"Elvis refuses $1 million offer" - 1974

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Mister Moon

"Elvis refuses $1 million offer" - 1974

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 pm

740405.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cadillac-elvis

Re: "Elvis refuses $1 million offer" - 1974

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:05 am

Well, he kinda did need money the way he spent it.
And another bonehead move by the colonel to pass on these kinds of offers because
he was an illegal alien.

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:08 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:Well, he kinda did need money the way he spent it.
And another bonehead move by the colonel to pass on these kinds of offers because
he was an illegal alien.

I agree with you 101%.
ImageImage

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:21 am

he was an illegal alien.

I am only repeating what I have read.

Billy The Spa Guy said that while in Germany, that he researched and will prove that the Colonel was not as he was portrayed.

Still waiting to hear the research....

Interesting times ahead.

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:13 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
he was an illegal alien.

Billy The Spa Guy said that while in Germany, that he researched and will prove that the Colonel was not as he was portrayed.

Interesting times ahead.

Well, I think there is something to that as well. On business deals.....I think alot of the time the colonel was the fall guy.

He would ask Elvis do you want to do that, and if Elvis said no.....then the colonel said no. I think that's the story with "A Star is born".

but you don't get a reputation of being the type of person he was in Hollywood with some truth to it.
there are outrageous stories of the colonel from nearly everyone around him.

but the colonel was accused of overreaching, and the estate had to actually sue him after Elvis died.
he was taking way too much money. Elvis had alot of expenses and had to pay a band, bodyguards, singers, wardrobe, and tons of other expenses that go with being a star.

How many employees did the colonel have? a handfull.
And he gambled at the very hotel he had dealings with. Not very good judgement.
I could go on....but I am sure even the colonels negative qualities have been exaggerated.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:31 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
he was an illegal alien.

Interesting times ahead.

Well, I think there is something to that as well. On business deals.....I think alot of the time the colonel was the fall guy.

He would ask Elvis do you want to do that, and if Elvis said no.....then the colonel said no. I think that's the story with "A Star is born".

but you don't get a reputation of being the type of person he was in Hollywood with some truth to it.

but the colonel was accused of overreaching, and the estate had to actually sue him after Elvis died.
he was taking way too much money. Elvis had alot of expenses and had to pay a band, bodyguards, singers, wardrobe, and tons of other expenses that go with being a star.

I could go on....but I am sure even the colonels negative qualities have been exaggerated.

Yes, I agree colonel was the fall guy as you have shared.

I am not disagreeing with you; however, just opening up another scenario:

Marty Lacker, we know his disposition, who was fired in 1968, he moved away with his young family (his daughters insist they know all about Elvis, yet they were around Lisa's age when they lived with Elvis). Marty was not particularly liked by Sonny, Lamar was not around much either, these were Marty's sources when he spoke about colonel. Marty's own personal experience with the Colonel, as we know, they did not like each other. We also know, reading aek (alt.elvis.king one of the first boards available), if Marty felt slighted by anyone, whether he was right in his view or wrong, he would, in my view, continue to bash anyone's character to whom he felt slighted (including a nine year old Lisa, a little girl....).

Marty also got stuck into Elvis' fans who were around much more than he was around Elvis, and tried to make them feel insignificant and was down right mean (Marty jumped to a conclusion, I was a little girl when Elvis died, and I live in Australia; however, he thought that I was Sandi Miller at one stage and took strips off me - thinking he was taking strips off Sandi Miller).

In my view, Marty and Lamar, especially, had a lot to do with tarnishing reputations from their uneducated, jealous, uninformed (I could go on) comments.

Court case with the Colonel was through EPE, Cilla was involved with EPE at that time - how accurate is what was reported? I do recall that the percentage that colonel received has evolved to be slightly different (and more, it was changed to sound more dramatic to the actual case) to what was true.

EPE/Cilla took or tried to take Linda Thompson's parent's gifted home away from them.

EPE sued the Alden's for their property.

EPE/Cilla from my memory of reading AEK tried to sue Elvis' family/Marty (that one is from memory and I stand corrected).

EPE/Cilla fired the very loyal and diplomatic Billy Smith and the Smith and Loyd families (uncles) from working at Graceland, after Elvis died, as, I believe, they did not want the fans to know what was going on.

This sets a background for "considering the source" and to be open to other possibilities.
Last edited by Mountain Mist on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jukebox
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Jukebox » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 am

If promoter Bob Pritchard had really wanted to lure Elvis to Australia for a couple of concerts
he would've offered Dr. Evil Colonel Parker at least 100 billion dollars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY
I'm happy to be an Elvis fan! 8-)

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:51 am

Mountain Mist wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:
he was an illegal alien.

Interesting times ahead.

Yes, I agree colonel was the fall guy as you have shared.

I am not disagreeing with you; however, just opening up another scenario:

Marty Lacker, we know his disposition, who was fired in 1968, he moved away with his young family (his daughters insist they know all about Elvis, yet they were around Lisa's age when they lived with Elvis). Marty was not particularly liked by Sonny, Lamar was not around much either, these were Marty's sources when he spoke about colonel. Marty's own personal experience with the Colonel, as we know, they did not like each other. We also know, reading aek (alt.elvis.king one of the first boards available), if Marty felt slighted by anyone, whether he was right in his view or wrong, he would, in my view, continue to bash anyone's character to whom he felt slighted (including a nine year old Lisa, a little girl....).

Marty also got stuck into Elvis' fans who were around much more than he was around Elvis, and tried to make them feel insignificant and was down right mean (Marty jumped to a conclusion, I was a little girl when Elvis died, and I live in Australia; however, he thought that I was Sandi Miller at one stage and took strips off me - thinking he was taking strips off Sandi Miller).

Court case with the Colonel was through EPE, Cilla was involved with EPE at that time - how accurate is what was reported? I do recall that the percentage that colonel received has evolved to be slightly different (and more, it was changed to sound more dramatic to the actual case) to what was true.

EPE/Cilla took or tried to take Linda Thompson's parent's gifted home away from them.

EPE sued the Alden's for their property.

EPE/Cilla from my memory of reading AEK tried to sue Elvis' family/Marty (that one is from memory and I stand corrected).

EPE/Cilla fired the very loyal and diplomatic Billy Smith and the Smith and Loyd families (uncles) from working at Graceland, after Elvis died, as, I believe, they did not want the fans to know what was going on.

This sets a background for "considering the source" and to be open to other possibilities.

I understand what you are saying but lets just look how personable the colonel was for a second.
Actors, actresses, studio heads, etc. all have made comments on how the colonel was.
He just doesn't come across as a nice guy to me or them. And from what I have read in lots of books, the colonel liked to play head games.
I think he manipulated Elvis no doubt. Elvis was naive and alot less worldly when he met the colonel, but of course the colonel was alot older too.
Another thing I didn't like was the colonel was big on a person word. He trusted thier word.
And yet, he told Red Robinson in 1965 or so, that if Elvis ever toured again, he wouldn't forget him.
He never again toured Canada after 1957.
Let's wait to see what the spa guy finds out....but it will depend on his sources. the colonel did have his loyal friends.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:11 am

I understand what you are saying but lets just look how personable the colonel was for a second.
Actors, actresses, studio heads, etc. all have made comments on how the colonel was.
He just doesn't come across as a nice guy to me or them. And from what I have read in lots of books, the colonel liked to play head games.
I think he manipulated Elvis no doubt. Elvis was naive and alot less worldly when he met the colonel, but of course the colonel was alot older too.
Another thing I didn't like was the colonel was big on a person word. He trusted thier word.
And yet, he told Red Robinson in 1965 or so, that if Elvis ever toured again, he wouldn't forget him.
Let's wait to see what the spa guy finds out....but it will depend on his sources. the colonel did have his loyal friends.

To be fair, there are good stories with colonel too, with how he treated the fans.

I would not be surprised if colonel was not upstanding.

It was the culture to have more of a class system (lower/working, middle/professional, upper) back then, well, there is still some of it left today, too. If someone was considered rough (Marty, Lamar or Red, as examples, they were not treated as equals but with some disdain (hence different experiences for different people with the colonel). I am not saying anything is right or wrong by the way, just trying to understand the background.

I think that a lot of people have evolved in our times.

I am all for "fair" tis all.

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:47 am

Mountain Mist wrote:

To be fair, there are good stories with colonel too, with how he treated the fans.

I would not be surprised if colonel was not upstanding.

It was the culture to have more of a class system (lower/working, middle/professional, upper) back then, well, there is still some of it left today, too. If someone was considered rough (Marty, Lamar or Red, as examples, they were not treated as equals but with some disdain (hence different experiences for different people with the colonel). I am not saying anything is right or wrong by the way, just trying to understand the background.

I think that a lot of people have evolved in our times.

I am all for "fair" tis all.

Oh, I am sure the colonel had alot of friends and treated people alright.
I just thought of something.
Elvis did need money in 1973 and he sold off his catalog. As we all know that was a huge mistake.
If he had someone other than the colonel book him around the world, he would not have needed money.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:31 am

Mountain Mist wrote:...Marty also got stuck into Elvis' fans who were around much more than he was around Elvis, and tried to make them feel insignificant and was down right mean (Marty jumped to a conclusion, I was a little girl when Elvis died, and I live in Australia; however, he thought that I was Sandi Miller at one stage and took strips off me - thinking he was taking strips off Sandi Miller)...

Let's be clear; you are denying that you're Sandy Miller, then ?
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:36 am

Colin B wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:...Marty also got stuck into Elvis' fans who were around much more than he was around Elvis, and tried to make them feel insignificant and was down right mean (Marty jumped to a conclusion, I was a little girl when Elvis died, and I live in Australia; however, he thought that I was Sandi Miller at one stage and took strips off me - thinking he was taking strips off Sandi Miller)...

Let's be clear; you are denying that you're Sandy Miller, then ?

LOL,yes- I worded it badly again, lol (seems to be too often with me, lol).

Sorry, lol

A lot of good came from Marty being horrible. Sandi and Larry Geller then contacted me, lol.

TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:06 am

EPE did take Linda Thompson's parents home from them, I asked her brother Sam this once and he said 'Let's put it this way, they HAD to move out'.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:39 pm

How?
If he payed for the home...how EPE could take it back?

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Pacer wrote:How?
If he payed for the home...how EPE could take it back?

Good point.

I also wonder why Sam responded with "Let me put it this way .....", instead of, "yes"?

Return to “Everything Elvis”