Vinyl, I need help with this one...

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Vinyl, I need help with this one...

Postby TonyS » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:19 am

Matt Helm wrote:Sorry folks, i was on vacation, i have this SPEAKERS CORNER Vinyl in my Collection (i think i have it 2x with different stickers on the plastic wrap on it). Matt

Thanks Matt.
What I find interesting is the fact that 'Speakers Corner' isn't mentioned on the release anywhere, that's why I was having trouble identifying it and why I thought it was a bootleg.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 pm

No way TonyS...it is not a bootleg pal. But if it is possible try to find the real one, i for myself have a wornout one and some other later USA pressings; japan, canada, germany, france, UK and so on....but the real one is the ORIGINAL STEREO USA Pressing or the MONO Album...it is and will always be a milestone for us crazy ELVIS Fans for sure!!! Matt

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:41 pm

TonyS wrote:
Matt Helm wrote:Sorry folks, i was on vacation, i have this SPEAKERS CORNER Vinyl in my Collection (i think i have it 2x with different stickers on the plastic wrap on it). Matt

Thanks Matt.
What I find interesting is the fact that 'Speakers Corner' isn't mentioned on the release anywhere, that's why I was having trouble identifying it and why I thought it was a bootleg.

How is the sound?. It´s supposed to be analogue...... :roll:.
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Tulsa Mclean wrote:
TonyS wrote:

Thanks Matt.

How is the sound?. It´s supposed to be analogue...... :roll:.

http://www.speakerscornerrecords.com/pr ... is-is-back

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:13 pm

well, sorry Tulsa...never know because it keeps still sealed...but it think it sounds like every vinyl record since the 80's ( do you have the german pressing vinyl recording i think it was the latest 80's version on vinyl...and it sounds like the US 1st CD Pressing with the terrible scratch at the beginninig on MAKE ME KNOW IT?) ....well the "newer recordings", sorry i don't know, but i think they sound fine...the CD Master is better after all this years, ;) Matt

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:04 am

TonyS, I think I´ve been able to find the Elvis Is Back! you´re showing, but I´m not quite sure...Mine has a "Hype sticker" on the front cover and it has the reference on the spine. I didn´t see these 2 details on yours! ;).

P.S: I haven´t opened it yet to have a listen....

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:14 am

Thanks, but that's not the same. Is yours a gatefold sleeve?
Yours has a digital scan code on the top right of the back cover and a hype sticker, mine has neither of those.
I have identified mine as Speakers Corner from what is etched into the run out groove.
Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A - Etched): B RCA LSP 2231 A [scratched-out text] IS Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray 12327 1
Thanks anyway.

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:09 pm

TonyS wrote:Thanks, but that's not the same. Is yours a gatefold sleeve?
Yours has a digital scan code on the top right of the back cover and a hype sticker, mine has neither of those.
I have identified mine as Speakers Corner from what is etched into the run out groove.
Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A - Etched): B RCA LSP 2231 A [scratched-out text] IS Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray 12327 1
Thanks anyway.

It was Still Sealed, the small white code sticker on the back is applied on the shrinkwrap, and all the references you made is on the Run-out wax of my copy as well. So it seems it´s the same pressing, just that you don´t have the original "Speaker Corner Hype Sticker". Mine includes a 8 pages booklet too! ;). Did you buy an open copy?.

P.S: Can you show the complete spine of your copy?. I ask because mine has the Matrix LSP-2231 on it!. Thanks.

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Yes, I purchased an open copy at a record fair.
I haggled and got a great price. :)
We have the same, here is the spine of my copy.
IMG_2083.JPG

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 pm

TonyS wrote:Yes, I purchased an open copy at a record fair.
I haggled and got a great price. :)
We have the same, here is the spine of my copy.
IMG_2083.JPG

Thanks, now I’m relieved, we have the very same copy! ;).

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:12 pm

One POINT: EVERY and i mean really every ELVIS IS BACK on LP (US only original and some other countries like Germany...twas not the original, never ever, Cuba, Japan...name it, you know) and CD (RCA, BMG, Sony, FTD) is worth to buy...no matter from the country; yesTonyS EVERY single Album and MOST of all the COMPACT DISCS sounds so very very different...if it is from the Original Record Company! ;) Matt

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Matt Helm wrote:One POINT: EVERY and i mean really every ELVIS IS BACK on LP (US only original and some other countries like Germany...twas not the original, never ever, Cuba, Japan...name it, you know) and CD (RCA, BMG, Sony, FTD) is worth to buy...no matter from the country; yesTonyS EVERY single Album and MOST of all the COMPACT DISCS sounds so very very different...if it is from the Original Record Company! ;) Matt

Yes, agreed.
Personally I like the DCC Gold Compact Disc and the legacy CD edition of Elvis Is Back.
I also have the first CD release with digital crackle on Make Me Know It as well as the reissue version CD and the FTD. Then about five or six vinyl editions.
Man, I'm really sick !!!!

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Man,TonyS R E S P E CT!!!....you are NOT SICK! i lIKE your way, yes sir, i call it style to collect one of the best ELVIS Record ever, dude...LOVE IT!!! Matt

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 pm

TonyS...isn't it exciting for searching ELVIS Vinyl-Records?! NOT ON EBAY, no....NEVER for me,....go out to the second hand shops and get the real feeling!
Last Saturday i bought the "Pink Version" of the 2LP-set ELVIS 40's GREATEST (UK Pressing with a very large pink Sticker in german/english language) ...have this one after all since 1978, lot of pressings; but the sticker was new to me; FLAMING STAR (US 1975 Pickwick near MINT and in shrink) WELCOME TO MY WORLD (original US 1977 near MINT and in shrink) and a little bit not so good orange RCA GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS mid 70's french pressing all for € 27,---...; that's a deal; don't you think so?!...well and 2 ELVIS Postcards was a special bonus...i'd love to collect ELVIS PRESLEY Records on Vinyl and CD, yeah...AND after all these years,:D ! Matt

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Mattt, I enjoy collecting at Record Fairs and second hand record shops especially.
Grabbed this around three weeks ago.
IMG_2091.JPG
IMG_2092.JPG
IMG_2093.JPG

Ain't it a beauty ?

Return to “Everything Elvis”