All the Elvis you can take

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: BIG three day Elvis event...

Postby Pacer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm

TonyS wrote:
Pacer wrote:
TonyS wrote:I get that Pacer, and believe it or not I'm not good with big crowds myself either.
What's helped me is my love of photography.
That having something else to do takes my mind off the crowds and makes it so much easier.
Then after the shows etc I'm still not finished, I always have my camera with me and capture things going on behind the scenes.
Just had lunch out with my wife in a very busy bistro and chose a table for two over in a corner as far away from the hussle and bussle as possible. It's just how I am.

Also , i must admit, the fery few times i attended Elvis meetings in germany, albeit in a very smaller manner concerning the event, i found that some(!) elvis fans are a bit strange and not the "i like that strangeness"-kind.

I guess i am not that tolerant, i admit.

I'm a better one on one person.
As an example is the picture below.
Backstage again I prefer to sit back and observe, I wouldn't have this kind of picture otherwise.
IMG_1670.JPG

Understand that. I remember the Elvis The Concert days in 2000 when afterwards tens or sometimes hundreds of persons throwed themself at the TCB band to mingle and get autographs...i didn`t (and that was only the band, not Elvis himself...i guess in reality i would never would have gotten an autograph from him or gotten his attention for a second...cause i am not a pushy person in that area in terms of throwing myself at somebody famous. I rather stand alone in a corner, which is not helping when a famous person is surrounded by a lot of people...smile).
5 years later at an event in Bad Nauheim...we were late night at a bar...me and maybe 8 other people...and Jerry Scheff walked in to get a drink (it was the hotel he stayed in).
Really the place was deserted.....only him, the waiter ans the 7 or 8 people who were with me there.
And 5 of them were getting to him in talked with him for hours as he was nice and willing to chat.
Still , i didn`t go as i didn`t wanted to compete for his attention or bother him...and he sat 5 meters from me with 5 people of my company around).

Are you the one with the pink shirt?
Last edited by Pacer on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:The reason I am on 10 acres - lol

At one with nature and ....
LOUD MUSIC !

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:42 pm

TonyS wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:The reason I am on 10 acres - lol

At one with nature and ....
LOUD MUSIC !

Only when I work out, lol lol lol

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:51 pm

Pacer wrote:
TonyS wrote:
Pacer wrote:
TonyS wrote:I get that Pacer, and believe it or not I'm not good with big crowds myself either.
What's helped me is my love of photography.
That having something else to do takes my mind off the crowds and makes it so much easier.
Then after the shows etc I'm still not finished, I always have my camera with me and capture things going on behind the scenes.
Just had lunch out with my wife in a very busy bistro and chose a table for two over in a corner as far away from the hussle and bussle as possible. It's just how I am.

Also , i must admit, the fery few times i attended Elvis meetings in germany, albeit in a very smaller manner concerning the event, i found that some(!) elvis fans are a bit strange and not the "i like that strangeness"-kind.

I guess i am not that tolerant, i admit.

I'm a better one on one person.
As an example is the picture below.
Backstage again I prefer to sit back and observe, I wouldn't have this kind of picture otherwise.
IMG_1670.JPG

Understand that. I remember the Elvis The Concert days in 2000 when afterwards tens or sometimes hundreds of persons throwed themself at the TCB band to mingle and get autographs...i didn`t (and that was only the band, not Elvis himslef...i guess in reality i would never would have gotten an autograph from him or gotten his attention for a second...cause i am not a pushy person in that area in terms of throwing myself at somebody famous. I rather stand alone in a corner, which is not helping when a famous person is surrounded by a lot of people...smile).
5 years later at an event in Bad Nauheim...we were late night at a bar...me and maybe 8 other people...and Jerry Scheff walked in to get a drink (it was the hotel he stayed in).
Really the place was deserted.....only him, the waiter ans the 7 or 8 people who were with me there.
And 5 of them were getting to him in talked with him for hours as he was nice and willing to chat.
Still , i didn`t go as i didn`t wanted to compete for his attention or bother him...and he sat 5 meters from me with 5 people of my company around).

Are you the one with the pink shirt?

The TCB-Band came here, I think in 2007 ish. All the Elvis impersonators who dressed up in their costumes, just to attend, made the venue feel weird.

It was good to see the TCB-Band on stage, although sad to watch Elvis on the big screen. I did not go up to anyone afterwards, it felt weird.

When I see well known people in person, I feel that they have enough people bothering them, and it isn't good manners to interrupt their private time, including a captive audience, in an elevator, for instance, which has happened before.

Ohh a famous comedian here, with his girlfriend/wife, she nearly burnt me with a cigarette that was in her hand, when I was in Melbourne, I still just smiled and acknowledged them politely, as if I did not know who they were.

Shane Bourne it was, he is very funny.

Years ago, Sandi Miller also offered for me to talk to people she knew, including Patti Perry, I did not want to disturb Patti.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:07 pm

It was good to see the TCB-Band on stage, although sad to watch Elvis on the big screen.

I attended in 1999 the opening night in Hamburg of Elvis The Concert in europe (after UK of course, but that`s an island;-) )
I came with very low expactations to that concert...but it blew me away and gave me chills down my spines (ok, i must admit with opening night in europe...the band and all the singers gave a huge extra effort into the show, ...i admit 2 weeks later in another town in germany some of the high spirit of the show and its members (namely the TCB-Band and the singers) went away.
But opening night 1999 in Hamburg as the first concert of them here....that was my ultimate experience i ever had in terms of elvis.
And it was the first time that i enjoed the 70`s elvis too.
Before, i admit, watchting TTWII or EOT never did anything for me - unlike most fans.

Only after that concert i appreciated the 70`s Elvis too....because his power never came across before on the 70`s videos for me.
I was more exited with his old 50`s videos or his movies.
It took me this concert to like some live elvis too.

And the sound was exceptional for me too - on opening night.
Like i said..the effort they did put in on that night was never the same afterwards...on that night ..additionally to the singers on stage...on two songs they had a total of 150 singers (local choir) on both sides of the stage on only two, but neuralgic , numbers - bridge and trilogy. Unexpected !! And not be seen or heard earlier in the concert.
but when they came on...boy...that was something.

i never experienced that later on, and they never made that effort later on (no 150 people extra choir etc, not the same spirit from the tcb band or the inspirations or the stamps)...thats why in later years i didn`t bother to attend another Elvis-The Concert event again.
Last edited by Pacer on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:15 pm

Pacer wrote:
It was good to see the TCB-Band on stage, although sad to watch Elvis on the big screen.

I attended in 1999 the opening night in Hamburg of Elvis The Concert in europe (after UK of course, but that`s an island;-) )
I came with very low expactations to that concert...but it blew me away and gave me chills down my spines (ok, i must admit with opening night in europe...the band and all the singers gave a huge extra effort into the show, ...i admit 2 weeks later in another town in germany some of the high spirit of the show and its members (namely the TCB-Band and the singers) went away.
But opening night 1999 in Hmaburg as the first concert of them here....that was my ultimate experience i ever had in terms of elvis.
And it wa sthe first time that i enjoed the 70`s elvis too.
Before, i admit, watchting TTWII or EOT never did anything for me - unlike most fans.

Only after that concert i appreciated the 70`s Elvis too....because his power never came across before on the 70`s videos for me.
I was more exited with his old 50`s videos or his movies.
It took me this concert to like some live elvis too.

And the soudn was exceptional for me too - on opening night.
Like i said..the effort they did put in on that night was never the same afterwards...on that night ..additionally to the singers on stage...on two songs they had 150 singers on each side on only two, but neuralgic , numbers - bridge and trilogy.
but when they came on...boy...that was something.

i never experienced that later on, and they never made that effort later on (no 150 people extra choir etc, not the same spirit from the tcb babd or the inspirations or the stamps)...thats why in later years i didn`t bother to attend another Elvis-The Concert event again.

It was so good that you had that experience, although sad that they did not repeat the effort, as you say.

The one I went to, is the only one I attended, too.

From my seat, I could see Ronnie Tutt really well, and was fascinated with watching him, as the seating was to the side of the stage, so I was close, and could look right through.

Myrna Smith was great, it felt surreal to me, I think I was dizzy, it was too much to take in after all the expectation.

I wondered what it would be like to see Elvis in person, seeing him on the huge screen, which seemed to project who he was, rather than a television, somehow, although, I still felt sad, too.

Wow, we did not have any additional singers like that - that would have been spine tingling, I always love that type of surprise, my heart leaps.

I remember Trilogy taking me away, as I have always loved it, I wish I had gone twice, so that the surreal feeling may have left me, and I would have taken more in.

Pacer
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Pacer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:32 pm

I only witnessed the additional 150 singers on opening night 1999.
After that concert never again.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Pacer wrote:I only witnessed the additional 150 singers on opening night 1999.
After that concert never again.

I fell asleep, lol.

It would have been absolutely beautiful, you lucky thing.

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 pm

A nice little surprise is coming up regarding this event in a couple of weeks.
Sorry, I can't tell you anymore just yet. ;)

Elvisinvegas

Postby Elvisinvegas » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 am

Didn’t know the relevant place to post this or whether it has been posted previously but there’s a short documentary on the elvis porthcawl festival airing BBC1 20th June.

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/m-detail/3016 ... bout-elvis

Topic author
TonyS
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby TonyS » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:19 pm

image.jpeg

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:21 pm

TonyS wrote:image.jpeg