That time of year.....

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
Watson

That time of year.....

Postby Watson » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:13 pm

My Dad's birthday and I'm looking to get a few Elvis related autographs (Ie. Notable photographers, musicians, songwriters, etc)

However, there is a slight set back.....

I live in London and am unable to send SAEs to the US and do not feel comfortable asking for something when the other person will have to pay.

Therefore, are there any Elvis (like mentioned previously) that live in Britain, please?

Kind regards,

Davis Watson
"You've never walked in that man's shoes or seen things through his eyes."

John

Re: That time of year.....

Postby John » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:31 pm

Watson wrote:My Dad's birthday and I'm looking to get a few Elvis related autographs (Ie. Notable photographers, musicians, songwriters, etc)

However, there is a slight set back.....

I live in London and am unable to send SAEs to the US and do not feel comfortable asking for something when the other person will have to pay.

Therefore, are there any Elvis (like mentioned previously) that live in Britain, please?

Kind regards,

Davis Watson

There are songwriters. Barry Mason and Les Reed who wrote Girl Of Mine. Bill Martin, Phil Coulter, (My Boy), Alan Blaikley and Ken Howard (I've Lost You), Guy Fletcher and Doug Flett (Just Pretend and others). Most of these guys can be reached via ASCAP or the PRS.

Not sure if there are any photographers or musicians. How about P.J. Proby, he's always on tour? Paul Simon is in the UK at the moment, he is a big Elvis fan and of course wrote Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Topic author
Watson

Re: That time of year.....

Postby Watson » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:31 am

Cheers John,

Simon and Proby are both good calls.

I shall look into Reed, etc.

Thanks again,

Davis
"You've never walked in that man's shoes or seen things through his eyes."

Return to “Everything Elvis”