2 new november 2017 FTD releases

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
HD_RES

2 new november 2017 FTD releases

Postby HD_RES » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Info just in.....2 new FTD releases for this month.(and the delayed Roustabout vinyl)
Release date is november 17 but thats the shipping date from denmark to dealers
To me a yawn and im too lazy to include covers but here is the info:

Kissing Cousins:
As part of its CLASSIC ALBUM series, FTD is pleased to announce the release of the original soundtrack album for “KISSIN’ COUSINS.” It features unreleased outtakes, rarities and an informative illustrated 16-page booklet with rare memorabilia, movie trivia and photos. Due to the small amount of existing outtakes (as Elvis didn’t record with the band) it includes instrumental masters recorded at the RCA Studio in Nashville that show the great musicianship of the players.

THE ORIGINAL ALBUM

SIDE 1
01 Kissin’ Cousins (Number 2)
02 Smokey Mountain Boy
03 There’s Gold In The Mountains
04 One Boy Two Little Girls
05 Catchin’ On Fast
06 Tender Feeling

SIDE 2
07 Anyone (Could Fall in Love with You)
08 Barefoot Ballad
09 Once Is Enough
10 Kissin’ Cousins
ALSO
11 Echoes Of Love
12 (It’s a) Long Lonely Highway

OUTTAKES, UNEDITED MASTERS, TRACKS & INSTRUMENTALS

13 Kissin’ Cousins (Number 2) (unedited master)*
14 Catchin’ On Fast (unedited master)*
15 Anyone (Could Fall in Love with You) (v.o. take 2/alternate master)*
16 Kissin’ Cousins (hillbilly vocal)*
17 Kissin’ Cousins (regular vocal)*
18 Barefoot Ballad (vocal overdub, take 2 & pickup take 4 - partial)*
19 Barefoot Ballad (instrumental)*
20 There’s Gold In The Mountains (instrumental)*
21 Pappy Won’t You Please Come Home (Dolores Edgin vocal, take 6/M)*
22 There’s Gold In The Mountains (track, takes 1-2)*
23 One Boy Two Little Girls (track, take 2)*
24 Once Is Enough (track, take 1)*
25 Tender Feeling (track, take 1)*
26 Kissin’ Cousins (Number 2) (track, take 1)*
27 Smokey Mountain Boy (track, take 1-intro & take 4/M)*
28 Catchin’ On Fast (track, take 1 & ending take 2)*
29 Barefoot Ballad (track, take 2)* 3:06
30 Anyone (Could Fall in Love with You) (track, take 4)*
31 Kissin’ Cousins (track, take 1)* 1:49
32 Tender Feeling (vocal only, take 1/M)* 2:39

* previously unreleased

ELVIS – THE BICENTENNIAL SHOW
FTD is pleased to announce the release of the legendary BICENTENNIAL SHOW. This a 2-CD 5” digipack release. ELVIS – THE BICENTENNIAL SHOW

DISC 1: Recorded live at Mabee Center, Oral Roberts University,
Tulsa, Oklahoma July 4, 1976 at 2:30 PM

01 Also Sprach Zarathustra
02 See See Rider
03 I Got A Woman / Amen
04 Love Me
05 If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
06 You Gave Me A Mountain
07 America
08 All Shook Up
09 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear /
Don’t Be Cruel
10 And I Love You So
11 Jailhouse Rock
12 Fever
13 An American Trilogy
14 Introductions / Early Mornin’ Rain
15 What’d I Say (incomplete)
16 Love Letters
17 School Days
18 Hurt
19 Help Me
20 Hound Dog
21 Funny How Time Slips Away
22 How Great Thou Art
23 Little Darlin’
24 Can’t Help Falling In Love
25 Closing Vamp

Disc 2
Tracks 1-23 Recorded live at Duluth Arena, Duluth, Minnesota
October 16, 1976 at 8:30 PM
Tracks 24-28 Recorded live at Dane County Coliseum, Madison, Wisconsin
October 19, 1976 at 8:30 PM

01 Also Sprach Zarathustra
02 See See Rider
03 I Got A Woman / Amen
04 Love Me
05 If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
06 You Gave Me A Mountain
07 Jailhouse Rock
08 All Shook Up
09 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don’t Be Cruel
10 And I Love You So
11 Fever
12 Steamroller Blues
13 Introductions /Early Mornin’ Rain
14 What’d I Say / Johnny B. Goode
15 Love Letters
16 School Days (incomplete)
17 Hurt
18 Hound Dog
19 It’s Now Or Never
20 How Great Thou Art
21 Blue Christmas
22 Can’t Help Falling In Love
23 Closing Vamp

BONUS SONGS
24 Hawaiian Wedding Song
25 Steamroller Blues
26 America
27 Love Me Tender
28 Blue Suede Shoes

Source: Flaming Star and FECC

Matt Helm

Re: 2 new november 2017 FTD releases

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:37 pm

THANK YOU! HD_RES...KISSIN' COUSINS is a very very fine welcome...THE BICENTENNIAL (Legendary?! mah boy mah boy...) is a nice to have for my Collection...but that's it. Sorry for the ROUSTABOUT Vinyl, but so what. Thx a lot for the info, superb. Matt

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:13 pm

One has to wonder who exactly is prioritising what FTD is releasing and why. Kissin Cousins, fine. It was going to come out sooner or later - although why the mono masters aren't included is anybody's guess given the lack of unreleased material and outtakes. But ANOTHER release from 1976 - and not even from the March tour which so far hasn't been represented on FTD at all, despite being good for the period. When I look at lists of legendary live shows by great artists, I have never seen this one from Elvis turn up on the list. I realise that FTD is clearly running out of material, but when there are still 2 unreleased shows from 1969, virtually all of the TTWII rehearsals yet to appear officially, and the 1956/7 TV shows in dire need of audio upgrade, having last been available in 1998, one has to wonder who is coming up with this release strategy. I'd even be happy for FTD to re-release the Jan/Feb 1972 multitracks considering how bad they sounded on American Trilogy release. Pair them up with the soundboard of the opening night, a show which deserves to be released officially anyway. It's almost as if material for release is being chosen at random. "Oh look, that tape fell on the floor, let's release that."

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:22 pm

With all of my respect for you shanebrown, what's up buddy? i Like your Book, yes i have only your 1st edition, but so what. You are posting about a FTD forthcoming...can't understand this post, sorry,...and i am not crazy about another FTD two 1976 concerts...NO! But so what, Matt

StefanKock

Postby StefanKock » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Both seem to be nice releases. Not much of a movie songs fan, but nevertheless it will be very nice to have. The '76 concerts seems a nice release too and as a collector, I welcome a 1976 soundboard version of 'American Trilogy'.

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Matt Helm wrote:With all of my respect for you shanebrown, what's up buddy? i Like your Book, yes i have only your 1st edition, but so what. You are posting about a FTD forthcoming...can't understand this post, sorry,...and i am not crazy about another FTD two 1976 concerts...NO! But so what, Matt

It's a discussion board. We're here to discuss.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:51 pm

Yes shanebrown, i know...but please let the FTD's comin' in!....With my very full respect, Matt

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Yes shanebrown, i know...but please let the FTD's comin' in!....With my very full respect, Matt

So, it's a discussion board, except when it's FTD, when we're not allowed to discuss the pros and cons of them?

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:06 pm

shanebrown wrote:
Matt Helm wrote:With all of my respect for you shanebrown, what's up buddy? i Like your Book, yes i have only your 1st edition, but so what. You are posting about a FTD forthcoming...can't understand this post, sorry,...and i am not crazy about another FTD two 1976 concerts...NO! But so what, Matt

It's a discussion board. We're here to discuss.

Yes, it is and I totally agree with you.

And I believe they are holding back. The proof will be that something good will come out, that should have come out alot earlier.

yes, if a 1976 show is on the schedule, then please put out one from a non-released tour.

John

Postby John » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:30 pm

shanebrown wrote:One has to wonder who exactly is prioritising what FTD is releasing and why. Kissin Cousins, fine. It was going to come out sooner or later - although why the mono masters aren't included is anybody's guess given the lack of unreleased material and outtakes. But ANOTHER release from 1976 - and not even from the March tour which so far hasn't been represented on FTD at all, despite being good for the period. When I look at lists of legendary live shows by great artists, I have never seen this one from Elvis turn up on the list. I realise that FTD is clearly running out of material, but when there are still 2 unreleased shows from 1969, virtually all of the TTWII rehearsals yet to appear officially, and the 1956/7 TV shows in dire need of audio upgrade, having last been available in 1998, one has to wonder who is coming up with this release strategy. I'd even be happy for FTD to re-release the Jan/Feb 1972 multitracks considering how bad they sounded on American Trilogy release. Pair them up with the soundboard of the opening night, a show which deserves to be released officially anyway. It's almost as if material for release is being chosen at random. "Oh look, that tape fell on the floor, let's release that."

I'd say the strategy is very clear. If they put out the really good stuff now, a lot of us would stop buying anything else. As it is, we'll keep buying to the end., except I see that more and more people are saying they will no longer buy the live stuff.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Sorry folks...we are writing/talking about an announcement from FTD...keep cool, where is the problem? It's our hobby and fun .... AND NOT THE REAL LIFE!!!...so let's cool it a bit, only my opinion. Matt

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Matt Helm wrote:Sorry folks...we are writing/talking about an announcement from FTD...keep cool, where is the problem? It's our hobby and fun .... AND NOT THE REAL LIFE!!!...so let's cool it a bit, only my opinion. Matt

I think you're the only one with the problem.

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:41 pm

John wrote:
shanebrown wrote:One has to wonder who exactly is prioritising what FTD is releasing and why. Kissin Cousins, fine. It was going to come out sooner or later - although why the mono masters aren't included is anybody's guess given the lack of unreleased material and outtakes. But ANOTHER release from 1976 - and not even from the March tour which so far hasn't been represented on FTD at all, despite being good for the period. When I look at lists of legendary live shows by great artists, I have never seen this one from Elvis turn up on the list. I realise that FTD is clearly running out of material, but when there are still 2 unreleased shows from 1969, virtually all of the TTWII rehearsals yet to appear officially, and the 1956/7 TV shows in dire need of audio upgrade, having last been available in 1998, one has to wonder who is coming up with this release strategy. I'd even be happy for FTD to re-release the Jan/Feb 1972 multitracks considering how bad they sounded on American Trilogy release. Pair them up with the soundboard of the opening night, a show which deserves to be released officially anyway. It's almost as if material for release is being chosen at random. "Oh look, that tape fell on the floor, let's release that."

I'd say the strategy is very clear. If they put out the really good stuff now, a lot of us would stop buying anything else. As it is, we'll keep buying to the end., except I see that more and more people are saying they will no longer buy the live stuff.

Yes, and I think people are even saying no to the non-live stuff when it is being spread out so thinly.

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:56 pm

shanebrown wrote:
Matt Helm wrote:Sorry folks...we are writing/talking about an announcement from FTD...keep cool, where is the problem? It's our hobby and fun .... AND NOT THE REAL LIFE!!!...so let's cool it a bit, only my opinion. Matt

Hey forum pal...what is YOUR problem?! I'm writing/talking about, let the FTD's coming in..i have no problem on this board, with all of my respect shanebrown. Matt

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Matt Helm wrote:
shanebrown wrote:

Hey forum pal...what is YOUR problem?! I'm writing/talking about, let the FTD's coming in..i have no problem on this board, with all of my respect shanebrown. Matt

You're the one who wants us to keep quiet and not write anything. If an announcement is made of forthcoming releases, then it's going to be discussed. What is your problem with that?

Return to “Everything Elvis”