December 1975 Las Vegas setlist - "The Bitter The Tears"?

All the Elvis you can take

Topic author
HillbillyCat

December 1975 Las Vegas setlist - "The Bitter The Tears"?

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:13 am

Just stumbled upon a setlist for the December 1975 Hilton Hotel season from The Bruce Jackson Collection currently offered on rockhurstauctions.com (btw: they currently offered a huge amount of documents there). The list also includes the (crossed out) song entry "The Bitter The Tears". Does anyone know anything about this song? I couldn't find anything about it in a hurry search on google. If it was on the list, then it was probably at least rehearsed.

(Source: https://rockhurstauctions.com/1975_Elvi ... 10796.aspx)
1975-12 Hilton Hotel Las Vegas NV Setlist.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yin Yang

Re: December 1975 Las Vegas setlist - "The Bitter The Tears"?

Postby Yin Yang » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:32 pm

Could be "Bitter they are, harder they fall". Written by Larry Gatlin and recorded for "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" on Febryary 2, 1976.

Topic author
HillbillyCat

Postby HillbillyCat » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:15 pm

Yin Yang wrote:Could be "Bitter they are, harder they fall". Written by Larry Gatlin and recorded for "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" on Febryary 2, 1976.

Yes, of course, you're most probably right! "Bitter they are..." is the first song he recorded after that Vegas season and according to Jørgensen's "A Life In Music" he was already thinking of recording that song for a studio/live album in the fall of 1975.

reg

Postby reg » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:16 am

HillbillyCat wrote:Just stumbled upon a setlist for the December 1975 Hilton Hotel season from The Bruce Jackson Collection currently offered on rockhurstauctions.com (btw: they currently offered a huge amount of documents there). The list also includes the (crossed out) song entry "The Bitter The Tears". Does anyone know anything about this song? I couldn't find anything about it in a hurry search on google. If it was on the list, then it was probably at least rehearsed.

(Source: https://rockhurstauctions.com/1975_Elvi ... 10796.aspx)
1975-12 Hilton Hotel Las Vegas NV Setlist.jpeg

i listened to all my showa from then and im sure that song is softly as I leave you, it was done in the show right at then, and done almost evry show and the words talk about tears.

Return to “Everything Elvis”