Tickle Me

Continuity gaffes and other mistakes [mostly] in Elvis movies

Topic author
John

Tickle Me

Postby John » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:53 am

Ascloseasthis in the first shot

01.jpg

A s-e-c-o-n-d later they're f-a-r a-p-a-r-t.

02.jpg

I've looked very hard at this next shot, studied it for ages, but I can't find a blooper.

03.jpg

Colin wrote "As Elvis sings It's A Long Lonely Highway over the opening credits, he's seen riding in a Greyhound bus".

04.png

But in the medium shots, it obviously isn't him !

05.png

A few moments later, the bus arrives at his destination & the numbers on the front of the bus are all different !

06.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elvislady

Re: Tickle Me

Postby elvislady » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Amazing how they can get these small things wrong like bus numbers ect! :lol:
Welcome to my world
http://uk.youtube.com/user/elvislady

Don't judge me. You know my name, But not my story.
Thank you ( Jeanette )

Matt Helm

Postby Matt Helm » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:14 pm

...Yes the "BUS Numbers" on pic 3!...having a ball, and kiddin' with all respect elvislady, Matt

Stevenson

Postby Stevenson » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:21 am

Not really a blooper, but there's Red West sitting behing Elvis in the opening sequence, and yet few minutes later he should be a "violent stranger" in the bar...

tickle me.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
John

Postby John » Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:12 am

Stevenson wrote:Not really a blooper, but there's Red West sitting behing Elvis in the opening sequence, and yet few minutes later he should be a "violent stranger" in the bar...

tickle me.jpg

The magic of movies.

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:50 pm

Stevenson wrote:Not really a blooper, but there's Red West sitting behing Elvis in the opening sequence, and yet few minutes later he should be a "violent stranger" in the bar...

Having one actor play multiple parts in a film was the cheaper option...
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Stevenson

Postby Stevenson » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:17 am

Colin B wrote:

Having one actor play multiple parts in a film was the cheaper option...

... and having Elvis playing singer was the cheapest, rather than developing worthy script... :lol:
I have revisited some of his film recently (hence my activity here) and most of them was fun to watch, although it's not as much fun as I had seeing them for the first time. I like Tickle Me if only for spooky mood (last hotel scenes) and - of course! - gorgeous Jocelyn Lane

Jocelyn Lane (56).jpg

AndresVanKujik

Postby AndresVanKujik » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:31 am

The biggest mistake around d 'Tickle Me' was Elvis actually turning up and filming it. However, due to the soundtrack containing only previously released songs by Elvis it is, I my opinion one of the strongest of themid sixties movies. We had a three volume EP element which didn't sell too well but I think a soundtrack album, although basically a compilation, would have been a strong enough album to do well at the time. Style wise, one can equate this to the British 'Carry on...' films which had ensemble casts starring in each film and were very much 'make them quick and cheap' comedies, but still remains one of the most lucrative franchises. The haunted house at the end is straight out of 'Carry on Screaming.,,'.

I have enjoyed the movie purely for the soundtrack. However identical think Elvis's legacy would have been harmed in any way if it had never existed (and I am usually a supported and defender of his movie career.)
"Man, I just work here..."

Colin B

Postby Colin B » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:29 am

AndresVanKujik wrote:The biggest mistake around d 'Tickle Me' was Elvis actually turning up and filming it...

Any shortcomings the film may have had were outweighed by the presence of the delectable Jocelyn Lane !

Elvis with Jocelyn Lane in Tickle Me.jpg
Colin B

"Judge a man not by his answers but by his questions" - Voltaire
"Why ?" - Colin B

Return to “Blooper Reel”