Love the Album
6%
Don't like the Album
2%
It's Average
4%

Total votes: 131

Hard Rocker

Re: POT LUCK - Your Favourite Tracks Are...

Postby Hard Rocker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:54 am

It needed to drop 3 fillers and replace them with 3 killers. Then it would've been a decent album with 5/6 quality tracks and a few decent ones. Plus a better cover and album title wouldn't have done any harm either. There was just far too much Presley product hitting the market back then. Story of his life/career... "Too much is never enough - bring on the overkill!" Everything from movies to Vegas gigs to women to drugs to jumpsuits.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 am

Hard Rocker wrote:It needed to drop 3 fillers and replace them with 3 killers. Then it would've been a decent album with 5/6 quality tracks and a few decent ones. Plus a better cover and album title wouldn't have done any harm either. There was just far too much Presley product hitting the market back then. Story of his life/career... "Too much is never enough - bring on the overkill!" Everything from movies to Vegas gigs to women to drugs to jumpsuits.

Yes like dropping the two short songs "Steppin Out of Line" and "I Feel That I've Known You Forever" both under 2 minutes and both wouldv'e made good B- sides singles, and replaced with two other songs clocking in around 2 and half minutes long, therefore keeping all the songs even as regards to running times. But which ones, Hard Rocker ?

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:39 am

As expected "Suspicion" is streets ahead on this poll ( SUSPICION would have been a better album title than POT LUCK). But am really happy to see "something Blue" "Gonna get Back Home Somehow" and "That's Someone You'll Never Forget" doing really well :D

Jukebox

Postby Jukebox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:47 am

The thing I've never liked about the cover photo is the fact that there's a fake black outline
above the top of Elvis' hairline which makes his hair look stacked higher than it really was.

If you look carefully, it's most noticeable on the top and on the right side (Elvis' left side).

Jukebox

Postby Jukebox » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 am

Jukebox wrote:The thing I've never liked about the cover photo is the fact that there's a fake black outline
above the top of Elvis' hairline which makes his hair look stacked higher than it really was.

If you look carefully, it's most noticeable on the top and on the right side (Elvis' left side).

Has anyone else ever noticed that?

John

Postby John » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

Jukebox wrote:
Jukebox wrote:The thing I've never liked about the cover photo is the fact that there's a fake black outline

Has anyone else ever noticed that?

I don't know if anyone else has, but I haven't.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 am

Poll is almost done and dusted. Anyone who hasn't voted yet, the sands of time is running out

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Please let me know, why was Terry Stafford version of SUSPICION such a huge hit?! I have the CD (straight from Vinyl) for years ... but his voice is like an early ELVIS Impersonator like Ral Donner and so on and sounds like a Demo for ELVIS...sorry, but what a poor performance-the female choir is a desaster, yes it is-...i remember in the late 70s/early 80's ...some real old hardcore ELVIS Collectors paid hundreds of bucks for an original Terry Stafford SUSPICON Vinyl 33 or 45rpm; was he so good?!...thx in advance, Matt; and i love POT LUCK (the Cover-Shot was not the best after all :D ...but i think for Terry was ELVIS' Hairstyle an Inspiration, don't you think so?!...lol)

Return to “Everything Elvis”