Mountain Mist wrote:
Is she a Narcissist, John?
It seems to be a very prevalent personality disorder for "modern woman/man".
If so, everyone should run for the hills, (sadly).
1. Doesn't have empathy
2. Thinks only of oneself
3. World revolves around that person
4. If someone crosses them, they will try and destroy the person
5. Insatiable attention seeker
6. Needs special treatment above everyone else
8. Makes up stories without any conscious, tries to get others to take their side (like school children)
9. Envious of others, haughty, needs admiration
She is. She ticks every one of those boxes. I could write a book and give you examples for each of the above. I'd never encountered this type of personality before and it shocked me. She's also something of a sociopath.
Oh gosh, John, I am so sorry, and your poor kids, too (she will be looking for narc supply, and she will go for someone next, there always has to be someone for narc's to take their frustration out on, they cannot heal nor be helped, as they don't have their own personalities (they change who they are, depending on whom they are with) and are oblivious to how they upset people, all they have is their own calculating behaviour.
If you need some videos on how to unwind on that stuff, let me know and I'll post them here - reading and hearing so many men's experiences, it is rife and heartbreaking, and people do need to understand how a narc's mind works, so that they can detach from how they were treated and move on.