2 new FTD's announced ''On-Off Stage 1970'' ''The Last Movies 2-LP''

All the Elvis you can take

cadillac-elvis

Re: 2 new FTD's announced ''On-Off Stage 1970'' ''The Last Movies 2-LP''

Postby cadillac-elvis » Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 pm

Colin B wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:"Elvis-Off stage" would have been a great title for a home recordings CD.

Or an 'in the studio' one...

yep.

DarylR

Postby DarylR » Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 pm

I nicknamed the upcoming FTD "Off-On Stage" the "light switch" FTD. You can only listen to it when the lights are on in the room.

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 pm

John wrote:
KEV wrote:19th FEB should and could have made it 2xdisc set.

But the well is running dry and they need to keep stuff back for other times!!!.

What's the point of keeping it back? The well of buyers is also running dry.

:lol: well said. Plus Ernst and Roger need to realise that we're not getting any younger :evil:

John

Postby John » Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
John wrote:

But the well is running dry and they need to keep stuff back for other times!!!.

:lol: well said. Plus Ernst and Roger need to realise that we're not getting any younger :evil:

and the more they piss us off, the less goes into their bank accounts. People will only stand for it for so long.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat May 19, 2018 12:30 pm

I am very selective in buying Ftd.
The last one I bought was roundabout.
The next one will be kissin cousins.

And I don't buy soundboard at all.
As great as the 69 or 70 shows are....i didn't even bought all of the multitracks.
Why? I only buy now what I really will hear again.
I am not the completist "listening and than to the shelf" (even buying a second copy to be sealed forever) type.

The live shows don't held so much interest for me. That's why I didn't even bought all the live multitracks.
Cause I found out that I don't listen to them.

That aside, I think that February 70 release was a direct answer to the rightful all around complaining after countless 76 soundboard releases.
I am glad that on this board there doesn't seem to me too much members who are fawning about every late 70s release and call most 76 shows"good or great for the period blabla".

Anyhow, I think this release is an answer to the overkill of the last years with 76 soundboard.
As for the new L.P., I would buy it if it was a CD.

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat May 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Jak wrote:The On Stage release is a nice change of pace.

Yes, a period (1970) where he's at the top of his game. Better than all those shows from 1972 onwards where the shows became so predictable they border on the extreme boredom brigade, and in a lot of cases he's not up to scratch with his performances.

I'll never understand why fans have to have every show from the period 1972 on...same songs, same this and that.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat May 19, 2018 12:56 pm

OnStage55 wrote:Strange title OFF-ON STAGE, I don't get what they mean by OFF, sounds like it means that Elvis was OFF on doing a good show.

They should remove that one word and leave the rest, sounds better.

Only just visiting this thread, even though it's three pages long, and I'm sure someone's already said what I'm about to say but I would imagine the "OFF" means rehearsal material and "On" means the actual live on stage performances.

Still, it is a strange title "OFF-ON". I would have put it as "OFF and ON STAGE.
she's well acquainted with a touch of the velvet hand, like a lizard on a window pane

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat May 19, 2018 4:14 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
OnStage55 wrote:Strange title OFF-ON STAGE, I don't get what they mean by OFF, sounds like it means that Elvis was OFF on doing a good show.

Only just visiting this thread, even though it's three pages long, and I'm sure someone's already said what I'm about to say but I would imagine the "OFF" means rehearsal material and "On" means the actual live on stage performances.

Still, it is a strange title "OFF-ON". I would have put it as "OFF and ON STAGE.

i'm not as bothered as other members seem to be with the choice of title. FTD have provided worse. To me what matters and is of great importance is who will be mastering the product this time? Is it going to be the same dill head who mastered Omaha and Murfreesboro releases ?

Mojo Filter

Postby Mojo Filter » Sat May 19, 2018 6:32 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

i'm not as bothered as other members seem to be with the choice of title. FTD have provided worse. To me what matters and is of great importance is who will be mastering the product this time? Is it going to be the same dill head who mastered Omaha and Murfreesboro releases ?

That's a question i can't answer. I know nothing about the mastering issues on the releases you've mentioned here because i don't own them, or any other releases with mastering issues of the ones i have bought, and have no intention of buying them as 70s Elvis doesn't much appeal to me, so i can't comment.

But suffice to say, if there is such faults then that's very sloppy work from FTD and a big let down for the fans buying them.

Tulsa Mclean

Postby Tulsa Mclean » Sat May 19, 2018 7:10 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
John wrote:

Neither them, they are already into their late 60´s.... :roll:.

-Ernst Jorgensen (1950)

-Roger Semon (1949)
Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

KEV

Postby KEV » Sat May 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Mike,love your work my boy,here and over in the nut house.

Keep the faith Mike.
Keep the FAITH MIKE :!: :!:

KEV

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat May 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Tulsa Mclean wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:
John wrote:

-Ernst Jorgensen (1950)

-Roger Semon (1949)

:o Oh no Tulsa, you shouldn't have given too much info re. their age. " on the wrong side of 60" would have been enough, my friend :D

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Sat May 19, 2018 10:57 pm

Mojo Filter wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:
Mojo Filter wrote:

That's a question i can't answer. I know nothing about the mastering issues on the releases you've mentioned here because i don't own them, or any other releases with mastering issues of the ones i have bought, and have no intention of buying them as 70s Elvis doesn't much appeal to me, so i can't comment.

But suffice to say, if there is such faults then that's very sloppy work from FTD and a big let down for the fans buying them.

Howcome the 70s Elvis era does not "appeal" to you ? Not even with the studio material? Will you partake on my "He Touched Me" gospel favourite tracks poll?

John

Postby John » Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 pm

WalterHaleJnr wrote:
Tulsa Mclean wrote:
WalterHaleJnr wrote:
John wrote:

-Ernst Jorgensen (1950)

-Roger Semon (1949)

:o Oh no Tulsa, you shouldn't have given too much info re. their age. " on the wrong side of 60" would have been enough, my friend :D

On the very wrong side, I'd say. I should know, it's my birthday today, and I'm older than one of them and as old as the other.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sat May 19, 2018 11:23 pm

Congratulation.
Why are you on your birthday on the forum?
Is your wife going under your nerves?
Last edited by Pacer on Sat May 19, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Elvis”