Change of Habit

All the Elvis you can take

John

Re: Change of Habit

Postby John » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 am

Suspicious Minds wrote:
John wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
If subsections are too much work / a technical problem etc you can start with 32 movies and see what every one uploads in the movie chapter. At any case all about a movie is on one place on this forum.

I'm thinking about it. What are the downsides, if any? Is it going to be messy? I can't see there'll be any technical problems. We've already got topics under The King On Screen. Some of those would have to be moved and I haven't got time to do that.

I was also thinking of having another section too, which I don't want to reveal yet, as I'm not clear about the benefits or if it would be of interest.

I just noticed the 'new' Movie Memorabilia section. Thank you, John, for your time and dedication.

You’re welcome. Let’s see how it goes.

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:50 am

I'll have to remember or work out how to post photos, I've got one of the few complete collections of Elvis Australian daybils, plus a lot of other stuff

John

Postby John » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Rickeap wrote:I'll have to remember or work out how to post photos, I've got one of the few complete collections of Elvis Australian daybils, plus a lot of other stuff

Rick, it's very easy. It's pretty much drag and drop. My dinner's ready but I'll come back and show you later if no one else has.

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:06 pm

thanks John. i've lost my photobucket account since it went to a paid service but i have a lot of images stored on my computer

John

Postby John » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:09 am

Pic01.JPG
Pic02.JPG
Pic03.JPG
Pic04.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 am

ok, got it working!

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm

deleted by request

colonel snow
Last edited by colonel snow on Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John

Postby John » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:55 pm

colonel snow wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:
John wrote:
colonel snow wrote:
If subsections are too much work / a technical problem etc you can start with 32 movies and see what every one uploads in the movie chapter. At any case all about a movie is on one place on this forum.

I'm thinking about it. What are the downsides, if any? Is it going to be messy? I can't see there'll be any technical problems. We've already got topics under The King On Screen. Some of those would have to be moved and I haven't got time to do that.

I was also thinking of having another section too, which I don't want to reveal yet, as I'm not clear about the benefits or if it would be of interest.

I just noticed the 'new' Movie Memorabilia section. Thank you, John, for your time and dedication.

That's what we suggest to create. Thanks Colin and John.

colonel snow

Don't give him credit colonel snow, he'll only want to be rewarded.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:49 pm

colonel snow wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:
John wrote:
colonel snow wrote:

That's what we suggest to create. Thanks Colin and John.

colonel snow

I know.

Of course, special thanks to Colin too.
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

CharlieScarf
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby CharlieScarf » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:08 pm

I have always admired this movie. In the UK this has a PG rating (parental guidance) however I think the rage reduction and the rape scene could quite easily scare a child. This needs a 12 rating. It would alsi people take it more seriously. Unfortunately the packaging goes on about Elvis singing and makes it look like a fluffy.musical
"We'll bring in The Supremes tomorrow night... Mahalia Jackson singing Lead..."

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:32 am

Pink&Black wrote:Saturday I bought the FTD Change of Habit book. It's beautiful! Spent the weekend drooling over the pictures :) I had last watched the movie many moons ago, but the book really made me want to watch the movie. So on Sunday (it was autumn in Holland) I watched it and I really enjoyed it. Elvis looks so cool and relaxed. In some of his movies from the mid sixties he moves as if he's lost all sense of rhythm and you can actually see he's embarrassed. But in Change of Habit he seems to be at ease, probably because he knew he was out of the movie contracts. Anyway I hugely enjoyed this movie and even though it might be a bit naive, it does address topical issues. Another thing that struck my mind was that in many Elvis movies the songs often seem out of place or far fetched, like Elvis said: "I got tired of singing to turtles and guys I'd just beat up". Now Change of Habit is a movie in which more songs wouldn't have looked out of place. Especially when you consider that Barbara McNair was a singer in her own right. I had a hard time watching the rage reduction scene the first time ( not helped by the fact that I watched it on German television) but after reading the book I have a new found admiration for the scene which had been extremely difficult to film. Also it must have been one of the first mentions of autism in popular culture, even though of course now we know a lot more about it.

THANK YOU Pink&Black...a wonderful and intelligent view...but let's talk about your sentence "In some of his movies from the mid sixties he moves as if he's lost all sense of rhythm and you can actually see he's embarrassed. But in Change of Habit he seems to be at ease, probably because he knew he was out of the movie contracts". My opinion is, before COH...most of the ELVIS PRESLEY Movies are "Image movies". From G.I. BLUES to SPEEDWAY (exception FLAMING STAR, WILD IN THE COUNTRY, FOLLOW THAT DREAM) are ELVIS IMAGE MOVIES, i mean ELVIS was always ELVIS ...AND not the character he was playing in the movies (Cowboy, Racedriver, Navydiver ...) i think he IS THE ONLY ONE (and of course with Parkers input) to keep this "ELVIS image on celluiod" for so long. Hooray for Hollywood and the Colonel, btw i like all of his movies, yes sir. Matt

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:48 pm

....sorry, but i like the Hollywood ELVIS Movies, every one of them, YES! Matt

Rickeap

Postby Rickeap » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:43 am

I don't think i could ever say horray for Hollywood and the Colonel when it comes to Elvis' film career

Return to “Everything Elvis”