The Searcher unreleased On Tour

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
gerry

The Searcher unreleased On Tour

Postby gerry » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:57 pm

Questions please can someone shed some light on this:-

On Tour approx 30 seconds new unseen rehearsal Burning Love

What was this doing in the EPE Archives?

Maybe it wasn't , maybe it was in the MGM/Warner vaults and they secured this short clip....

The original plan was for a lot more of this type footage.

But plans change.

Zimmy got to see whats in those film company vaults?

Why no unseen TTWII even say 30 seconds?

2018 and at least we got a 30 second glimpse at the gems that remain in "Not EPE Archives"

Wonder if much more unseen rehearsal footage exists not just from On Tour but also from 1969 and 1970.

If we could just find out what footage Zimmy saw in the "Not EPE Archives" but in the film companies vaults?

a mess of Polk salad

Re: The Searcher unreleased On Tour

Postby a mess of Polk salad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm

gerry wrote:Questions please can someone shed some light on this:-

Maybe it wasn't , maybe it was in the MGM/Warner vaults and they secured this short clip....

But plans change.

2018 and at least we got a 30 second glimpse at the gems that remain in "Not EPE Archives"

Wonder if much more unseen rehearsal footage exists not just from On Tour but also from 1969 and 1970.

If we could just find out what footage Zimmy saw in the "Not EPE Archives" but in the film companies vaults?

Yes supposed to be more ON TOUR & TTWII - was hoping for red shirt footage from original TTWII - YLTLF - though not new would have been cool cleaned up for the documentary. Likewise 'What'd I Say' rehearsal ...in keeping with his R&B roots ...perhaps it wasnt as suitable as BURNING LOVE - perhaps saving for another project .../the original TTWII has not been released in hi-def....

WalterHaleJnr

Postby WalterHaleJnr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:07 pm

a mess of Polk salad wrote:
gerry wrote:Questions please can someone shed some light on this:-

But plans change.

Yes supposed to be more ON TOUR & TTWII - was hoping for red shirt footage from original TTWII - YLTLF - though not new would have been cool cleaned up for the documentary. Likewise 'What'd I Say' rehearsal ...in keeping with his R&B roots ...perhaps it wasnt as suitable as BURNING LOVE - perhaps saving for another project .../the original TTWII has not been released in hi-def....

Something we'll never know about i'm afraid. I understand how some fans feel especially EOT unreleased stuff but The Searcher was never going to be directed to the diehard fan. I am very keen for this to do very well as it might pave the way to other docos including outtakes from TTWII and On Tour.

What's the saying go?

You can please some of the fans most of the time.
You can please most of the fans some of the time.
But You can't please all of the fans all of the time.

Topic author
gerry

Postby gerry » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm

Aug 7th 1970 red shirt stage rehearsal is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage.

Regarding pleasing fans I think that this was purely about business they would have including some of this footage but simply were unable to.

Same for any EOT or The complete August 7th 1970 rehearsal these are in the vaults of the film companies and EPE should really aquire these film reels.

Then those EPE Archives would be the real deal.

Also I am told that there is a lot of footage from 1977 that remains unseen.

Lastly im starting to thi k now that Zimmy never had access to anything other than the EPE Archi es.

So as good as this HBO special is it could never be as great as it could be.

CharlieScarf
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby CharlieScarf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 pm

I believe the On tour footage is all in the EPE vault. It must be. Are they that stupid that it isnt?

But why show more than 30 seconds? Every year release 30 seconds and people pay a fortune to buy it, you have about 500 years of income. Why release more when we are foolish enough to pay the same for a tiny amount? I don't agree with it, but it's business. When we stop buying every tiny thirty seconds they will have to release.more to.make the releases profitable.
"We'll bring in The Supremes tomorrow night... Mahalia Jackson singing Lead..."

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm

I was never expecting too much of anything from "Elvis-on tour" in the documentary.
We were lucky several years back that loads of on tour footage of rehearsals and on stage escaped.
I think that will have to do it for me.

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 am

cadillac-elvis wrote:I was never expecting too much of anything from "Elvis-on tour" in the documentary.
We were lucky several years back that loads of on tour footage of rehearsals and on stage escaped.

The same happened with a 31 DVD set for TTWII; shot from all kind of camera-angles - black spots where used film was cut. But do I look at these DVD's many times? No, they're stored.

colonel snow

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:12 pm

colonel snow wrote:
cadillac-elvis wrote:I was never expecting too much of anything from "Elvis-on tour" in the documentary.

The same happened with a 31 DVD set for TTWII; shot from all kind of camera-angles - black spots where used film was cut. But do I look at these DVD's many times? No, they're stored.

colonel snow

Same with me, but I did watch them once, and they are in very watchable condition, albiet un-restored.

If we get anything from those two documentaries in the next 5 years in will be a miracle.

NANA
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby NANA » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 pm

TED TURNER BOUGHT MGM'S VAULT YEARS AGO.. REASON YOU SEE A LOT OF ELVIS MOVIES ON TNT.. ALSO WHY THE NEW "THAT'S THE WAY IT IS WAS REDONE WITH MORE OF ELVIS PERFORMING.. THEY WERE ALL IN A SALT MINE IN UTAH.. SO IF YOU WANT MORE OUT TAKES, OR UNRELEASED PERFORMANCES " TALK TO TED..

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:47 pm

NANA wrote:TED TURNER BOUGHT MGM'S VAULT YEARS AGO.. REASON YOU SEE A LOT OF ELVIS MOVIES ON TNT.. ALSO WHY THE NEW "THAT'S THE WAY IT IS WAS REDONE WITH MORE OF ELVIS PERFORMING.. THEY WERE ALL IN A SALT MINE IN UTAH.. SO IF YOU WANT MORE OUT TAKES, OR UNRELEASED PERFORMANCES " TALK TO TED..

Thank you, Nana. :D

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:49 pm

NANA wrote:TED TURNER BOUGHT MGM'S VAULT YEARS AGO.. REASON YOU SEE A LOT OF ELVIS MOVIES ON TNT.. ALSO WHY THE NEW "THAT'S THE WAY IT IS WAS REDONE WITH MORE OF ELVIS PERFORMING.. THEY WERE ALL IN A SALT MINE IN UTAH.. SO IF YOU WANT MORE OUT TAKES, OR UNRELEASED PERFORMANCES " TALK TO TED..

He doesn't seem so much the approachable guy that you talk over a beer in a bar.
And I am a bad Jane Fonda impersonator.
Besides, Elvis on tour for me is meanwhile a bore.....a topic brought up with regularity like the Elvis world tour from 1960 to 1977 was hinted all the time.

Elvis on tour ,twwii.....all fine.,especially ttwii, ...but its like a mantra meanwhile.

eaptcb

Postby eaptcb » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:58 pm

I interviewed Rick Schmidlin a number of years ago in Memphis during Elvis Week, i think it was January 2001. it was about the Special Edition TTWII, and when i told him about the amount of Footage from the 10th Opening Night, and why next to nothing was used, he seemed a bit shocked, but said he was amazed at how little there was for him to work with for the SE.

But while he cataloged everything that there was for TTWII, he also did the same for the On Tour footage, he did also said with the footage for ON TOUR he could easily make 4 completely new films. he did this on the off chance he would get the opportunity to re-make it in the future, or if someone else was to do it, everything is cataloged to make it easier for whoever to start work on it.

unfortunately this to date hasn't happened
There is only one Elvis accept no imitations, and just enjoy the music.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 pm

gerry wrote:Aug 7th 1970 red shirt stage rehearsal is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage.

Regarding pleasing fans I think that this was purely about business they would have including some of this footage but simply were unable to.

Same for any EOT or The complete August 7th 1970 rehearsal these are in the vaults of the film companies and EPE should really aquire these film reels.

Lastly im starting to thi k now that Zimmy never had access to anything other than the EPE Archi es.

Lets Talk about the pool interview done in 1977 with Elvis?

It's been so rarely talked about. On any forum.
I would love to hear more speculation about it.
Fans rarely talk about it. They really do
That's a holy grail too.....like the other unreleased 1977 material where he gave it all to the fans and used his operatic voice.
That is something which gets , in my opinion, too rarely talked about.
I am serious.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Pacer wrote:
gerry wrote:Aug 7th 1970 red shirt stage rehearsal is the Holy Grail of Elvis footage.

Lets Talk about the pool interview done in 1977 with Elvis?

It's been so rarely talked about. On any forum.
I would love to hear more speculation about it.
Fans rarely talk about it. They really do
That's a holy grail too.....like the other unreleased 1977 material where he gave it all to the fans and used his operatic voice.
That is something which gets , in my opinion, too rarely talked about.
I am serious.

I missed a 1977 pool interview with Elvis?

Good, good????

NANA
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby NANA » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:50 am

eaptcb wrote:I interviewed Rick Schmidlin a number of years ago in Memphis during Elvis Week, i think it was January 2001. it was about the Special Edition TTWII, and when i told him about the amount of Footage from the 10th Opening Night, and why next to nothing was used, he seemed a bit shocked, but said he was amazed at how little there was for him to work with for the SE.

But while he cataloged everything that there was for TTWII, he also did the same for the On Tour footage, he did also said with the footage for ON TOUR he could easily make 4 completely new films. he did this on the off chance he would get the opportunity to re-make it in the future, or if someone else was to do it, everything is cataloged to make it easier for whoever to start work on it.

unfortunately this to date hasn't happened

THAT WAS RELEASED IN 2014.. TOOK ALL THE FAN STUFF OUT AND NOTHING BUT E ON STAGE... THERE IS ALSO WHERE THE LEGENDARY PERFORMER TAPES CAME FROM..

Return to “Everything Elvis”