ELVIS PRESLEY - THE '68 COMEBACK - 50th Anniversary Edition

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Re: ELVIS PRESLEY - THE '68 COMEBACK - 50th Anniversary Edition

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:20 am

Lou A. wrote:It would seem that this year would be ideal for Sony to re-release the audio version of the original album with bonus tracks. Just about a "win - win" situation for Sony Besides the NBC anniversary special. the original TV show will be shown in theaters in August . It was shown in theaters back in 2004 and sold out at my local theater . As someone mentioned , maybe they could remix some of the mono tracks like Baby What You Want Me To Do by computer to stereo. And it would be an ideal time to re-release the show on DVD AND Blu-ray .

certainly agree. Welcome to PHOENIX forum.

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:39 am

Lou A. wrote:It would seem that this year would be ideal for Sony to re-release the audio version of the original album with bonus tracks. Just about a "win - win" situation for Sony Besides the NBC anniversary special. the original TV show will be shown in theaters in August . It was shown in theaters back in 2004 and sold out at my local theater . As someone mentioned , maybe they could remix some of the mono tracks like Baby What You Want Me To Do by computer to stereo. And it would be an ideal time to re-release the show on DVD AND Blu-ray .

When released I don't hope mono tracks are transferred to "stereo"; the studio tracks are recorded in stereo. The "live" recordings are recorded in mono. See 24 june 1968 mixing sessions for all details for mono/stereo.

colonel snow

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:51 pm

WOW !!! Look at the release date of the RCA soundtrack Elvis T V Special.
https://www.discogs.com/Elvis-Presley-O ... se/2478493

I don't know if this is authentic or not and what country, i guess it would be the USA, but this is pretty damn close to my birthday where i too will turn 5o. Be cool to find out for sure along with the original retail prices US , UK and australia.

Similarly the Beatles double White Album, according to some sites says it was released on November 21 1968 in the UK.

Both albums are very near and dear to my heart, so you can imagine how awesome these facts and figures are to me.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 am

colonel snow wrote:

When released I don't hope mono tracks are transferred to "stereo"; the studio tracks are recorded in stereo. The "live" recordings are recorded in mono. See 24 june 1968 mixing sessions for all details for mono/stereo.

colonel snow

The DES Spectral Stereo that some fans have put together on YT and which i have posted here last two years, could be cool.
Its worth a try.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 am

Singer-Presents-Elvis-newspaper-advertisement-August-1969.jpg

220px-Singer_Presents_ELVIS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:07 am

img.jpg

wish i could find and post Oz and UK adverts and reviews, not just american ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:58 pm

For the Durch fans on 21 july 2018

https://www.concertgebouw.nl/concerten/ ... dium=EVENT

colonel snow

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 am

Breaking news!.

The´68 Comeback Special ("ELVIS 50th Anniversary Comeback Special") to be screened at the U.S Theatres on August 16 & 20. It will include the legendary television special, plus an exclusive look at the making of the Special, featuring a walkthrough of the NBC soundstage with insights from Binder and others influenced by Presley, his music, and this iconic event 8-).

This brand new content is produced by Spencer Proffer, CEO of Meteor 17, and ABG's Marc Rosen, SVP of Entertainment. International cinema locations and ticket-on-sale dates will be announced at a later date.

Beside this a new book is coming out soon!.

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of this legendary special, a new book by Steve Binder titled: "COMEBACK: The Making of the 1968 Elvis Special" delves into the dynamic (and often intimate) performances by The King of Rock & Roll during the landmark "Comeback" NBC broadcast. The book features a dedication by Priscilla Presley and stunning catalog of iconic Elvis Presley imagery.

Source: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/art ... l-20180611
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Lou A.

Postby Lou A. » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:08 pm

So besides the book and theatrical showing , a Blu-ray release would be nice. So would getting the CD /LP back at retail locations where customers could see it and buy it. Barnes and Noble carries all of the Legacy releases and a number of DVDs , but doesn't stock anything on the 68 Comeback. This years publicity would be the ideal time .

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:16 am

Tulsa Mclean wrote:Breaking news!.

Beside this a new book is coming out soon!.

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of this legendary special, a new book by Steve Binder titled: "COMEBACK: The Making of the 1968 Elvis Special" delves into the dynamic (and often intimate) performances by The King of Rock & Roll during the landmark "Comeback" NBC broadcast. The book features a dedication by Priscilla Presley and stunning catalog of iconic Elvis Presley imagery.

Source: https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/art ... l-20180611

book_68book_binder_2018_06_12.jpg

I hope there is unreleased info included, we already had several books on the ´68 TV Special subject, specially the mammoth tome: Elvis-The King Of The Jungle.

0016450f_720x600.jpg

It states it will include exclusive pictures too, hopefully we get those cool pictures of Elvis & Bobby Dick outside of Steve Binder´s office in Hollywood, Los Angeles, taken from the original negatives!.

Elvis%20and%20Bobby%20Dick%202.jpg

elvis+w_bobby+scan.jpg

More on this meeting with Bobby Dick here below....

Source: http://lettersfromthomas.blogspot.com/2 ... 68_04.html

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:32 pm

I don't expect new information about the special comparing with the book The King of the Jungle and other available sources. Maybe some callsheets and /or new photo's are included? About the rehearsels and recordings after 20 june 1968 all is known. From 17-18-19 june 1968 rehearsels are less details known except what's done according to the call sheets.

colonel snow

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

It looks like the forthcoming ´68 book by Steve Binder has a new cover now...... :shock:.

book_binder_elvis_68_special_2018_06_13.jpg

a mess of Polk salad

Postby a mess of Polk salad » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Strange cover ...?

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:15 pm

a mess of Polk salad wrote:Strange cover ...?

Elvis & the background don't belong together & neither has a '68 Comeback connection [maybe the background does]...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Colin B wrote:
a mess of Polk salad wrote:Strange cover ...?

Elvis & the background don't belong together & neither has a '68 Comeback connection [maybe the background does]...

It looks like the background is an NBC building.

Return to “Everything Elvis”