CHANGE OF HABIT

Continuity gaffes and other mistakes [mostly] in Elvis movies

Topic author
Matt Helm

CHANGE OF HABIT

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 pm

With all of my respect for this movie for the ELVIS World ...i don't like it, (it's the same with LIVE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE one of the worst ever, beside PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE)...his hairstyle changes most every 4-8 minutes, man this is a real Bloober in COH... can't even follow the whole movie for this matters ;) Love & Peace, Matt

Colin B

Re: CHANGE OF HABIT

Postby Colin B » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Well, I reckon the Change of Habit film is one of his best [if not the best].

Little continuity errors don't detract from my enjoyment of it...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:33 am

Matt Helm wrote:With all of my respect for this movie for the ELVIS World ...i don't like it, (it's the same with LIVE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE one of the worst ever, beside PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE)...his hairstyle changes most every 4-8 minutes, man this is a real Bloober in COH... can't even follow the whole movie for this matters ;) Love & Peace, Matt

Which movies are more to your liking, Matt?

I really liked these movies, I was not looking for fault, though, I guess I was a little girl, watching Elvis, lol. ;)

CharlieScarf
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby CharlieScarf » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm

This is a decent film. The subject matter was never going to set the movie world on fire, but it tells a decent story and I find it quite enjoyable. I think the songs ruin it completely. Elvis looks good in my opinion, always liked his look here. What's strange is that in the UK it has a PG rating, the "rape" scene and rage reduction scenes should at least be "12" under our censorship guidelines. I guess the BBFC who do the classification didn't fully watch it assuming an Elvis movie would be tame enough for everyone. Some decent jokes in it too.
"We'll bring in The Supremes tomorrow night... Mahalia Jackson singing Lead..."

Norman
Inactive - Lurker
Inactive - Lurker

Postby Norman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I really enjoyed Change of Habit. Before I saw the movie, I didn't believe that could happen. But there was enough in the movie for me to want to see the movie again and again.

Topic author
Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Mountain Mist wrote:
Matt Helm wrote:With all of my respect for this movie for the ELVIS World ...i don't like it, (it's the same with LIVE A LITTLE, LOVE A LITTLE one of the worst ever, beside PARADISE HAWAIIAN STYLE)...his hairstyle changes most every 4-8 minutes, man this is a real Bloober in COH... can't even follow the whole movie for this matters ;) Love & Peace, Matt

I really liked these movies, I was not looking for fault, though, I guess I was a little girl, watching Elvis, lol. ;)

I can not follow this movie LALAL, the script the whole story, don't you Mountain Mist? He looks healthy and good, the songs are a little bit 60's psychedlic-style cool...but the whole plot is one of a mess, don't you think so? IT WAS NOT AN ELVIS PRESLEY Movie, it is one of the "rare Elvis-Movie-Moments" nobody outside the ELVIS World ever remembers... ;) Matt

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:57 pm

Matt Helm wrote:
Mountain Mist wrote:

I can not follow this movie LALAL, the script the whole story, don't you Mountain Mist? He looks healthy and good, the songs are a little bit 60's psychedlic-style cool...but the whole plot is one of a mess, don't you think so? IT WAS NOT AN ELVIS PRESLEY Movie, it is one of the "rare Elvis-Movie-Moments" nobody outside the ELVIS World ever remembers... ;) Matt

I must admit, as an adult, I rarely, if ever, watch Elvis' movies.

I liked the feel of the movie, the playfulness between Elvis and Michelle, Elvis on a beach, Elvis driving the jeep, Elvis with the dogs, the dogs on the lounge being funny, the whole thing, lol

:D :D :D LOL

cadillac-elvis

Postby cadillac-elvis » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:41 pm

I have always liked "live a little love a little' ever since I saw it on late night TV back in about 1974 or so.

There is a plot. It's boy meets quirky girl. The chemistry between them is good.
The songs had improved from a few years ago. It's a movie not a musical, and each song fits the scene.
There are some very unrealistic scenes in the movie, but hey, it's a movie. It's Elvis escapism.
I like the late 1960's vibe. The scenes with Elvis and the delivery kid are funny.
the "edge of reality" scene is the one of his best choreographed scenes. Great song.
the whole idea of a guy who has 2 jobs in the same building is great escapism. Only Elvis could pull it off.
"Tell him I am here with the truth.....the truth is ...I need a job" . Great stuff.

I also saw Change of habit around the same time, and it also is a lasting favorite of mine.

Again, not a musical, just the right amount of songs, plus they were able to snag a great American studio's track with "Rubberneckin'".
So cool.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:I have always liked "live a little love a little' ever since I saw it on late night TV back in about 1974 or so.

There is a plot. It's boy meets quirky girl. The chemistry between them is good.
The songs had improved from a few years ago. It's a movie not a musical, and each song fits the scene.
There are some very unrealistic scenes in the movie, but hey, it's a movie. It's Elvis escapism.
I like the late 1960's vibe. The scenes with Elvis and the delivery kid are funny.
the "edge of reality" scene is the one of his best choreographed scenes. Great song.
the whole idea of a guy who has 2 jobs in the same building is great escapism. Only Elvis could pull it off.
"Tell him I am here with the truth.....the truth is ...I need a job" . Great stuff.

I also saw Change of habit around the same time, and it also is a lasting favorite of mine.

Again, not a musical, just the right amount of songs, plus they were able to snag a great American studio's track with "Rubberneckin'".
So cool.

As jokingly said "in the Classics"........ "Like he said" lol

Well said, cadillac-elvis. :D

Topic author
Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:07 pm

cadillac-elvis wrote:I have always liked "live a little love a little' ever since I saw it on late night TV back in about 1974 or so.

So cool.

Yes of course cadillac-elvis...please let's think about; was this an ELVIS PRESLEY Movie?! I think about the classics from the 50's and the early - mid 60's stuff. My opinion is an ELVIS PRESLEY Movie is and was a genre on his own (like western, comedy, crime...you name it); it was an ELVIS movie..and not a western, comedy or musical, that's my point...in the last movies ELVIS "trying to play a character", and not playing himself, hope you know what i 'mean friend...in my opinion he failed, don't you think so? Yes i know, he looks better than ever and most of all of the songs are teriffic, LOVE IT...with respect for ELVIS...but as an actor in his last movies, i don't know...with all of my respect ;) ! Matt

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:27 am

I know what you mean, Matt; Elvis' movies were wonderful escapism, and I for one appreciated and needed them; however, I don't think that Elvis needed to be made a cartoon character, and that is what the majority of the movies before "Change of Habit" could possibly have been doing to his career.

My point of view is that Elvis' movies were improving, becoming more adult, and more real to life, addressing problems in the world, i.e. "Change of Habit" with the little Autistic girl being helped by Elvis in the film (at that time, it was, I guess, probably good for the general viewing audience to be made aware of topics that could help with expanding knowledge on medical challenges with children, or the like).

I also loved the feel of "Rubberneckin" what a wonderful film clip, I do not think that the feel and fun of Elvis singing "Rubberneckin" at that time, could have been topped (although I was not around to hear anything on the radio, lol).

I do get what you are saying, though. I think there was room for all types of movies for Elvis.

Topic author
Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:54 pm

Oh...Mountain Mist...this sentence means a lot to me.."and I for one appreciated and needed them;". I love his movies, yes, the perfect movies for the ELVIS fan, man and it was fun and light, no social problems, the girls are pretty, the songs are medicore and sometimes are very good, he looks terrific, it's another world, the ELVIS-MOVIE World...his last movies (and i like, STAY AWAY,JOE) was some of "inexplicable"...the whole Storyline of LIVE A LITTLE L A L, CHARRO, THE TROUBLED W. GIRLS, CHANGE O. H., he was not a good actor after all, it was not "ELVIS PRESLEY", i don't want to be disrespectfully, but i think his acting was poor on his last movies?! Don't you think so? Matt

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:53 am

Matt Helm wrote:Oh...Mountain Mist...this sentence means a lot to me.."and I for one appreciated and needed them;". I love his movies, yes, the perfect movies for the ELVIS fan, man and it was fun and light, no social problems, the girls are pretty, the songs are medicore and sometimes are very good, he looks terrific, it's another world, the ELVIS-MOVIE World...his last movies (and i like, STAY AWAY,JOE) was some of "inexplicable"...the whole Storyline of LIVE A LITTLE L A L, CHARRO, THE TROUBLED W. GIRLS, CHANGE O. H., he was not a good actor after all, it was not "ELVIS PRESLEY", i don't want to be disrespectfully, but i think his acting was poor on his last movies?! Don't you think so? Matt

My answer is "nooooooooooooo" ;)

:D

There were also, for me, some really good songs that Elvis sung in this time period.

:D
Last edited by Mountain Mist on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanebrown

Postby shanebrown » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:55 am

I would suggest that Elvis never looked more comfortable or natural in front of a film camera as he did during Trouble with Girls and Change of Habit. Perhaps he knew he was coming out of his contracts finally, or perhaps he realised these were better films with more meat to them than others he had made recently, but he seems far less "stiff" that he often was in front of the camera. He's bogged down by a clunky, now-dated script in Change of Habit, and Trouble with Girls was clearly hacked to pieces in the editing room, but I think he's very good in both, and TWG in particular show that there might have been a decent actor in him after all.

Mountain Mist

Postby Mountain Mist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:20 am

shanebrown wrote:I would suggest that Elvis never looked more comfortable or natural in front of a film camera as he did during Trouble with Girls and Change of Habit. Perhaps he knew he was coming out of his contracts finally, or perhaps he realised these were better films with more meat to them than others he had made recently, but he seems far less "stiff" that he often was in front of the camera. He's bogged down by a clunky, now-dated script in Change of Habit, and Trouble with Girls was clearly hacked to pieces in the editing room, but I think he's very good in both, and TWG in particular show that there might have been a decent actor in him after all.

Well said, Shane.

That is what I liked about Elvis in these movies, too, he was relaxed, within himself, settled and happy, it was a good time in his life with Lisa on the way, then, Lisa was born, and perhaps Elvis' homelife was reflected in the camera (although his happiness was always there).

Also, perhaps, as Elvis was also seeking his spirituality at this time, and still reading voraciously, along with practising meditation, he was finding answers to his questions.

Return to “Blooper Reel”