Late 2017 FTD releases?

All the Elvis you can take

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Re: Late 2017 FTD releases?

Postby Graeme » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:57 am

Hah! That is a strange one.

Some record numbers varied from country to country so it's hard to know which one people are talking about sometimes.

However, though I'd get it on some albums, I'd get it more on UK singles, 78 and 45 rpm just as well over title. Prefer it even more if it's about releases on singles as many songs were released over the years on differing numbers. So a big YES use the numbers if you are talking about the differing actual releases. A big NO if you're talking to the world about a specific release which could have been assigned a different number in different countries.

Do the words "clear" and "mud" spring to mind?

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 am

When I speak about Elvis' music, I always take as a reference the original USA discography. This is not to dismiss other discographies, but I guess this should be the standard procedure, just as I take the UK discography as a reference for The Beatles' work.

There are far too many variations worldwide to care about them when you talk about a specific release, as I was doing above.

Not to mention that FTD is basing its release schedule on the USA releases.

Excuse me folks, but I really feel that using reference numbers of records in a place like this shouldn't be a strange thing. Another thing is what happens in the reality.

If most people here prefer to discuss about ex-wives, ex-lovers, (ex-)bloodsuckers and defibrilators it's not my problem.

colonel snow

Postby colonel snow » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am

I support Mr Moon; every fan should know what's talking about when Mr Moon mention LPM 1382 - LPM 1707. I can understand that you don't know the catalogue numbers from the 70's and later on.

colonel snow

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

Mister Moon wrote:
Any philosophers here that can help me ? :)

I'm the same as Colin, I wouldn't know one LPM from another. I don't think he's having a go at you, he probably hasn't had his Weetabix and coffee yet.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:05 am

Mister Moon wrote:...Excuse me folks, but I really feel that using reference numbers of records in a place like this shouldn't be a strange thing. Another thing is what happens in the reality.

If most people here prefer to discuss about ex-wives, ex-lovers, (ex-)bloodsuckers and defibrilators it's not my problem.

Oh, I love to discuss his music & the way it is released !

But, it's all about communicating clearly !

If I was to post that I thought that the release with Catalogue Number 506020 975070 was one of the more interesting ones, how many readers would realise that I was talking about the FTD 2-CD This is Elvis from 2015 ?

Precious few, I would suggest...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Mister Moon wrote:If most people here prefer to discuss about ex-wives, ex-lovers, (ex-)bloodsuckers and defibrilators it's not my problem.

Please use the relevant model number when referring to defibrulators.

In the UK there were differing voltages to the US models and so please also quote the serial number along with the model number just so we know what everyone's talking about. :D

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Mister Moon wrote:If most people here prefer to discuss about ex-wives, ex-lovers, (ex-)bloodsuckers and defibrilators it's not my problem.
Graeme wrote:Please use the relevant model number when referring to defibrulators.
In the UK there were differing voltages to the US models and so please also quote the serial number along with the model number just so we know what everyone's talking about. :D

Be careful, your tongue might make a hole in that cheek...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:56 pm

colonel snow wrote:I support Mr Moon; every fan should know what's talking about when Mr Moon mention LPM 1382 - LPM 1707. I can understand that you don't know the catalogue numbers from the 70's and later on.

Colonel, you are obviously a man of great class and knowledge.

1254, 1382, 1515, 1035, 1707, 1884, 1990, 2075 - without looking, but I'm missing one. I think "Elvis Is Back !" is 2231.

;)

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Any philosophers here that can help me ? :)

Yes!

Well, I do have a degree in philosophy. And I did research in philosophy at uni too. Dunno if that makes me a genuine or good philosopher, though :-D
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Mister Moon

Postby Mister Moon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Suspicious Minds wrote:

Yes!

Well, I do have a degree in philosophy. And I did research in philosophy at uni too. Dunno if that makes me a genuine or good philosopher, though :-D

That's very cool, SM !

So, why do we have a tendency of dismissing the minorities, and thinking that majorities are always right ?

Why there's always somebody who reminds you, in a certain discussion, that you are in the minority, as if that would necessarily mean that they are right and you are wrong.

All through my life, I have always found the most interesting and reliable people among different minorities, and also seen that often majorities are a shelter for the worst kind of individuals.

Graeme
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Graeme » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Colin B wrote:
Graeme wrote:Please use the relevant model number when referring to defibrulators.

Be careful, your tongue might make a hole in that cheek...

I don't normally laugh at any gags I post, but I found myself in stiches when I couldn't resist writing the above.

I stopped laughing, well more snickering, a while ago, until you quoted it.

Now you've set me off again :D

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:

Yes!

That's very cool, SM !

So, why do we have a tendency of dismissing the minorities, and thinking that majorities are always right ?

Because people are like sheep, they follow. They don't stop and think for themselves or they're frightened of making fools of themselves. I don't think the majority is always right, but am I in the minority?

This discussion could get tricky.

Suspicious Minds

Postby Suspicious Minds » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:19 pm

John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:

Yes!

That's very cool, SM !

Because people are like sheep, they follow. They don't stop and think for themselves or they're frightened of making fools of themselves. I don't think the majority is always right, but am I in the minority?

Hot damn, my reply to Mr. Moon's questions has gone up in smoke. The digital galaxy has swallowed it. :twisted: When I hit the submit button, I was requested to log in again and gone with the wind my reply was. Ooohh, I'm such a dumb-ass, I should have saved it as draft. Oh well, it's not such a loss :lol:

To summarise: mass psychology - evolutionary biology/psychology - survival strategy - monkey see, monkey do - mirroring thoughts & behaviour patterns - and bla, bla, bla. That's it, basically. :mrgreen:
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

John

Postby John » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Suspicious Minds wrote:
John wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:
Suspicious Minds wrote:

Yes!

That's very cool, SM !

Hot damn, my reply to Mr. Moon's questions has gone up in smoke. The digital galaxy has swallowed it. :twisted: When I hit the submit button, I was requested to log in again and gone with the wind my reply was. Ooohh, I'm such a dumb-ass, I should have saved it as draft. Oh well, it's not such a loss :lol:

To summarise: mass psychology - evolutionary biology/psychology - survival strategy - monkey see, monkey do - mirroring thoughts & behaviour patterns - and bla, bla, bla. That's it, basically. :mrgreen:

Strange forces are at work.

javilu

Postby javilu » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:40 pm

Now that made me lol.

Return to “Everything Elvis”