It's Midnight (Listen Cilla)

Movies, TV and You Tube

Topic author
elvislady

It's Midnight (Listen Cilla)

Postby elvislady » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Suspicious Minds

Re: It's Midnight (Listen Cilla)

Postby Suspicious Minds » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:03 pm

That's from the infamous 'Desert Storm' show, right? Closing Show Vegas, August '74.

Oooh, that was one hell of a 'weird' show...

Here's 'Mountain':

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2NfJ9ge17Y
Don't take yourself too seriously ;-)

Topic author
elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:38 am

Its from Hilton September 2, 1974. Show, here is some dialog

Thank you SM.

"This is REQUIRED listening for any Elvis fan. It's stunning! Almost everything he sings is done drastically different than it has ever been done before. The versions of ‘It’s Midnight’ and ‘You Gave Me A Mountain’ are downright frightening in their desolation. Priscilla was in the audience and she must have been beside herself. I mean, I like both these songs and always have, but can you imagine being the woman character in the songs?

From that point of view, the two songs can be a little disconcerting, and Elvis sang both of them with Priscilla in the audience. He even says, "listen Cilla" during 'It's Midnight'. Sure, after "Mountain" he explains that the song is not about him and Priscilla, but his rendition on this night is the most personal reading he has ever gave. When he screams, "she took my reason for living!" (and he does scream it) it's extremely creepy!

Anyone who says Elvis was in a good mood this night is crazy. I've never heard Elvis slip into profanity so much onstage. There's some fun in parts of the show, but there is a serious edge to Elvis' voice during this show that is scary. He mentions having a toothache at one point, and I wonder if he is perhaps taking a little something to kill the pain. Well... more than a little something.

The "I'll break your goddamned neck you son of a bitch!" line during the "Drugs Dialogue" is just unbelievable. I can't believe he stood onstage in front of people and said these things. I'd read about this for years, and somehow never really believed it was quite as bad as it is when you finally hear it. I constantly found myself saying "Oh my God Elvis! What the Hell are you thinking?" This show is constantly shocking. In the beginning of 'Softly As I Leave You' he actually seems annoyed with the audience and asks that they be quiet so he can tell the story of the song. Of course, after that, he goes on to praise the audience for the rest of the show. He's just so strange throughout this show. He doesn't even sound like himself towards the end when he tells the audience that they paid for his jewelry. I do kinda like the fact that he says he knows that Col. Parker is off playing Roulette. That was a great little aside.

Then, Elvis actually mentioning Mike Stone by name and saying that he's no stud! Good God! And with Priscilla and Lisa Marie in the audience. Unbelievable!

This is like the Barbara Walters Interview Elvis never gave. It's extremely revealing and eye opening and incredible. I recommend this disc very highly on shock value alone. The sound is good and Elvis' voice is fine, but the star of this show is his personal life, which is on display. I'm not surprised Bill Cosby disappeared before Elvis could introduce him..."

-----------

And so ended this fascinating run of shows. What began as a promising new direction skidded to a halt two weeks later in the mess of paranoia and raw emotions heard here. After taking a short break he was back on the road by the end of the month, in a state that would make this show seem positively coherent in comparison...
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

That SOB mike stone is now hiding somewhere in the Philippines.
ImageImage

Topic author
elvislady

Postby elvislady » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Private Presley wrote:That SOB mike stone is now hiding somewhere in the Philippines.

He been there since early 80s, With his 3rd wife..
Welcome to my world

Thank you ( Jeanette )

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Private Presley wrote:That SOB mike stone is now hiding somewhere in the Philippines.

So is the bastard who stole my father's estate when he died, robbing me and one of my sister's of our inheritance.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:18 pm

John wrote:So is the bastard who stole my father's estate when he died, robbing me and one of my sister's of our inheritance.

That sounds like a fascinating story, John !
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Colin B wrote:
John wrote:So is the bastard who stole my father's estate when he died, robbing me and one of my sister's of our inheritance.

That sounds like a fascinating story, John !

It's a long one. I'll tell you sometime, if we meet again for a drink.

Private Presley

Postby Private Presley » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:27 pm

John wrote:

So is the bastard who stole my father's estate when he died, robbing me and one of my sister's of our inheritance.

I am sorry, John. So it seems Philippines is a hiding place for bastards and SOBs.
ImageImage

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Colin B wrote:That sounds like a fascinating story, John !
John wrote:It's a long one. I'll tell you sometime, if we meet again for a drink.

I have visited Manila in the Philippines but it was long before the above incidents.

I got stung by a street money-changer who gave me worthless notes for my Hong Kong dollars.
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Ben

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:32 pm

You'll have to come to Leeds and tell me that story John

John

Postby John » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Ben wrote:You'll have to come to Leeds and tell me that story John

Long way to go to tell it. I might write it up.

Ben

Postby Ben » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:56 pm

That sounds like a good idea. I'll send a pen

Return to “The King On Screen”