New Blu-ray coming August

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
jbgude

New Blu-ray coming August

Postby jbgude » Mon May 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Koch Media will be releasing " Wild in the Country" on Blu-ray in August, along with "Kid Galahad". While Kid Galahad was released earlier in the US, this will be the first ever HD edition for "WITC". This also marks all the Fox titles being released on Blu-ray.

This leaves Paramount as the only major studio /company not to release Elvis movie titles on HD/ Blu-ray.

Incidentally "Clambake" was also scheduled for release, by Koch Media, in February but never came out.

Matt Helm

Re: New Blu-ray coming August

Postby Matt Helm » Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Thx jbgude...and the "Love Me Tender" photo for the EU BluRay/DVD Cover of "Harte Fäuste, Heisse Liebe" (KID GALAHAD) is a wonderful treat for the real collector...lol, :D Matt

HD_RES

Postby HD_RES » Wed May 30, 2018 2:39 pm

jbgude wrote:Koch Media will be releasing " Wild in the Country" on Blu-ray in August.

Will buy this title in august

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Wed May 30, 2018 4:04 pm

jbgude wrote:Koch Media will be releasing " Wild in the Country" on Blu-ray in August, along with "Kid Galahad". While Kid Galahad was released earlier in the US, this will be the first ever HD edition for "WITC". This also marks all the Fox titles being released on Blu-ray.

This leaves Paramount as the only major studio /company not to release Elvis movie titles on HD/ Blu-ray.

Incidentally "Clambake" was also scheduled for release, by Koch Media, in February but never came out.

We will have a long wait for Paramount. With a few notable exceptions they have failed to release classic titles on blu ray in the way that other studios have. They have licenced some silent titles to Kino in the last year or so, which might signal a shift, or it might just be a case of cashing in on the titles before they go out of copyright over the next few years.

Topic author
jbgude

Postby jbgude » Wed May 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Thx jbgude...and the "Love Me Tender" photo for the EU BluRay/DVD Cover of "Harte Fäuste, Heisse Liebe" (KID GALAHAD) is a wonderful treat for the real collector...lol, :D Matt

(Most) of the new/young copywriters ad writers have NO IDEA about Elvis or the stars before the 80's: They most probably were asked to design a cover and picked out (any) suitable photo from their archives. Even on Amazon / other sites you sometimes get random co-stars/ production people listed as the " Star"..... heck, you even have FTD screwing up Pics or information.....

Sure this will get worse in the years to come. :(

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:36 pm

I am In...i'll buy every ELVIS-Movie on BluRay version (EU or USA) ...thats it...hi jbgude; take a click to Debbie Reynolds on youtube talkin' about the ELVIS Movies and her opinion...Let's new ELVIS BluRay coming in...we all together listen to the greatest music in the world...Dean Mart....ohhhh ..oooh.., so sorry wrong wrong thread....one more for the road, excuse pally ;) ...lol, Matt

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:44 pm

I could afford it but somehow I don't like to buy every few years the Elvis stuff over and over again on a new format.
First I watched his movies on old cave paintings, than over smoke signs from mountain to mountain, than over telegraph recordings, than movie prints,than VHS, than DVD......now blue ray?
No.
There should be a stop.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:28 pm

Pacer wrote:I could afford it but somehow I don't like to buy every few years the Elvis stuff over and over again on a new format.
First I watched his movies on old cave paintings, than over smoke signs from mountain to mountain, than over telegraph recordings, than movie prints,than VHS, than DVD......now blue ray?
No.
There should be a stop.

They should have stayed with smoke signals, lol LOL

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:05 am

Pacer wrote:I could afford it but somehow I don't like to buy every few years the Elvis stuff over and over again on a new format.
No.
There should be a stop.
Mountain Mist wrote:They should have stayed with smoke signals, lol LOL

Ha ha ha !

Poor old Betamax didn't get a mention !

Betamax Machine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:25 am

Colin B wrote:
No.
There should be a stop.

Ha ha ha !

I couln`t . I still coughed from the smoke.
I heard that Betamax was superior (albeit more expensive) in qualiity compared to VHS.

Honestly...remember the days when they tried 15 years after the the CD-Invention to establish the DVD Audio...as a selling point for everybody to rebuy his whole collection again?
People didn`t go for that.

Bust so shortly after the DVD (which was really a huge jump in quality to VHS)...no, thank you.
As a principle.

ClausH

Postby ClausH » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Wild In The Country is region free and it looks very good, imo. It's a big upgrade on the dvd. I doubt it has been given a full restoration but it looks very clean with only a few white spots here and there. It is a bit grainier than Flaming Star but the level of detail and the colours are very good.

Topic author
jbgude

Postby jbgude » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:42 am

"Poor old Betamax didn't get a mention !"

I bought a tape of " Roustabout" on Betamax -the first Elvis movie I saw on Video Cassette - ( never saw the movie on it though) as I never did find a player to play it on! Got a National VHS 370 from my friendly neighborhood smuggler, for the price of literally a plot of land I could have built a house on......today, that plot of land is worth roughly 200 times more and my player was given to a scrap dealer. :(

hey, Matt, sorry I just noticed your message to me in your post of June.

Lawrence

Postby Lawrence » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 am

jbgude wrote:Koch Media will be releasing " Wild in the Country" on Blu-ray in August, along with "Kid Galahad".

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_DE/p ... id=1027892

https://shop.kochmedia.com/shop/de_DE/p ... id=1027890

Can't wait for these. The last time I watched Kid Galadad was on TCM HD and the quality was amazing, so it'll be nice to see what both of these look releases will look like in Blu Ray format.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:01 am

Pacer wrote:
Colin B wrote:
No.
There should be a stop.

Ha ha ha !

I couln`t . I still coughed from the smoke.
I heard that Betamax was superior (albeit more expensive) in qualiity compared to VHS.

Honestly...remember the days when they tried 15 years after the the CD-Invention to establish the DVD Audio...as a selling point for everybody to rebuy his whole collection again?
People didn`t go for that.

Bust so shortly after the DVD (which was really a huge jump in quality to VHS)...no, thank you.
As a principle.

Ha! lol

Betamax here, was what we went for, in the beginning, rather than VHS, due to the quality as you say, I recall that the TV stations used the Betamax, so if good enough for them ...

Anything to make money off those who have to keep up with the "Joneses" lol

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 am

Colin B wrote:
No.
There should be a stop.

Ha ha ha !

Betamax Machine.jpg

Look at that clunker (I think I still have one, but it is not so clunky, close though ;) ) lol Mine always broke down.

Return to “Everything Elvis”