The Searcher unreleased On Tour

All the Elvis you can take

eaptcb

Re: The Searcher unreleased On Tour

Postby eaptcb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 am

No there has not been an official "On Tour Special Edition" only bootleg versions f the 4 or so hours that has escaped to-date
Rick was saying that there was an excess of well over 50 hours of On Tour footage cataloged
There is only one Elvis accept no imitations, and just enjoy the music.

John

Postby John » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:32 am

eaptcb wrote:No there has not been an official "On Tour Special Edition" only bootleg versions f the 4 or so hours that has escaped to-date
Rick was saying that there was an excess of well over 50 hours of On Tour footage cataloged

50 hours? That would never see the light of day.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:32 pm

eaptcb wrote:No there has not been an official "On Tour Special Edition" only bootleg versions f the 4 or so hours that has escaped to-date
John wrote:50 hours?
That would never see the light of day.

A lot of the '50 hours' would be simply different camera angles of the same song.

When edited together into a watchable form, it would be a fraction of that.

Bring it on, I say !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:48 pm

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:50 hours?
That would never see the light of day.

A lot of the '50 hours' would be simply different camera angles of the same song.

When edited together into a watchable form, it would be a fraction of that.

Bring it on, I say !

So do I, and SOON.

eaptcb

Postby eaptcb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:03 pm

yes but as Rick said he could easily make 4 90 minute Elvis On Tour Movies, and there is a lot of multiple angles fan footage, but also a fair bit of candid Elvis too, we only have a few little clips so far, i.e the tie footage in Vegas, back stage, in transit in cars and on planes.
the four or so hours of out-takes that have been released through the bootleggers is not even scraping the surface, of whats there..
but it is unlikely to be seen by fans unless someone leaks it...
Like the few hours of Change of Habit out takes and so on ..

Ben

Postby Ben » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:06 pm

eaptcb wrote:Like the few hours of Change of Habit out takes and so on ..

Where have you read that?

eaptcb

Postby eaptcb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

many years ago, when i obtained the 24 hours of ttwii footage before it was flooded on the market i paid around 6000 euros for it if my bank account remembers.. and was promised on tour out-takes (which hadn't been available anywhere by that time, and the person who offered it said he was awaiting the on tour about 2 hours at that time and a sample of Change of Habit, plus a couple other movies, but can't remember which ones off hand.

but not too long after i got the the ttwii the guy also punted it to a few others and of course the rest is history. this too is one reason we only have 4 or so hours of on tour out-takes, instead of 30 or 40 hours..

John

Postby John » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 pm

eaptcb wrote:many years ago, when i obtained the 24 hours of ttwii footage before it was flooded on the market i paid around 6000 euros for it if my bank account remembers.. and was promised on tour out-takes (which hadn't been available anywhere by that time, and the person who offered it said he was awaiting the on tour about 2 hours at that time and a sample of Change of Habit, plus a couple other movies, but can't remember which ones off hand.

but not too long after i got the the ttwii the guy also punted it to a few others and of course the rest is history. this too is one reason we only have 4 or so hours of on tour out-takes, instead of 30 or 40 hours..

So you never saw the CoH footage?

eaptcb

Postby eaptcb » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:26 pm

no just told about it he said thee was around 2 hours, but i think he pissed off his source by punting the other footage to so many people.. and with what happened to the ttwii footage it is little wonder..
maybe one day sooner rather than later, we may get some, although i have seen the On Tour interview in colour, but only on a tv via skype and its not hacked to bits like the bw version we have..

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:25 am

Last edited by Mountain Mist on Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben

Postby Ben » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:46 am

Pacer wrote:
gerry wrote:Aug 7th 1970 red shirt stage rehearsal is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage.

Regarding pleasing fans I think that this was purely about business they would have including some of this footage but simply were unable to.

Same for any EOT or The complete August 7th 1970 rehearsal these are in the vaults of the film companies and EPE should really aquire these film reels.

Then those EPE Archives would be the real deal.

Also I am told that there is a lot of footage from 1977 that remains unseen.

Lastly im starting to thi k now that Zimmy never had access to anything other than the EPE Archi es.

So as good as this HBO special is it could never be as great as it could be.

Lets Talk about the pool interview done in 1977 with Elvis?

It's been so rarely talked about. On any forum.
I would love to hear more speculation about it.
Fans rarely talk about it. They really do
That's a holy grail too.....like the other unreleased 1977 material where he gave it all to the fans and used his operatic voice.
That is something which gets , in my opinion, too rarely talked about.
I am serious.

I don't usually use these, but this is an exception:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bama

Postby Bama » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 pm

NANA wrote:TED TURNER BOUGHT MGM'S VAULT YEARS AGO.. REASON YOU SEE A LOT OF ELVIS MOVIES ON TNT.. ALSO WHY THE NEW "THAT'S THE WAY IT IS WAS REDONE WITH MORE OF ELVIS PERFORMING.. THEY WERE ALL IN A SALT MINE IN UTAH.. SO IF YOU WANT MORE OUT TAKES, OR UNRELEASED PERFORMANCES " TALK TO TED..

Maybe I don't know where Ted lives but if he lives in the Atlanta area maybe I should drive up there and say Ted you need to release the Elvis footage to the World. :lol: He probably wants a high price for it and EPE maybe unwilling to pay for it? IDK Oh just eesearched He lives in Montana oh well

John

Postby John » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Bama wrote:
NANA wrote:TED TURNER BOUGHT MGM'S VAULT YEARS AGO.. REASON YOU SEE A LOT OF ELVIS MOVIES ON TNT.. ALSO WHY THE NEW "THAT'S THE WAY IT IS WAS REDONE WITH MORE OF ELVIS PERFORMING.. THEY WERE ALL IN A SALT MINE IN UTAH.. SO IF YOU WANT MORE OUT TAKES, OR UNRELEASED PERFORMANCES " TALK TO TED..

Maybe I don't know where Ted lives but if he lives in the Atlanta area maybe I should drive up there and say Ted you need to release the Elvis footage to the World. :lol: He probably wants a high price for it and EPE maybe unwilling to pay for it? IDK Oh just eesearched He lives in Montana oh well

Still worth the trip, right?

Bama

Postby Bama » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Bama wrote:

John wrote:Still worth the trip, right?

To Atlanta No To Montana Yes Montana would be a great trip wish I could

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Ben wrote:
Pacer wrote:
gerry wrote:Aug 7th 1970 red shirt stage rehearsal is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage.

Regarding pleasing fans I think that this was purely about business they would have including some of this footage but simply were unable to.

Same for any EOT or The complete August 7th 1970 rehearsal these are in the vaults of the film companies and EPE should really aquire these film reels.

Then those EPE Archives would be the real deal.

Also I am told that there is a lot of footage from 1977 that remains unseen.

Lastly im starting to thi k now that Zimmy never had access to anything other than the EPE Archi es.

So as good as this HBO special is it could never be as great as it could be.

Lets Talk about the pool interview done in 1977 with Elvis?

It's been so rarely talked about. On any forum.
I would love to hear more speculation about it.
Fans rarely talk about it. They really do
That's a holy grail too.....like the other unreleased 1977 material where he gave it all to the fans and used his operatic voice.
That is something which gets , in my opinion, too rarely talked about.
I am serious.

I don't usually use these, but this is an exception:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why? What is so funny?

Return to “Everything Elvis”