post, not referring to anything about you.
Nothing more.

Prostesting????

I have all my PMs too, That you sent to me, I don't know what you are trying to do here, Or do I care, I have to much going on in my life for playground squabbles. Enjoy your evening.
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Return to “Off Topic”