07. Wild In The Country

Posters, Lobby Cards, Trailers, Scripts and more
User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 13422
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 2100 times
Been thanked: 2794 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Colin B » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm

colonel snow wrote:In the original ending the movie character Irene committed suicide with success. As result of the preview (dated 27 january 1961) the ending of the movie was re-shoot early february 1961 where she survives the suicide.


Wouldn't it be good to have the original ending included as an 'extra' on a video release ?

Most video releases of cinema films have 'deleted scenes' included, except Elvis ones, of course !

We're lucky to get the film trailer...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

colonel snow
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:04 am
Location: antartica
Has thanked: 155 times
Been thanked: 792 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby colonel snow » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Colin B wrote:
colonel snow wrote:In the original ending the movie character Irene committed suicide with success. As result of the preview (dated 27 january 1961) the ending of the movie was re-shoot early february 1961 where she survives the suicide.


Wouldn't it be good to have the original ending included as an 'extra' on a video release ?

Most video releases of cinema films have 'deleted scenes' included, except Elvis ones, of course !

We're lucky to get the film trailer...


I wouldn't be surprised if deleted scenes were destroyed in order of Colonel Parker.


colonel snow

User avatar

Private Presley
Posts: 3727
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:01 pm
Has thanked: 312 times
Been thanked: 743 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Private Presley » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:21 am

ImageImage

User avatar

John
Posts: 10230
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 1443 times
Been thanked: 2363 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 am

Private Presley wrote:Radio Spot 60 second version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUoHPkGUnI

Radio Spot 30 second version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzpHAKzTvSc

Elvis Prezzley instead of Pressley. Did anyone ever pronounce it properly?

User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 13422
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 2100 times
Been thanked: 2794 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 am

John wrote:Elvis Prezzley instead of Pressley.
Did anyone ever pronounce it properly?


I once had a boss who insisted on pronouncing it 'Priestley' !

It's difficult to say that with a 'zz' !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:25 am

John wrote:
Private Presley wrote:Radio Spot 60 second version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUoHPkGUnI

Radio Spot 30 second version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzpHAKzTvSc

Elvis Prezzley instead of Pressley. Did anyone ever pronounce it properly?



Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."

User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 13422
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 2100 times
Been thanked: 2794 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 am

Mountain Mist wrote:Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.


When I met up with John I didn't notice any accent, except English !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

John
Posts: 10230
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 1443 times
Been thanked: 2363 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.

Now it would be weird if it was South African. I've never been there. My accent is a posh English.

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 am

John wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.

Now it would be weird if it was South African. I've never been there. My accent is a posh English.



Didn't you live in Africa? LOL
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am

Colin B wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.


When I met up with John I didn't notice any accent, except English !



Ha! lol

I can copy that accent, lol LOL

;)
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."

User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 13422
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 2100 times
Been thanked: 2794 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am

Mountain Mist wrote:Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.
Colin B wrote:When I met up with John I didn't notice any accent, except English !
Mountain Mist wrote:Ha! lol

I can copy that accent, lol LOL

;)


"I say, old chap, tickety-boo, what ?"
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:54 am

Colin B wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.
Colin B wrote:When I met up with John I didn't notice any accent, except English !
Mountain Mist wrote:Ha! lol

I can copy that accent, lol LOL

;)


"I say, old chap, tickety-boo, what ?"



Ha! lol

:D :D :D

Struth! lol

:D

Here, below, I tried to imitate, lol :D
Recording (3).m4a
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."

User avatar

Colin B
Posts: 13422
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:35 pm
Location: Gravesend - UK
Has thanked: 2100 times
Been thanked: 2794 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Colin B » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:28 am

Mountain Mist wrote:...Here, below, I tried to imitate, lol :D
Recording (3).m4a


How does that sound ?

American !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

User avatar

John
Posts: 10230
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:36 pm
Has thanked: 1443 times
Been thanked: 2363 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.

Now it would be weird if it was South African. I've never been there. My accent is a posh English.



Didn't you live in Africa? LOL

EAST Africa. About 3,000 miles away from South Africa.

User avatar

Mountain Mist
Posts: 11238
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Has thanked: 8333 times
Been thanked: 7059 times

Re: 07. Wild In The Country

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 pm

John wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
John wrote:
Is your accent South African or English, John?

One of my bestie girlfriends is from South Africa.

Now it would be weird if it was South African. I've never been there. My accent is a posh English.



Didn't you live in Africa? LOL

EAST Africa. About 3,000 miles away from South Africa.



My neighbours, where I used to live, hailed from Malawi, they were originally from Scotland, the most down to earth, lovely people, Bronte and Cate are athletes here in Australia, now.
"Hi Jim, it's Jamie at the police impound, they picked up your car again, lately they've been driving it more than you have."


Return to “Movie Memorabilia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest